Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

I'm in a predicament, could use some advice

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Cameramike
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: I'm in a predicament, could use some advice

Post by Cameramike »

Hey buddy why don't you auction her off starting @1000 and see what happens please don't toss her in a dumpster there are people on TDF who would love to take her I know I would that's a lot of cash to just say good bye to. I repair people electronics tv etc sometimes for free because I don't want it to go to a land fill. It make my day and there's too!! You could get ahold of Jeff @BCD he might help you. Take care. Mike

DollCuriousMaybe
Former Member

Post by DollCuriousMaybe »

bendover wrote:
DollCuriousMaybe wrote:I'd even sell it to ilikedolls123 for a mere 1k, if wants it, for having my back before I take possession of it.
Hey, I tried to help you out earlier with some constructive tips, without raining down judgment like some others. Could I get in on this deal (kidding, not kidding)? Seriously though, I wouldn't be able to pay anything close to the full price, but by the time you may be feeling pressed to sell, I should certainly be able to offer you more than 1k.
Well, even for him, it would have been if I didn't sell it after a few weeks, and there is a good chance I will. Currently I have decided to set the price to $6500 including shipping. I'm really stressing out over this and just want it to be over with. I'll still be losing a good chunk of money, but I think it's a really good deal and I hope I sell it. Typically you'd be paying close to $8000 for this doll and stand after taxes, shipping and custom parts. You'd be saving close to %20 and you'd get the doll sooner too. I hope I can at least get this much. And if anyone offers me $7000, that's a done deal, I wont even consider any further offers. In the next post I'll post some further details on the doll.
Cameramike wrote:Hey buddy why don't you auction her off starting @1000 and see what happens please don't toss her in a dumpster there are people on TDF who would love to take her I know I would that's a lot of cash to just say good bye to. I repair people electronics tv etc sometimes for free because I don't want it to go to a land fill. It make my day and there's too!! You could get ahold of Jeff @BCD he might help you. Take care. Mike
I'm pretty sure it will sell for at least 1k, so it's unlikely the doll will end up in the trash. I would really hate to lose that much. I already know I'm losing over a grand on it, and that already is going to hurt a lot.

DollCuriousMaybe
Former Member

The doll is still in production, she hasn't even been poured yet, but if you're interested in how she looks, have a look at Rocky's April doll in his thread https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 89&t=80212

Mine will look like that, but with blue hi-res eyes, fair skin (so lighter than that one), blonde wig, and custom nipples. The custom nips are a littler smaller, slightly perkier, and plush color. That should give you guys a good idea of what she looks like. Feel free to make me any offer (if you're serious) and I will consider it. The further below $6500 it is, the longer I'll wait to see if someone offers more, but I will consider all offers.

Again, I will have this doll shipped to you directly from the factory, I will never touch or even see it, it will be brand new.

DollCuriousMaybe
Former Member

So they had production of the doll on hold, and then they went ahead and poured the damn doll. And they won't sell it for me or even hold it, so I'm screwed. Great customer service abyss.

Rocky-DollStacey
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Rocky-DollStacey »

DollCuriousMaybe wrote:So they had production of the doll on hold, and then they went ahead and poured the damn doll. And they won't sell it for me or even hold it, so I'm screwed. Great customer service abyss.
Your situation is not Abyss's fault so don't blame them.. You knew what you were getting into when you ordered the doll. They have a very limited amount of space, it's not a large facility by any stretch of the imagination and so they can't hold you order indefinitely while you figure out what to do with it. I'm sorry but it's ridiculous to expect Abyss to sell the doll for you.. They purchase materials on a order by order basis and once the materials have been purchased to create your order refunds are no longer an option. But for you to come back to the forum and attack their customer service because you're personal situation changed and you're not getting you're way is childish. The way I see it Abyss did nothing wrong. The cancellation process is clearly stated when you place an order. It's a made to order company and there are certain expectations that come with that.

Now I'm sorry your having trouble getting rid of the doll, If you are so worried about your gf discovering your purchase of the doll then perhaps you're just going to have to take a big hit, sell it at a low price and cough it up as a oops moment.
I would suggest you pick it up as you had intended, rent a small storage locker for a month which is cheap, take a picture of the doll and post it on the for sale section of the TDF at a price someone wouldn't refuse.

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

Yeah - its like anything .. car .. speed boat .. if you need to get rid of it fast, just bite the bullet and take a loss on it. Don't think of it as losing 50% .. think of it as salvaging 50% of your investment.

I know its a rough thing to do .. but better to do it and move on if the situation is dire.

Live and learn.

returner

Post by returner »

I have been trying to send you a private message, but for some reason it still stuck in the Outbox.

My offer still valid if you want to sell.

Thanks

Rocky-DollStacey wrote:
DollCuriousMaybe wrote:So they had production of the doll on hold, and then they went ahead and poured the damn doll. And they won't sell it for me or even hold it, so I'm screwed. Great customer service abyss.
Your situation is not Abyss's fault so don't blame them.. You knew what you were getting into when you ordered the doll. They have a very limited amount of space, it's not a large facility by any stretch of the imagination and so they can't hold you order indefinitely while you figure out what to do with it. I'm sorry but it's ridiculous to expect Abyss to sell the doll for you.. They purchase materials on a order by order basis and once the materials have been purchased to create your order refunds are no longer an option. But for you to come back to the forum and attack their customer service because you're personal situation changed and you're not getting you're way is childish. The way I see it Abyss did nothing wrong. The cancellation process is clearly stated when you place an order. It's a made to order company and there are certain expectations that come with that.

Now I'm sorry your having trouble getting rid of the doll, If you are so worried about your gf discovering your purchase of the doll then perhaps you're just going to have to take a big hit, sell it at a low price and cough it up as a oops moment.
I would suggest you pick it up as you had intended, rent a small storage locker for a month which is cheap, take a picture of the doll and post it on the for sale section of the TDF at a price someone wouldn't refuse.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

If they went ahead w/t production of the doll, it was probably because they had a little time to do it.
IOW's, why sit on their butts now when it will most likely end up being you want the doll back into production right when they are swamped w/ orders.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

DollCuriousMaybe
Former Member

Rocky-DollStacey wrote:

The doll hadn't been poured. There was no reason to have poured it. I'm not being childish by rightfully attacking their poor customer service, you're being a fanboy by defending them. And the biggest issue I have is that I offered to pay for all the labor and parts and that been done up until that point. They would have lost nothing and even had spare parts they could use that I payed for. Not to mention if would take a whole week for Annette to get back to me at times. Their customer service is bad, period.

And I'm already selling the doll at a huge loss. I got an offer for half it's value, and I'm taking it. I just want this to be over with.

tattooed dolls
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by tattooed dolls »

He is not being a fan boy , I also have a salty experience with them but as much as I would love to jump in and hate on them for whatever reason, the one thing I can honestly say about their customer service , it's not as you paint it out to be, that's the one thing they do very well, even if it takes that long to respond, it's a custom service , what did you expect ? , it's not Walmart , it's not their fault your situation became a predicament and he isn't being a fan boy if you went and asked for ADVICE.
It clearly is not what you want to hear ,but you as an adult , signed the forms and accepted the contract .
At no point did anyone force you to do that .
They are just being what they are supposed to be, a professional company that follows thru on their contracts, even if you have a change of heart .

Be thankful that you at least made some money back on it and that admins didn't lock up your disrespectful posts.
(To other members)
The best of luck to you and that attitude .
Don't forget to tip your artist, or leave a honest review, it goes a long way for us.Image

TP876

Post by TP876 »

Hearing about this whole situation has made me feel kind of sad. It's not that I don't appreciate the original poster's situation and I don't think anyone is right, wrong, or indifferent here. It simply is what it is. But it makes me feel sad to think that there is one of these beautiful dolls out there that may never be loved, or even be named. I hate to hear one of Julie's sisters as being referred to as an "it" and talks about throwing her in a dumpster. I really hope that this doll will find her way into the arms of someone that will love her and bring that person the kind of happiness that my doll had brought me.

Rocky-DollStacey
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Rocky-DollStacey »

DollCuriousMaybe wrote:The doll hadn't been poured. There was no reason to have poured it. I'm not being childish by rightfully attacking their poor customer service, you're being a fanboy by defending them. And the biggest issue I have is that I offered to pay for all the labor and parts and that been done up until that point. They would have lost nothing and even had spare parts they could use that I payed for. Not to mention if would take a whole week for Annette to get back to me at times. Their customer service is bad, period.

And I'm already selling the doll at a huge loss. I got an offer for half it's value, and I'm taking it. I just want this to be over with.
You do realize they HAVE to complete your order right? they have to pour it and honor the contract.... If they don't then they run the risk of being liable and getting sued by you for goods & services not rendered, even if you never planned to sue them, they as a company can not run that risk.... It doesn't matter if you offered to pay for the labor and parts as its clearly stated after materials are purchased there is no refunds.. You signed this! You need to deal with the fact you jumped the gun and placed the order, even after meeting your gf you delayed contacting Abyss for fear it wouldn't work out, and you waited too long and missed the cancellation deadline. Please explain to me where Abyss is at fault?

Call me a fan-boy if you wish doesn't really bother me, guess what I am a fan. They've been a great company and their customer service has been excellent.

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

DollCuriousMaybe wrote:The doll hadn't been poured. There was no reason to have poured it. I'm not being childish by rightfully attacking their poor customer service, you're being a fanboy by defending them. And the biggest issue I have is that I offered to pay for all the labor and parts and that been done up until that point. They would have lost nothing and even had spare parts they could use that I payed for. Not to mention if would take a whole week for Annette to get back to me at times. Their customer service is bad, period.

Dear DollCuriousMaybe,
carefully read again the terms of purchase you've signed by placing this order instead of blaming Abyss because I can consider your posted statement
Not to mention if would take a whole week for Annette to get back to me at times. Their customer service is bad, period.
as a claim (ROC #10).
Be more respectful with your wording. I'm myself an Abyss customer and every e-mail from Annette, Joe and Matt were replied professionally and well detailed within a few hours due to the timezone difference.

The theater you Illustrate with your misplaced purchase is not the fault on Abyss so accept the opinion of other members who also ordered and received a doll from this manufacturer which has a great reputation on the doll market. We give you the chance to sell this doll on the TDF sales so take the best offer you can get and in the hope that you sell her soon.

- SF -

DollCuriousMaybe
Former Member

returner, my PM is stuck in my inbox too. Not sure what's going on. But I've sold the doll, sorry.

INFORMATIONS