Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

A list of things I wish I knew before I purchased my RD2

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: A list of things I wish I knew before I purchased my RD2

Post by Mondoon »

Great advice young gun, even to other silicone owners like myself who don't have an RD.
Something I have done from Hanna's arrival is put a pair of knee highs on her hands and her feet every night for sleeping. There's less chance of having a fingernail come off. I also always handle her wearing a pair of white cotton gloves which prevent fingernail marks and also preserve stockings or tights for longer. The gloves are really cheap from Amazonia.
"Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey" - John Lennon

Super Softy Monkey Team Doll Force Go !!

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

Does not seem like I can edit my original post, but I want to add 12-15 since it seems people actually are using some of these tips.

12. If the doll is not in use, remove the insert. This goes double if the insert is pierced! I have had a insert or two go inside while getting into a sleeping position and luckily the piercing did not snag or tear on the way up.

13. (Opinion) Train your brain! Go to the dollar store or dollar tree ect and buy two different types of perfume. I bought "Charming Girl" for $1 (Victoria's Secret Very Sexy I do believe) and "La vie de joie" (Lancome La Vie Est Belle). I spray Lancome when I am going to sleep and Victoria's Secret when its sexy time. Lets just say after a month and 1/2 or so when I spray Victoria's Secret my body knows whats about to happen and its ready to go a lot faster.

14. (Opinion) Get a voice box! I bought my ifrogz Tadpole from Ebay for $5.99 free shipping. This is not my idea and is documented here on the forums as Blue Tooth a gogo she talks! Go to page 2 or 3 where someone listed off a website with lots of erotic readings. Lets just say having a doll moan at you with a super sexy voice coming from her mouth throughout a session has shaved off some extended time. Here is a link to the actual forum post if you are interested. http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... =bluetooth

15. Be careful with some of the older information posted on this website! Some posts from say 2010 or even newer are now outdated. I started to remove the head in a way that Abyss does not recommend doing anymore since they switched over to full head model. Be annoying like me and ask first! Most people on this website are very helpful and are more than willing to help preserve your doll and your sanity before doing something that will make you have to open up a repair forum post.

silver_angel
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by silver_angel »

Very helpful! My girl will start production this week!

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

As promised I want to keep you guys informed. This post is in reference to the "sleeve warmers" I talked about earlier in this post. As it looks I posted around July 5th. I have already burned out 2. So with this being said (or typed smarty pants) this product is cheap but does a damn good job when they work. If you do not mind replacing every 4-5 months, I would say go for it. The feeling between warm and cool is like night and day. "A warm orifice is a welcome orifice".

FiveByFive
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by FiveByFive »

This post is probably going to be a gold mine of information for me, as I snagged a completely unused (HALF PRICE!) RD2 Body D w/breast enhancement (factory date: Sep 2016) from an amazing Canadian dude and should see it arrive by Monday or Tuesday of next week. I'll be off of work for both days and I'm pretty pumped, to say the least.

I don't typically bookmark anything so I figured I'd just post, plus I'll probably have my own additions at some point. The one thing I would like to see more discussion on is the crate; movement tactics, disassembly precautions, etc. As far as my doll, she is destined for my basement "Danger Room" mancave, where I alternately admire my X-Men statues, engage in room-scale VR, and bang the hell out of my WM165cmK on a middle-end raised air-mattress (which I pad the hell out of).

Getting her down is definitely a fear...but I'm not as concerned getting her up, as I'm mostly just planning on powdering/spongebathing downstairs. She'll have little reason to go anywhere else.

The crate, however, is sorta' terrifying...I'm debating letting one of my good friends in on the secret just to get some help getting it down. I've also considered dismantling it, but advise has been somewhat inconclusive on whether or not that's something you can do without damage.
~~~~ Life is a runway. ~~~~

TTNLBTPD
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TTNLBTPD »

I'm debating letting one of my good friends in on the secret just to get some help getting it down.
I would think long and hard before you do that. The crate can be dismantled and put back together. But once you let the cat out of the bag there is no putting it back in. If you are really intent with not taking the crate apart I would recommend hiring one or two day laborers.
Tough Times Never Last But Tough People Do!

upsux
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by upsux »

FiveByFive wrote:This post is probably going to be a gold mine of information for me, as I snagged a completely unused (HALF PRICE!) RD2 Body D w/breast enhancement (factory date: Sep 2016) from an amazing Canadian dude and should see it arrive by Monday or Tuesday of next week. I'll be off of work for both days and I'm pretty pumped, to say the least.

I don't typically bookmark anything so I figured I'd just post, plus I'll probably have my own additions at some point. The one thing I would like to see more discussion on is the crate; movement tactics, disassembly precautions, etc. As far as my doll, she is destined for my basement "Danger Room" mancave, where I alternately admire my X-Men statues, engage in room-scale VR, and bang the hell out of my WM165cmK on a middle-end raised air-mattress (which I pad the hell out of).

Getting her down is definitely a fear...but I'm not as concerned getting her up, as I'm mostly just planning on powdering/spongebathing downstairs. She'll have little reason to go anywhere else.

The crate, however, is sorta' terrifying...I'm debating letting one of my good friends in on the secret just to get some help getting it down. I've also considered dismantling it, but advise has been somewhat inconclusive on whether or not that's something you can do without damage.
The crate isn't built, from what I can see, to be taken apart and reassembled easily. There are a TON of nails and when you see how it's built you'll understand that taking it apart, unless done very methodically, would most probably render it useless.

I had my first one rebuilt a year ago and had no problems whatsoever with a friend from work picking it up and getting it to the workshop for the guy who rebuilt it to take measurements. I had a semi plausible excuse because I'd just moved, I said the moving company put it together for my heaviest items - nobody blinked. They had some really good ideas about how to make it into a basement wine cache, adding slim shelving turns it into a video storage cabinet, etc... The wood will have various painted shipping stamps and marks on it so depending where you live some people might be into that raw, unfinished, industrial appearance - again it's a believable reason to pick it up saying you just liked the way it looked then realized 'wtf am I going to do with this?' At that point it becomes a humorous problem you have to deal with.

My advice - remove the door and neck bolt - run them downstairs first. At that point it's a storage crate that you want to find something to do with (add shelves for the X-Men statues?) since it was a impulse decision to get it. If anything it makes introducing your Doll to your friend, should you decide to do so later on, an easy intro with 'remember that crate?'

The Potato Palace is on the left in its rebuilt glory - a clear difference.
IMG_4208.JPG
The crate is simply plywood with 1x3.5" panels nailed around it.
IMG_4211.JPG
This is just the top corner and you can see all the sunken nails you'd be required to remove.
IMG_4212.JPG
No matter what you do I wish you luck and hope you'll share how you handled it!

dollsforme

Post by dollsforme »

The young gun wrote:Does not seem like I can edit my original post, but I want to add 12-15 since it seems people actually are using some of these tips.

12. If the doll is not in use, remove the insert. This goes double if the insert is pierced! I have had a insert or two go inside while getting into a sleeping position and luckily the piercing did not snag or tear on the way up.
Can I ask why the insert should be removed if not in use? Will it tear up the insert or the doll?

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

dollsforme wrote:
The young gun wrote:Does not seem like I can edit my original post, but I want to add 12-15 since it seems people actually are using some of these tips.

Can I ask why the insert should be removed if not in use? Will it tear up the insert or the doll?
Here is my reasoning on why I feel inserts should be removed when not in use. Others may disagree but again this is my reasoning.

1. It lets more air go in and out which allows for any misc fluids inside to dry out faster
2. This is HUGE if you have a vertical hood piercing "clit piercing" On several occasions of intercourse the ball on the end of the piercing has come off. Luckily I did not snag myself or the doll with it. My skin will heal where as a tear is silicone is forever.
2. continued. I lay my doll down next to me and wrap one leg around myself as well as arm. On occasion this has caused the insert to go up inside the doll. Again not a huge deal if not pierced. Be very careful and moisten the doll and remove it. However, going back to the piercing again, its metal and if the ball came off or popped out ect when the insert goes up, it could leave a very difficult to fix tear.

dollsforme

Post by dollsforme »

The young gun wrote:
dollsforme wrote:

Here is my reasoning on why I feel inserts should be removed when not in use. Others may disagree but again this is my reasoning.

1. It lets more air go in and out which allows for any misc fluids inside to dry out faster
2. This is HUGE if you have a vertical hood piercing "clit piercing" On several occasions of intercourse the ball on the end of the piercing has come off. Luckily I did not snag myself or the doll with it. My skin will heal where as a tear is silicone is forever.
2. continued. I lay my doll down next to me and wrap one leg around myself as well as arm. On occasion this has caused the insert to go up inside the doll. Again not a huge deal if not pierced. Be very careful and moisten the doll and remove it. However, going back to the piercing again, its metal and if the ball came off or popped out ect when the insert goes up, it could leave a very difficult to fix tear.
Good to know, thanks for sharing some of your experiences.

A hard lesson I've learned was to watch out for metal zipper. Its no problem putting it on but when moving the doll the metal zipper will grab on the silicon skin leaving a scar. Thankfully it on on the upper back

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

dollsforme wrote:
The young gun wrote:
dollsforme wrote:

Good to know, thanks for sharing some of your experiences.

A hard lesson I've learned was to watch out for metal zipper. Its no problem putting it on but when moving the doll the metal zipper will grab on the silicon skin leaving a scar. Thankfully it on on the upper back
Agreed on the zipper. One school girl outfit I had went on fine for photos but when I placed a body D with implants down and forgot about said zipper, it started to dig in. Luckily the school girl outfit was immediately coming off anyways so I noticed it before and real damage was made. Still. Every lesson with a RD2 is a hard lesson because of cost and time waiting invested. Hopefully someone out there will read this thread at one point and keep something bad from happening to their own.

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

3rd heater is officially dead. Either A. These things have really poor life expectancy or B. double stuffing a vaginal insert somehow kills them. I am guessing its more A than B.

Before I buy 3x random heater inserts from Amazon again, anyone have insert warmers that work well and work for more than 6 months?

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

The young gun wrote:3rd heater is officially dead. Either A. These things have really poor life expectancy or B. double stuffing a vaginal insert somehow kills them. I am guessing its more A than B.

Before I buy 3x random heater inserts from Amazon again, anyone have insert warmers that work well and work for more than 6 months?
Aquarium heaters are approximately the right shape, I wonder if one of these could be adapted for this purpose.

They are glass so a little lube and they should slide right in, the plastic end is removable.

Temperature range between 65F and 93F

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Water-Heater-Fi ... CGrfsVZq9g
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (84.39 KiB) Viewed 2435 times
People already use aquarium air pumps for their dolls so what the hell, might as well get the whole damn fish tank involved!
My Doll Album is here!

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

Ironically when I was trying to figure out how to heat up a insert originally I looked at aquarium heaters. There is a way to short out the sensor with a soldering iron to make them just stay on. I am tempted to just buy one. 93 degrees is close to the human body of 98.7 but if the heater has cycles like a Fleshlight heater, there will still be warm periods and cooler periods.

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

The young gun wrote:Ironically when I was trying to figure out how to heat up a insert originally I looked at aquarium heaters. There is a way to short out the sensor with a soldering iron to make them just stay on. I am tempted to just buy one. 93 degrees is close to the human body of 98.7 but if the heater has cycles like a Fleshlight heater, there will still be warm periods and cooler periods.
Some might run higher temp, 93 degrees was just a quote from the ebay example I posted.

I saw quite a variety available on ebay with my quick search.
My Doll Album is here!

INFORMATIONS