Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Sweet dreams are made of this... With Celeste

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Sweet dreams are made of this... With Celeste

Post by pygmalion2 »

It could be a seized joint. I have injected with a syringe lithium bearing grease. It helps some,
it is difficult to inject "blind" to the correct area through the silicone. You may have to make an incision
at the mold seam to lubricant and unlock the joint.

Mark and the Synthetiks
<em>I know the good artist</em>

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

I will try massaging the shoulder a little before I inject anything. Curious what are the chances of this happening almost immediately after purchase? Almost as long as I have owned the doll I have noticed the elbow problem. Only recently have I noticed the shoulder.

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

The young gun wrote:I will try massaging the shoulder a little before I inject anything. Curious what are the chances of this happening almost immediately after purchase? Almost as long as I have owned the doll I have noticed the elbow problem. Only recently have I noticed the shoulder.
The arm is twisted. The 'bones' get out of 'alignment' when they are rotated on the x, y, z axis :? 8O and not moved back the same way.

Contact Abyss, they can walk you through straightening it out.

SEE THIS THREAD (the final solution is 4th post from the end currently...) http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 8&start=15
Rov wrote:Maeva's shoulder is cured!

... a big hats off to Abyss' wonderful team.
They called me back and we tried a precise specific sequence of rotations of arm, wrist and shoulder. It solved the problem.
I think you have similar problem, that's why the shoulder appears twisted and out of alignment.
My Doll Album is here!

TTNLBTPD
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TTNLBTPD »

I had the same issue with my doll. I was able to figure it out however. It freaked me out when her arm went stiff as it was the first week after picking her up. MechaDolls don't have this issue but they also don't have the same range of motion as RD's.
Tough Times Never Last But Tough People Do!

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

Tonight I will attempt to reset the shoulder. Hopefully this will clear up the elbow issue as well.

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

I reset the shoulder as best as I can and it seems to be better. The elbow is still very tight. Eventually I will need to decide what I am doing to keep that from poking through.

On to my next problem. Depending on what wig, I wake up more often than not next to a bald doll. Some wigs stay perfectly fine, others need a bit more persuasion to stay in place. What are peoples thoughts on either a. putting a heavy duty wide strip on the head behind the hairline and hot gluing the other side to a wig or b. hot gluing both sides of the Velcro, one to the skull one to the wig.

SiliconeWorld
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by SiliconeWorld »

Worked with construction crews in my day but never SAW ANYONE AS GORGEOUS AS CELESTE on any.
(Talk about wanting to hammer the nail)

CELESTE is wonderful and makes for a terrific model! Nice posts.

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

I don't want to make this worse than it is, but the elbow popped last night. With some gentle poking around and moving the silicone out of the way, it almost seems like the elbow is crushed and one piece is down and pushing out hence causing this issue. Is there any way to fix this without ripping apart a RD2? Also does this happen often? I don't remember ever slamming the elbow down on anything to crush it to have caused this issue. My camera does not like to take close up pics, but here is one anyway.
Attachments
DSC_0110.JPG
DSC_0110.JPG (810.9 KiB) Viewed 2262 times

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

The young gun wrote:I don't want to make this worse than it is, but the elbow popped last night. With some gentle poking around and moving the silicone out of the way, it almost seems like the elbow is crushed and one piece is down and pushing out hence causing this issue. Is there any way to fix this without ripping apart a RD2? Also does this happen often? I don't remember ever slamming the elbow down on anything to crush it to have caused this issue. My camera does not like to take close up pics, but here is one anyway.
How old is she? Is there any play if you gently move the upper arm bone up and down in an unnatural way? Like, does the bone seem to be detached at the shoulder or elbow?

I would contact Abyss. Something unusual is going on with that arm.

Just describe problem to them and ask for advise, and they will probably ask for decent quality pics. They can advise you how to proceed.
My Doll Album is here!

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

4-5 months old tops. I have had this problem with the elbow almost since the start. As far as I cannot remember, nothing I did would of compromised the elbow structure like this. I wonder if somehow the weight of the doll on the elbow once crushed the white plastic inside? Seems unlikely but I am just grasping for straws at this point.

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

As far as I know the elbow joint itself is metal (see pic)

However the metal is often wrapped in a white tape before the silicone is poured, which may be what you see.

Otherwise, I am not sure what is going on there without clearer pictures.

Possibly the elbow joint was close to the surface since she was poured, which occurs when the skeleton is not centered in the mold.

However since you were also just recently having problems with the arm joints tightening up, then that probably is not the issue. It's more likely accidental damage.
6.jpg
6.jpg (92.56 KiB) Viewed 2221 times
My Doll Album is here!

Euanmancer

Post by Euanmancer »

She will no doubt aquire lots of fans here,
And yes truely she have made it!
love is the greatest refreshment in life.

cy_xander

Post by cy_xander »

The young gun wrote:Good evening TDF. I have had this issue almost as long as I can remember, but ignored it till this morning. I decided it way too cold to crawl out of the covers and decided to wrap Celeste around me. I noticed when positioning the right elbow, it was extremely tight, almost to the point that it seemed like it wanted to pop out of the silicone! When glancing at the enclosed photos, it is obvious something is wrong. Photo right, doll left you can see the shoulder looks fine and the elbow has plenty of padding. Photo left, doll right you can see the shoulder looks... twisted? As well as the elbow is so tight it comes to a point instead of having a nice amount of padding.

I assume this is something that can be adjusted/fixed with just the right amount of massage but am curious of course on how to properly rectify the problem before I do something dumb and or cause permanent damage. I am heading off to bed but would love to wake up in the morning with lots of suggestions on how to fix this. Thanks in advance.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with it. I wish I could be more scientific with my answer, but it may be something that seems to happen with all RD2 skeletons, as far as I know. when rotating the elbow, you can get the shoulder to such a position that it won't come down. It may be because the joint has rotated internally so you're actually working at 90 degrees and of course it won't move. I have found the solution is to play with the elbow, and try to rotate around different axis a few different ways - again not very scientific. Turn the elbow at a right angle and then use the forearm as the leverage to play the shoulder in different directions. Eventually I always find the angle at which it all starts working again. (I run into this when trying to put on a sweater, or arms behind the head for a photo, etc). But DON'T FORCE IT. If it's too firm that's not just needing grease. It means you're pushing against the joint instead of with it. When you get it rotated the right way, you'll know it. if the other arm is working try using it as a comparison.

There should probably be stops so the hinges won't rotate to where this happens. Someone with more experience might be able to say exactly what's happening, but that's my guess as a relatively new owner of a RD.

One other hint - watch the barely visible seam line where the mold was opened - it may tell you the arm is rotated more/less than the other arm that still works.

Good luck!

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

This is my educated guess on what happened. So this elbow is the same arm that I had almost immediate finger pokes. I am guessing because at first I would just roll the doll over at first instead of supporting the doll every step of the way, somehow the weight of the doll ended up on this elbow and cracked this white support.

So here is the good news. All I did was apply slight pressure on that white elbow piece and it popped back into place (just about). I can now bend the elbow much easier than I could ever do. The point that always seemed like it was going to pop out is now almost gone. I am out of adhesive, but I assume I can fix this issue permanently here pretty soon and not have that crazy point almost coming out of the elbow constantly.

Edit: Also possible as KS pointed out that the skeleton was not centered in the mold when created and obviously there is nothing I can do about that.

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

So the arm is broken then, or detached at the joint somewhere.

Best fix would be surgery and fix the bone. If you just pop it into place and seal with adhesive, it will likely continue to recur.
My Doll Album is here!

INFORMATIONS