Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Sweet dreams are made of this... With Celeste

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

The young gun

Re: Sweet dreams are made of this... With Celeste

Post by The young gun »

Here is what I am thinking. Perhaps Abyss changed the elbows from the picture you attached. They might of added a plastic like shield over the metal joint. It seems like I cracked this shield and that is what was popping out and made its way out of the silicone skin. I guess I will have to call Abyss eventually and confirm this. I do think if I seal up that crack and then the silicone skin it will work but from now on Ill have to be extra careful of the elbow.

Also because of how bad my camera takes close up pics, combined with my bad ability at describing it, I am attaching this photo to show where exactly the arm has popped to kind of support what I am thinking happened. (Red to show the general area and yellow to show the exact part of the arm where it popped through.
Attachments
6.jpg
6.jpg (104.74 KiB) Viewed 3277 times

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

The young gun wrote: It seems like I cracked this shield and that is what was popping out and made its way out of the silicone skin. I guess I will have to call Abyss eventually and confirm this.
Like I said... broken.

Nothing should poke out and be able to be gently popped back in. I have roughly the same aged doll sitting here beside me.

Don't get me wrong though.

Sealing it up and seeing if it recurs, possibly avoiding surgery, is a good option.
My Doll Album is here!

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

Been a long time since I had anything but repair woes to post here.... So lets fix that now!
Old rats nest and camera for comparison
Attachments
DSCN1630.JPG
DSCN1630.JPG (2.15 MiB) Viewed 3154 times
DSCN1458.JPG
DSCN1458.JPG (2.04 MiB) Viewed 3154 times
20160724_143520.jpg
20160724_143520.jpg (842.9 KiB) Viewed 3154 times

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

New rats nest looks a little different. At least I was able to leave the googly eye issues and powdering problems like before!
Knock knock
Knock knock
DSC_0065.JPG (2.38 MiB) Viewed 3154 times
Come in
Come in
DSC_0072.JPG (2.12 MiB) Viewed 3154 times
Get out of the way dummy!
Get out of the way dummy!
DSC_0077.JPG (2.23 MiB) Viewed 3154 times
New closet
New closet
DSC_0079.JPG (1.91 MiB) Viewed 3154 times
No one say anything...
No one say anything...
DSC_0081.JPG (2.33 MiB) Viewed 3154 times
Do I get a shelf at least?!?
Do I get a shelf at least?!?
DSC_0083.JPG (2.72 MiB) Viewed 3154 times
Fancy fancy
Fancy fancy
DSC_0087.JPG (1.94 MiB) Viewed 3154 times
OK I'm done.
OK I'm done.
DSC_0090.JPG (2.17 MiB) Viewed 3154 times
Thank you come again!
Thank you come again!
DSC_0096.JPG (1.48 MiB) Viewed 3154 times

TTNLBTPD
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TTNLBTPD »

Nice Doll closet.
Tough Times Never Last But Tough People Do!

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Post by brigittes hubbie »

What a sexy dress she´s wearing, very sexy. She looks fabulous!

Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

Drat! Looks like the vaginal tear is coming back. Is there a product out there stronger than the Abyss silver tubes that is safe for RD2? Or is that my best bet? I would love to get this fixed once and for all if possible.

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

For high stress areas you can use nylon (from stockings) imbedded with two part silicone.
Cut a piece of nylon and place it on something flat eg flat plastic sheet or wax paper
and paste the two part silicone on it - getting rid of as many bubbles as possible.
The cured silicone with imbedded nylon can then be cut to shape and glued into place with adhesive.
This is especially useful for the top 'V' notch for the vag which is very easy to tear.
You can see the nylon reinforcement on the lower opening. This is an old tin based doll.
Mark and the Synthetiks
IMG_4410.JPG
IMG_4410.JPG (978 KiB) Viewed 2768 times
<em>I know the good artist</em>

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

Thanks so much for the awesome tip pygmalion2. I will definitely be trying this out. Tomorrow I will head to my local Ace store and see if there is a decent size two part silicone in stock. If not Ill order a few of the silver tubes and get this problem fixed for good!

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

The young gun wrote:Thanks so much for the awesome tip pygmalion2. I will definitely be trying this out. Tomorrow I will head to my local Ace store and see if there is a decent size two part silicone in stock. If not Ill order a few of the silver tubes and get this problem fixed for good!
Abyss has 2 part also.

I did embedded fabric with my Boytoy, using adhesive (silver tubes as you call it) it lasted a little longer but the repair was harder also.
My Doll Album is here!

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

So I call up my local hardware store looking for "already mixed two part silicone adhesive" and they assure me they have tons in stock. I head down and this is the product they swear I am looking for. I have serious doubts. What do you guys think? I want to get the finger poke and vaginal tear fixed asap but I want to use the right stuff. If I need to place an order and wait a week or two for the "real" stuff to arrive so be it.
Attachments
DSC_0110.JPG
DSC_0110.JPG (1.75 MiB) Viewed 2666 times

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

The young gun wrote:So I call up my local hardware store looking for "already mixed two part silicone adhesive" and they assure me they have tons in stock. I head down and this is the product they swear I am looking for. I have serious doubts. What do you guys think? I want to get the finger poke and vaginal tear fixed asap but I want to use the right stuff. If I need to place an order and wait a week or two for the "real" stuff to arrive so be it.
No. That is epoxy.

You want 2 part silicone. It is NOT adhesive. (circled in picture)

Get it from abyss.

The stuff in the silver tubes IS adhesive.

PS if they had 2 part 'already mixed' it would only be one part. The 2 parts need to mix together before they can cure (form a solid).
silicone-repair-kit-1339967800.jpg
silicone-repair-kit-1339967800.jpg (83.85 KiB) Viewed 2650 times
My Doll Album is here!

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

The stuff in the silver tubes that you got from Abyss is silicone ADHESIVE. It is GLUE used for gluing 2 pieces of silicone together. It is harder than silicone when cured. Less elastic.

The 2 part silicone is pure silicone. One part is the curing agent (catalyst) They are liquid until mixed. It is the SAME stuff that your doll is made of.

That stuff Ace gave you is some sort of cement, why take chances? Buy the recommended stuff from Abyss.
My Doll Album is here!

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

pygmalion2 wrote:For high stress areas you can use nylon (from stockings) imbedded with two part silicone.
Cut a piece of nylon and place it on something flat eg flat plastic sheet or wax paper
and paste the two part silicone on it - getting rid of as many bubbles as possible.
The cured silicone with imbedded nylon can then be cut to shape and glued into place with adhesive.
This is especially useful for the top 'V' notch for the vag which is very easy to tear.
You can see the nylon reinforcement on the lower opening. This is an old tin based doll.
Mark and the Synthetiks
IMG_4410.JPG
If it is this technique you are following now, the idea is to infuse the same 2 part silicone as used by abyss, into a strip of mesh (nylon) then glue it in place with silicone adhesive. This to add strength.

I will defer to pygmalion's opinion here of course, but like I said I tried the same technique with my old boytoy using adhesive instead of 2 part, and it was quite a bit harder than the silicone I was repairing, and this was with 8 year old boytoy silicone which was pretty hard itself back then. So you would want to do as he says and use the 2 part silicone.
My Doll Album is here!

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

OK thanks. I had a feeling the pushy salesman was just being pushy to get a sale. Ill call Abyss a few times today and hopefully get through and discuss what I have going on and get the best kit available without going overboard.

Update: I decided to go all out after all. I got a hold of Abyss and ordered a recore kit. It should be here within 2-3 weeks.

INFORMATIONS