Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

I'm in a predicament, could use some advice

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

DollCuriousMaybe
Former Member

I'm in a predicament, could use some advice

Post by DollCuriousMaybe »

I'll try and keep this brief. Early this year, it had been on a dry spell for about 2 years, and my sex drive was really kicking in. I randomly decided to look into sex dolls and after a few weeks of research I ordered a RD2. As fate would have it, just one week after putting in my order, I meet someone. I didn't cancel my order because I didn't know if things would work out or not. But two months later she's my gf and things are going really well.

But now I have a sex doll on the way. I really think it would freak her out, and I would lose her. It's not really a chance I want to take, and I have no place in my home to hide the doll. The only place I could think of is in the shower I no longer use in my bedroom bathroom. It has one of those sliding glass doors you can't see through. Problem is, my girl uses that bathroom, and I'll always be super paranoid she'll discover the doll every time she's in there.

I contacted Annette about the progress of my doll and she said everything was ordered and ready, but she hadn't been poured yet. I then asked if I could cancel the order and she said no. Now I don't know what to do. I don't know if I could find someone that would take the order off my hands, and if Abyss would be willing to do it. But the chances of finding someone that would take the doll off my hands are slim I would imagine, since it's customized to my tastes. I did get a $500 discount because I ordered shortly after the sale, and it's a few weeks into the process, so the person would get the doll a lot sooner, but I"m still skeptical in finding someone that would buy it.

What advice can you guys give me?

SynthetikReality95
Ex-Member

Re: I'm in a predicament, could use some advice

Post by SynthetikReality95 »

What's all the specs for the doll? Got a pic?

(I'm not interested, but posting all that here might help you. Never know, someone could have the exact same taste in dolls and be willing to take this order right away! lol)

But if you're really into dolls, break it off with the real girl. Most relationships go nowhere, and on the off chance it does, the U.S. average length of marriage is about 7 years before divorce. Average Realdoll lasts 15 yrs +

ilikedolls123
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ilikedolls123 »

If that doll is definitely coming to your house soon and there is a big possibility that you may not sell her by that time, and no where to stash her, maybe you can rent one of those storage units (the smallest will be like $40 a month) and put the doll in there until you find a buyer. Maybe just keep the doll in the crate as to not ruin her "newness" and that will be a positive when pitching her for sale.

Put up a for sale ad here in the forums with as much info about the doll as you can if the mods will let you (since you don't have the doll in your possession as of yet).
But 40 bucks a month would be worth the piece of mind knowing for sure your new GF won't come across the doll in the house and freak out. And if you happen to not sell her in a few months and it doesn't work out with your new GF, at least you have a pristine new doll waiting for you.

That's all I have.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

This happens quite often that a person has to sell the doll before it even ships.

I would post a WTS ad w/ all the specs that this doll has immediately!
A Mod will probably want to verify that the doll is actually in production.

It is much easier to have the doll shipped to the new buyer directly from Abyss vs you receiving it then having to ship again. Basically it will double shipping cost that you have to eat.

Besides the $500.00 discount, figure dropping the price down at least $1,000.00 off if you want the doll to sell fast.

A reseller like Booty Call Dolls may buy it from you, but you will have to give them a hell of a deal as they will have to sit on the doll until they sell it. Plus they will still not be able to sell it for full retail and they need to make a profit too.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

FiveByFive
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by FiveByFive »

rubherkitty wrote:This happens quite often that a person has to sell the doll before it even ships.

It is much easier to have the doll shipped to the new buyer directly from Abyss vs you receiving it then having to ship again. Basically it will double shipping cost that you have to eat.

Besides the $500.00 discount, figure dropping the price down at least $1,000.00 off if you want the doll to sell fast.

A reseller like Booty Call Dolls may buy it from you, but you will have to give them a hell of a deal as they will have to sit on the doll until they sell it. Plus they will still not be able to sell it for full retail and they need to make a profit too.
This is probably your best option. Shipping RD crates is no joke; it puts you into a different class of shipping than standard FedEx/UPS methods because they have to put it on the big trucks, and that's pricey. Avoiding that by altering her destination prior to finishing could be ideal.

Of course, it might also be fun to take the storage idea option, but make it climate controlled and put a high-quality airbed in it? Have your cake and then some, yeah? ^o^ Eh, I kid...mostly.

Also, congrats dude! I also met up with someone via online dating recently, prior to new doll arrival, but it's been only okay on my end. Tons of things in common, but the physical attraction isn't quite there like I thought it would be. Not sure where I want it to go at this point; the only thing I'm sure about is I really really want my doll to arrive, so that probably doesn't bode well.
~~~~ Life is a runway. ~~~~

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

I wouldn't be too quick to get rid of the doll. I hope things work out for you, but like SR95 said; relationships in the US don't have a very good track record these days. :(
In the short term you could put the doll in a storage unit or facility. But like FiveByFive said; make sure that it is climate controlled. :thumbs_up:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

DollCuriousMaybe
Former Member

I can't believe I forgot to mention, but I'm actually picking the doll up. So if I transfer the sale over to someone, they would either have to pick it up, or pay additional for shipping.

As for the specs of the doll, it's actually very close to Rocky's April doll. It's a body D, with fair skin, Laila face, blonde wig, pink lips and nails. Removable insert (type G) and has the Hi-Res blue eyes. She also has custom nips. Perky 3, plush color.

Not sure I want to store her. I'd be too paranoid about damage, and it seems like further money investment. But thanks for the idea, I'll keep it in mind.

Which forum here would be best to post about selling her? I would ideally transfer the sale to someone. By that I mean Abyss charges them for the doll what they charged me, and refund my money. Not sure they'll do this, but I don't see why not. This is best case scenario, I hope I don't have to take a big hit, that would suck.

And thanks for the suggestions guys, keep them coming!
FiveByFive wrote:
rubherkitty wrote:This happens quite often that a person has to sell the doll before it even ships.

This is probably your best option. Shipping RD crates is no joke; it puts you into a different class of shipping than standard FedEx/UPS methods because they have to put it on the big trucks, and that's pricey. Avoiding that by altering her destination prior to finishing could be ideal.

Of course, it might also be fun to take the storage idea option, but make it climate controlled and put a high-quality airbed in it? Have your cake and then some, yeah? ^o^ Eh, I kid...mostly.

Also, congrats dude! I also met up with someone via online dating recently, prior to new doll arrival, but it's been only okay on my end. Tons of things in common, but the physical attraction isn't quite there like I thought it would be. Not sure where I want it to go at this point; the only thing I'm sure about is I really really want my doll to arrive, so that probably doesn't bode well.
It's insane how similar our story is, instead I think I'm further along. I also wasn't so sure about this girl either. I don't find her particularly attractive to be honest, and I kept thinking of reasons why it might end (which is why I waited this long to ask if I could cancel the order). But the more time I've spend with her, the less I've cared about the looks and have actually been finding her more attractive. I really enjoy my time with her and she's made me lose all interest in the doll. Even if the relationship only lasts a few months, I'll still take that over a decade with a doll. That's how much I'm enjoying my time with her.

DollCuriousMaybe
Former Member

Stewie studmuffin wrote:I wouldn't be too quick to get rid of the doll. I hope things work out for you, but like SR95 said; relationships in the US don't have a very good track record these days. :(
In the short term you could put the doll in a storage unit or facility. But like FiveByFive said; make sure that it is climate controlled. :thumbs_up:
Sorry for double post, I missed this post when responding. And I wasn't too quick about cancelling, which is why I missed my window. Even a few weeks after we went official I still wasn't ready to cancel. But things are going well, that I decided that even if this relationship only lasts a few months, it will still have been worth cancelling the order. That's how much I'm enjoying my time with her. My last and only other relationship only lasted 3 months, but those were some of the best months of my life.

So I've put a lot of thought into it, and I've decided that no matter how little this relationship lasts, it will still have been worth cancelling the doll over.

Besides, if we break up, I can order a doll then, and it will most likely be an ever better doll at that time, considering how fast Abyss is improving them. Which is also why I'd rather sell it than store it. Then again, not sure I'd order another one, in fear that this would happen again. At least not until I lived in a bigger house where I could easily hide it.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

DollCuriousMaybe wrote:
Stewie studmuffin wrote:I wouldn't be too quick to get rid of the doll. I hope things work out for you, but like SR95 said; relationships in the US don't have a very good track record these days. :(
Sorry for double post, I missed this post when responding. And I wasn't too quick about cancelling, which is why I missed my window. Even a few weeks after we went official I still wasn't ready to cancel. But things are going well, that I decided that even if this relationship only lasts a few months, it will still have been worth cancelling the order. That's how much I'm enjoying my time with her. My last and only other relationship only lasted 3 months, but those were some of the best months of my life.

So I've put a lot of thought into it, and I've decided that no matter how little this relationship lasts, it will still have been worth cancelling the doll over.

Besides, if we break up, I can order a doll then, and it will most likely be an ever better doll at that time, considering how fast Abyss is improving them. Which is also why I'd rather sell it than store it. Then again, not sure I'd order another one, in fear that this would happen again. At least not until I lived in a bigger house where I could easily hide it.
That's understandable. :thumbs_up:
I think the biggest problem is that you will be taking a financial hit no matter what. You definitely won't get back the money that you originally spent. Most people are lucky to recoup half of their original investment when reselling a doll.
But if you could get the doll sold before you take possession of it, then the hit might not be as bad because the doll will still be considered "new." But even then you might have to seriously lower the price for a fast sale. :(
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

I doubt that Abyss is going to want to get into some type of 2 way payment /refund transaction.
They will want full payment from you for the doll per the contract, but I assume you have already paid for the doll by now.
If you are able to sell the doll before they need it out of there:
I assume you will get the $ from the buyer for the doll and either you or they will have to pay Abyss the additional shipping charges if the doll has to be shipped. And they (Abyss) can probably get a better rate then if you try to ship the doll yourself.

Abyss may also store the doll for awhile for a fee?

TDF has a regular Market Place section for selling dolls.
Do you have a printable invoice you can post? Your name, etc covered.
Or a order number that TDF managment can verify w/ Abyss?
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

FiveByFive
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by FiveByFive »

Yeah man, I don't think the "refund to you/sell to them" option is going to happen via Abyss. I mean, if it did, that's pretty phenomenal customer service, but it's probably not a precedent their sales department can afford to set. Worth a shot, in any case.

Sucks that you were just gonna' pick it up; that basically means your pool of potential customers to just pay you and do the pickup instead is far smaller (relative to those who would simply become the new shipping address). One option is that you could just see if Abyss will take the standard shipping fee after the fact to arrange shipping instead, assuming you can find someone willing to pay full price for someone else's custom choices. The big selling points, of course, would that they would be getting their doll immediately and straight from the factory, with zero customer use.

Honestly, I'd give that option a shot before settling into knocking a grand or more off the price (and dealing with the shipping hassle yourself). Paying for Abyss to ship to someone else will certainly be less of a hit than any other method.
~~~~ Life is a runway. ~~~~

apn12
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by apn12 »

Read order confirmation form, There is cancellation fee 10%. Probably it is cheapest method.

DollCuriousMaybe
Former Member

APN12 wrote:Read order confirmation form, There is cancellation fee 10%. Probably it is cheapest method.
That's only up to a certain point in time. It's now too late for that.

And yeah, I want the doll to be shipped to the new buyer, I sure as hell aren't going through the hassle of shipping it myself. I really would rather Abyss transfer the sale over because I'm too paranoid that after they get the doll, they request a refund through paypal to rip me off, and now I have to deal with that crap. I wouldn't have to deal with that if I instead got a refund from Abyss. I'll make a thread in the buy and sell forum and hope for the best.

But also, Abyss sell pre-made dolls. Aren't these cancelled dolls? Can't they just sell my doll and I take the difference as loss? That would also be great, but I wonder if their customer service is that good.

I also don't know why I can't just pay for whatever has been done. The doll still hasn't been poured, can't I just pay for the work that has been done so far? I guess I knew ahead of time what I was getting into, but I wish they would work with me on this instead of "You're getting the f***ing doll and that's final".

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

Is the relationship strong enough for you to broach the topic - say you were reading about dolls, thought they were pretty, and wondered what she thought of them? Perhaps she would not be as disturbed as you fear.

Good luck either way!
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

CF raises a good point. Do you know for sure if this lady will be freaked out by a doll? Granted most women WILL be, so it's better to err on the side of caution. But there is a chance that she may want to play with the doll herself! :D
If you don't know for sure, then perhaps you could show her some pictures of dolls that you "just happened to stumble upon during random internet searches" as a way to determine how she feels about them.
Also, I think it would be better if she could see actual pictures as it is the realism of these dolls that a lot women have a problem with. Or what makes them feel that they are in competition with the doll. I have personal experience with this as I once told a lady that I had a doll and she was fine with it thinking that it was an old style blow up doll. But when I sent her some pictures, she quit speaking to me. :( Guess she didn't approve of my doll. :whistle:
But in any case, I hope everything works out for you. :glou:

INFORMATIONS