Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Sweet dreams are made of this... With Celeste

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

The young gun

Re: Sweet dreams are made of this... With Celeste

Post by The young gun »

Alright so kind of a update post/question post combined.

After explaining the situation to Abyss, we decided that a recore kit was not needed. I got the job done with 1/2 a silver packet of the two part adhesive. So far so good almost 3 weeks later. The anal/vaginal openings were almost exactly torn the whole way through and now when I went a little heavier and used the acetone afterwards there is almost no visible damage anywhere.

Now here is my question: I am constantly finding that the wigs I bought (off of Ebay) are constantly sliding back during any type of movement and especially when I wake up. Its not the end of the world, but I do want to try to fix this if possible. I bought a roll of industrial strength Velcro and figured that would take care of the problem. Unfortunately this Velcro does not want to stick to my RD2 even after I cleaned the area with acetone. So, am I going to regret hot gluing a strip of Velcro directly onto a RD2 as well as the wig? Or is this a pretty common procedure that will take care of my problem without creating any other problems down the road?

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

The young gun wrote:Alright so kind of a update post/question post combined.

After explaining the situation to Abyss, we decided that a recore kit was not needed. I got the job done with 1/2 a silver packet of the two part adhesive. So far so good almost 3 weeks later. The anal/vaginal openings were almost exactly torn the whole way through and now when I went a little heavier and used the acetone afterwards there is almost no visible damage anywhere.

Now here is my question: I am constantly finding that the wigs I bought (off of Ebay) are constantly sliding back during any type of movement and especially when I wake up. Its not the end of the world, but I do want to try to fix this if possible. I bought a roll of industrial strength Velcro and figured that would take care of the problem. Unfortunately this Velcro does not want to stick to my RD2 even after I cleaned the area with acetone. So, am I going to regret hot gluing a strip of Velcro directly onto a RD2 as well as the wig? Or is this a pretty common procedure that will take care of my problem without creating any other problems down the road?

I would suggest you just adjust the wig strap a bit tighter.

When did you ever plan to do a recore? Nobody ever mentioned that. You were going to embed fabric into the repair as suggested by Pymallion. But a regular repair is probably your best option anyway. Once torn in the crotch the repair will always fail again (assuming same usage continues) it's just a matter of time. Best to just get used to it and keep adhesive ion hand.

EDIT: I forgot the skull cap is foam so yeah, hot glue might work. Test it with a dab on the back of her head first. Silicon adhesive would probably work also.
My Doll Album is here!

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

The young gun wrote:OK thanks. I had a feeling the pushy salesman was just being pushy to get a sale. Ill call Abyss a few times today and hopefully get through and discuss what I have going on and get the best kit available without going overboard.

Update: I decided to go all out after all. I got a hold of Abyss and ordered a recore kit. It should be here within 2-3 weeks.
I spoke with Abyss over the phone and at first we thought a recore kit would be the best idea. The next day I got a phone call back saying that it was not needed. We changed the order to 2 packets and so far so good. The top of the vaginal tear is completely fixed and does not even look like it was ever damaged. The bottom tear slipped less than 1mm when it was curing and I did not catch it until after it was dry. Either way several uses later there is no signs of damage. I have 1 1/2 tubes left so I will keep on it better. Since I bought the wedge pillow that I discussed in one of these threads, damage has just about stopped. It was the initial period where I had the dolls legs up by her feet that seemed to cause the tears.

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

The young gun wrote:
The young gun wrote:OK thanks. I had a feeling the pushy salesman was just being pushy to get a sale. Ill call Abyss a few times today and hopefully get through and discuss what I have going on and get the best kit available without going overboard.

Update: I decided to go all out after all. I got a hold of Abyss and ordered a recore kit. It should be here within 2-3 weeks.
I spoke with Abyss over the phone and at first we thought a recore kit would be the best idea. The next day I got a phone call back saying that it was not needed. We changed the order to 2 packets and so far so good. The top of the vaginal tear is completely fixed and does not even look like it was ever damaged. The bottom tear slipped less than 1mm when it was curing and I did not catch it until after it was dry. Either way several uses later there is no signs of damage. I have 1 1/2 tubes left so I will keep on it better. Since I bought the wedge pillow that I discussed in one of these threads, damage has just about stopped. It was the initial period where I had the dolls legs up by her feet that seemed to cause the tears.
I missed the update.

A recore is pretty drastic. When all else fails option. She'd be converted to a built in after.

Glad you got her all fixed up again, congrats.
My Doll Album is here!

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

So kind of a good update kind of a bad update: Holy moly Abyss makes a good product! I was extremely nervous to use gorilla glue brand hot glue to attach the Velcro to the doll head. I thought for sure I would of melted something but I was quite wrong. In fact, not only did Abyss silicone seem to naturally reject the Velco industrial strength strips, but also refused to accept the gorilla glue as well! I covered the Velcro strip with 4 sticks worth of glue and as soon as I tried to pull the wig off, so did the glue. Of course the bad part of this is the cheap wigs I bought off of Ebay that I like will probably always end up sliding down during movement and physical activities.

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

The silicone adhesive should work. The stuff in the silver tubes from abyss.

Nothing sticks very well to cured silicone except silicone adhesive.

However, uncured silicone adhesive is very good at sticking to all sorts of plastics, foams, glass, construction materials etc. It's amazing how many different glues on the market are just repackaged silicone adhesive.
My Doll Album is here!

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

Now I am not saying this picture is Cover Doll material.... However, compared to my normal drivel, for a random 1am photo shoot I think it came out okish?
Attachments
Celeste.jpg
Celeste.jpg (951.13 KiB) Viewed 3056 times

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

The young gun wrote:Now I am not saying this picture is Cover Doll material.... However, compared to my normal drivel, for a random 1am photo shoot I think it came out okish?
Nice pose, love the outfit and the boots!

:multi:
My Doll Album is here!

apliz2005
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by apliz2005 »

Call me crazy but would a swim cap do the trick, glue the Velcro to the swim cap :)

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Post by brigittes hubbie »

The young gun wrote:Now I am not saying this picture is Cover Doll material.... However, compared to my normal drivel, for a random 1am photo shoot I think it came out okish?
Well, that is Coverdoll material. :wink:

Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

I call this one "What I did during Winter Storm Stella/Pretty in pink/Celeste is one naughty maid".
Attachments
DSC_0217.JPG
DSC_0217.JPG (1.91 MiB) Viewed 2943 times

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Post by brigittes hubbie »

That´s the way and the lady to spend a blizzard day.

Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

Wow I cannot believe I have not posted any updates in over a year....
Celeste and I would like to reassure you all that life is still full of hair brushing, makeup, perfume and sexy lingerie.
I guess things just got busy around here and I lost track of time. Maybe if I clean up the place, and ask nicely,
maybe Celeste would feel more comfortable and let us take a peek at how she is doing these days?
Attachments
Messy room pic.jpg
Messy room pic.jpg (2.22 MiB) Viewed 2459 times

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

I think it worked! Fresh sheets from the store, with a touch of fabric softener, some scented wax and a dab of new perfume seemed to worked some magic.
Less guarded.JPG
Less guarded.JPG (1.34 MiB) Viewed 2451 times
Almost There.....JPG
Almost There.....JPG (1.4 MiB) Viewed 2451 times
Tops off!.JPG
Tops off!.JPG (1.32 MiB) Viewed 2451 times
Bottoms gone.JPG
Bottoms gone.JPG (1.26 MiB) Viewed 2451 times
Well there she is folks! For better or for worse. No photoshop, no fancy lights, no touch ups. Celeste has a few new changes as well. Some for the better some for the worse? What do you all see that is different from before?

bozzaa69
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by bozzaa69 »

Did you do the eyebrows with hair, or did she com like that. That looks good.

INFORMATIONS