Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

RealDoll 2: The Review

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Re: RealDoll 2: The Review

Post by deerman »

Good job RaDiv! And I know you enjoyed every second. Now you have two new dolls that I would like to have but Courtney and Erica are giving a evil look. You lucky dog!!

Nightingale

Post by Nightingale »

This review is almost 3 years old :whistle: Great review!

By the way, can the insert on RD2 be stored inside the doll, if you don't want to take it out?

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RaDiv »

Nightingale wrote:This review is almost 3 years old :whistle: Great review!

By the way, can the insert on RD2 be stored inside the doll, if you don't want to take it out?
You're welcome! Almost 3 years already. Time flies, that's for sure. Those years have been lots of fun and more than thousand pictures.

I took the plunge from the first moment RD2 was available for order.
IMG_0086C.jpg
IMG_0086C.jpg (58.5 KiB) Viewed 9941 times
No problem storing the insert inside the doll, that's what I have done.
deerman wrote:Good job RaDiv! And I know you enjoyed every second. Now you have two new dolls that I would like to have but Courtney and Erica are giving a evil look. You lucky dog!!
Thank you Deerman! Almost 3 years old now but feels like new. I've had fun ALL the time. Are you thinking about upgrading?
She told me to come but I was already there

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

It would be nice RaDiv but two is company and three is a crowd.Time does past quickly does it not.

1jayjay
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by 1jayjay »

Yeah, agree with you guys, time flies when you're having fun! 8O :lol: Be interesting to see what the the next three years hold for real doll? 8O :D

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

Although a first initial review is important of "ANY" doll , the for most important review is a later review 1 year , 2nd year, and 3rd year , these are what is most important as it the allows the users (if an honest evaluation ) to tell of any problems with normal use these type of reviews are what is needed and can help actually (if the manufacturer is listening ) for the manufacturer to correct design flaws etc. so that the doll becomes better and more durable .
Even if i had the money which i don't for a high end doll if i am going to pay thousands of dollars for it i want something well made and is going to last , "Otherwise i wouldn't be any better off then a guy who spent a few hundred dollars for a latex doll (p.s, nothing ment bad against latex dolls , i actually have one . ) just making a point on spending money and what a person ends up with !

Paleonaturist
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Paleonaturist »

Sounds as though RaDiv is not only standing behind his original one-week review, but still happy three years on! Congrats on your lovely lady, RaDiv!

Roger S., RealDoll 1 is made with tin-cure silicone and uses an integrated vagina. If you want to take her vag down to the bathtub and rinse it out after playtime, you're going to have to take the rest of her as well. I don't have a RealDoll 2, but I can say from experience that the soft, cuddly tin-cure silicone RD1 is made from can be prone to finger-pokes, finger-breaks and tears of all sorts. From what I've been able to gather, the platinum-cure silicone RD2 uses is much less prone to tearing and other such issues, and reading RaDiv's review, the softer finger wires in RD2 take a lot of the pressure off her fingers as well. There is a 4-Woods doll living here, who is made from platinum cure silicone, and my experience with her has been similar - after a couple of years, she's had just one finger-poke, and only a few other - rather random - tears and dings. None have been particularly serious.

Upshot - if I were going to throw down for a RealDoll today, she'd be made from platinum silicone, and either a RD2 or Wicked RD. (I've a soft spot for Keilani and Lupe . . . or maybe a hard spot . . . .)

~B.
"Plays with dolls"

This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty.

mayolover

Post by mayolover »

thank you very much for your review, It is helping me a lot !!!! :)

Miss Kitty
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Miss Kitty »

Thanks!

Nice to hear all good things, I just made my 1st order and it happened to be the RD2 face A body B with a virginal insert. So I breathe a sigh of relief!

Thanks again for the informative review!

kitty x

Vegetta
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Vegetta »

It was this review that pushed me into making my final decision. Last month I purchased a RealDoll2 Body A, Face A. I had been looking about the web at different doll makers and after having read this review that I went, "Oh, that`s the one." Then I spent about week deciding on which face, tone, etc. My doll is scheduled to arrive in one week and I am more excited now than ever before. I hope my expectations aren`t too high.

I have been getting ready with equipment/accessories I will need to use and maintain her. Corn starch, hair dryer with large plastic sheet (to heat up), a chair with wheels to move her around more easily, a wide-spaced brush, KY-lube.

After she arrives, I will be purchasing some clothing items. I intend to use the shipping crate for short-term storage when company is present. (I don`t feel comfortable people knowing I have a doll). I plan on having the crate lay down with a cloth over it and use it as a coffee table of sorts in front of my gaming screen, no one will think to check inside.

Wim
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Wim »

Roger S New wrote:What's the difference between "Real Doll 1" and "Real Doll 2?"
This is not my topic, and posts are already old, but I couldn't maintain myself:
Abyss wrote:Update from Matt:

Hi everyone :)

We can now make RD2s with what has been our best selling "body 2" in the classic RD line. We will call it "Body B" in the RD2 format for simplicity of separation and production accuracy; (That's why I call all of the RD2 bodies A,B,C, etc., so we don't mix them up in production.)

I'm working on some new RD2 faces, and will plan to do a few actual photos of an RD2 Body B soon. Remember, the key differences between RD and RD2 are:

1.) RD2 is lighter, using additional SOFT cores to bring the weight down further than standard RD. -- Classic body 2 weighs 78 lbs, RD2 Body B weighs 65 lbs--

2.) RD2 has the option of removable inserts. (ALL RD2s are using SILICONE inserts BTW.)

3.) RD2 has a different head system using magnets, and has the "deep throat" removable mouth insert. (also silicone)

4.) Body B has a new subtle skin texture that makes this body shine free.

-Matt
:wink:

Blei
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Blei »

Thank you for the review,
I think I'll buy myself a realdoll too. :)

deusbot
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by deusbot »

An aside is that both current RD1's and RD2's are platinum-cure silicone. It simplifies their logistics and tin and platinum processes don't like living together, so its easier to just make everything platinum and live with the benefits in both. Or so I've been lead to believe...
Artificial Intelligence is the study of how to make real computers act like the ones in the movies -Anon

The questions you ask determine the discoveries you will make - db

Akai

Post by Akai »

Thanks for the review. Hoping to get one soon. :)
- More of my Girls - http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14370 (need to update still)
My most recent, Red Succubus Girl, Lilyth!! viewtopic.php?t=158098

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re:

Post by Szalinski »

phillip57 wrote:Gabrielle has the same fingers as RD2, and I'm impressed. I just wish they'd used that torque wrench you talk about on her elbows and shoulders. I feel as though I'm going to tear her arms off while posing her.
They'll loosen up Phil, Sharon can barely hold her arm up anymore. And I can confirm that ALL Abyss dolls are platinum silicone; 1, 2, BT and Wicked. Have been for at least five years (Sharon is platinum, and I got her in '09).
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

INFORMATIONS