Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

A list of things I wish I knew before I purchased my RD2

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

The young gun

Re: A list of things I wish I knew before I purchased my RD2

Post by The young gun »

I dug around a little bit. So what it seems like is that almost all aquarium heaters no matter if they are 100w or 500w to even 1000w all have a switch that shuts off at 95 F. I guess most fish cannot live at higher temperatures than 95 F.

I found these which say they go to 37.5 C which is approximately 99.5 F. I think I am going to give these a try since Amazon has a pretty decent return/refund policy and I will know quite quickly how they will work. $20 well spent in the name of science?! I will of course keep the community informed if they work.
https://www.amazon.com/Manmiao-Diffuse- ... NRF44ZP1VW

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

Quick update. The 2 heaters I ordered arrived today. 10 days to get from China to New York. Not too shabby. This weekend I will open them up and test them out and report back on how they work. Hopefully they will last longer than the last experiment.

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

Alright so here is my in depth review of ManMiao USB auto heating rod.
1. Giggles abound. Turn the packaging over to see some great tips on how to use this device such as
" 3. the anti high temperature power-off protection, even if you forget to pull out do not have to worry about hot bad baby".
"5. USB power, compact design, to meet your business trip whenever and wherever possible to enjoy".

On a serious note, this product seems to be much more durable than my last purchase. First off the body looks better built.

The heater will rapidly blink between green and red when it is heating and turns off when its ready. This is good because there no way possible to accidentally leave it on for hours like I did the last one possibly killing the product prematurely. (No way possible as in you have a huge visual to remind you to unplug it)

This product became warm to the touch within 5 minutes. I am still experimenting with a insert, but I think it will be able to heat a insert up, get it to temperature and then cool itself off (much quicker than a Flesh Light heater) while not letting the insert get too cold.

As always, I will try to keep you guys informed and let you know if this device was worth purchasing or not to compliment a silicone doll. Of course I am testing on a RD2 so even if this product is safe, it might not be for a different manufacturer or TPE doll ect.
Attachments
DSC_0126.JPG
DSC_0126.JPG (4.72 MiB) Viewed 2651 times

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

So interesting fact about these heaters. They plug in USB. I have a cyber power wall plug that has 2 usb ports. With these new heaters they rapidly blink between red and green when they are in warming stage. However when I have 2 plugged into the cyberpower converter they do not do the normal cycle. Its more of a weak barely red glow.
I wonder if this means they draw too much power at once and fried each other out. I robbed one of these converters from the flesh light converter (also usb) and with two different plugs (one cyberpower one flesh light) working both seem to be heating just fine.

Just some food for thought. I hope it helps someone out eventually.

blondLab

Post by blondLab »

A newbie here thinking about an RD2. I've seen some posts and comments from different ppl and manufacturers about pros and cons of inserts. The most common con has been they move around during use. Have you had this problem?

Also not to be crude, but there is a certain practicality about all this ... so here goes ... I have a couple of fleshlights... and I find they are great during use ... but too tight when you come. . . Anyone have a comment with the RD2 insert or fixed?

Thanks,
BlondLab

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Hi blondLab,

both of my RD2's have fixed inserts and I love the realistic look as well the soft structured feel with this great sucking effect while pushing on the belly.
I've a fleshlight but I don't use it anymore since I've these dolls (Also, that would make them angry :wink: ).
Again, that's a personnel taste/recommendation.

HTH,

- SF -

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Some excellent thoughts you've put together here and relevant to some extent beyond RDs too.

Best wishes

Harem

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

blondLab here is my personal experience with a realdoll2. Anal was so damn tight at first it was almost painful. I'm not trying to claim I am Rocco Stifler, but the first time I finished inside it was straight up God damn painful. The first 3 months or so I was having sex literally daily and it definitely loosened up things. Anal is now quite enjoyable but a major pain to clean up in comparison to a insert.

Have I ever had the insert move around? Slightly. Not enough to notice a difference in feel or cause discomfort. I would just say watch the holes and make sure that no damage is occurring. Also make sure to lube up the insert properly when removing for cleanup. Either a. the doll legs position I originally used caused premature wear or pulling the insert out without rubbing alcohol or lube caused a slight tear.

AnonViking
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AnonViking »

Anal on my doll is also quite very very tight, it's impractical really, so I don't bother with it, as the young gun said it's pain even to try. I don't know why they made the anal cavity so tight. Maybe it's different between doll bodies.

As for the stand... you really need a stand, but the one from Abyss is pretty expensive so a lot of guys are simply building their own from hardware store materials for a fraction of the cost. But not all are as handy nor have the tools to do it. I have to spend maybe nearly as much on shipping and taxes as on the stand itself, so it's prohibitively expensive if you're international.
I wish Abyss could introduce a cheaper stand that is less expensive to ship.

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

Stands are needed for RD2 for sure. There is no way to safely have a RD2 free stand. Some of the other doll manufacturers offer dolls that can free stand. Go to your local hardware store and whip up something like this stand I made with input from fellow users on this site. Besides me switching over to soft rubber wheels, you can easily make this for $60-75 depending on location. I actually bought this stuff at a local store for that price. If I went to a super chain like Lowes/Home Depot you might get away for even less.

As far as I know, RD2 body D are their heaviest dolls and come in at 105+ (with gel inserts). I weigh 195 and can do pull ups on this bar without issue.
Attachments
DSC_0083.JPG
DSC_0083.JPG (2.72 MiB) Viewed 2425 times

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

Realdoll tripod stands fold up quickly, nice and compact, they have that going for them.
My Doll Album is here!

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

Just my two cents like usual, but I discovered something new today that may/may not help others. Since day 1 I have read that the usual steps to place an insert is to lightly coat it inside and out with rubbing alcohol and use the wand provided by Abyss ect. Today I finally got around to using id glide to help guide the insert. All I can say is wow. What a difference. The insert stayed perfectly in place for two uses today and removal was 100% easier. It slid right out and had no resistance whatsoever in comparison to the 80% and 93% rubbing alcohol.

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

Abyss originally recommended lube for installing the inserts. When I bought my Boy Toy Doll about 8 years ago, that was the recommendation.

When I bought my Realdoll 1.5 years ago the instructions had changed. They now instruct you to use Rubbing Alcohol for the installation. It's on the instruction sheet included with the doll.

I wondered why they changed it. Since it really is not much of an issue with silicone if some water remains inside the insert cavity after use (because silicone is not prone to mold) I doubt if they changed the recommendation for that reason.

More likely, because the alcohol evaporates, it would help the insert to remain in place.

But as I've mentioned before, you need to re-apply some alcohol before removing the insert.

I prefer the rubbing alcohol treatment, because I had the experience with the BoyToy insert moving during sex and you end up between the insert and the insert cavity, rather than inside the insert.

Even using lube on the Boy Toy, The tearing in the crotch was very bad. Constantly repairing that area.

Whereas using rubbing alcohol on the Realdoll, the area has not had any tears to date. I credit the newer, softer silicone (sooo much softer and stretchier) plus user experience (lubing some more before removing the insert) with avoiding tears.
My Doll Album is here!

INFORMATIONS