Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

I'm in a predicament, could use some advice

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

SexTypeThing
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: I'm in a predicament, could use some advice

Post by SexTypeThing »

Why don't you try to rent a space in a storage warehouse and keep the doll there until you see how things go with your new GF who already is sharing a lot in just a few weeks. I have two big closets and when I meet a cool girl I hide both of my dolls until something goes wrong with the girl.

Good luck!

K_Kenway

Post by K_Kenway »

Do you have any friends that would be willing to store it for you at their house? Or any family members? If you don't buying the cheapest storage in your area might be the best to go for while still trying to sell it.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Finding a real partner is awesome. If you were getting the lady doll for companionship/sex and have found an organic partner instead, congratulations!
And never having owned one before, you have an idea of what you would missing.

I'm a hetero girl myself, and i love all of my FEMALE artificial replicants.
If you post the sale starting at 500 rebate you may get somewhere. Good luck to you.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

K_Kenway wrote:Do you have any friends that would be willing to store it for you at their house? Or any family members? If you don't buying the cheapest storage in your area might be the best to go for while still trying to sell it.
The friends and family option could work. But he better put a chastity belt on that doll! :wink: Even then she may not be able to retain her virtue as they could pick the lock. 8O Horny guys will find a way! :twisted: :haha4:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

kruiser
Ex-Member

Post by kruiser »

What is so unique in this case that the guy gets to have the honor of having his judgement questioned by everyone?
We are not questioning him selling his doll, we are questioning the fact he is selling his doll to avoid conflict with a real girl who he thinks will think badly of him because he bought it. We are telling him that allowing other people to control your life when you are a grown adult is the path to misery and always looking over your shoulder. I think he has already decided what to do anyway so that's that.

Cameramike
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Cameramike »

Hello who hasn't made a mistake regretting buying on a impulse. Selling her might be a mistake but maybe not. I can't afford a doll like you ordered but would love to. The biggest factor is when she is delivered and you open it and find out what you got you might change your mind. If I was you I would try to store it you might change your mind later on. Dolls aren't real women even though they can be for some. What if your gf finds your order from your computer or phone?? Or finds the invoice you spent on the doll? Storing the doll might stress you out crime happens and you could find her gone!! If this is your first doll you might want to check her out what if she get damaged durning shipping and you might be able to get a refund? Or have another thing to deal with. You can cut your losses it's only money right? If you keep her you will have something to show for it @50% or more off her value? You are in a rock and a hard place. I would like to take her off your hands but don't have the funds with living expenses of today. Good luck would like to hear what you decide. Other people might be in the same situation as your self!! Take care enjoy life don't stress or bring unneeded stress relax you will live longer that way. Mike

ilikedolls123
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ilikedolls123 »

kruiser wrote:...we are questioning the fact he is selling his doll to avoid conflict with a real girl who he thinks will think badly of him because he bought it. We are telling him that allowing other people to control your life when you are a grown adult is the path to misery...
You tell him to basically not let others control his life, yet here you are questioning his decision which is, in his own words, "the biggest mistake of my life". By questioning his decision to begin with, you DO realize that puts you into the category of "other people" trying to control his life, right?? If you truly want him to control his life, then you would respect his decisions and not question them in the first place. To do otherwise shows that you want a certain amount of control in his life...to decide on the doll the way YOU want him to decide, not him.

And what's with this attitude of, "if a woman doesn't approve of a doll she basically sucks"? I'll bet there are PLENTY of women out there who would make fantastic partners despite disproving of a doll. Heck, some people out there would prefer a woman who would not approve of their guy have a doll. Making a blanket judgement like that says more of the person making the judgement than it does of the person they are judging.

kruiser wrote:I think he has already decided what to do anyway so that's that.
Exactly. That was obvious from the first post. And I, along with some others, respected his decision.

But hey, if the guy comes back and says he decided to keep the doll, then you can pat yourself on the back.

kruiser
Ex-Member

Post by kruiser »

And what's with this attitude of, "if a woman doesn't approve of a doll she basically sucks"? I'll bet there are PLENTY of women out there who would make fantastic partners despite disproving of a doll. Heck, some people out there would prefer a woman who would not approve of their guy have a doll. Making a blanket judgement like that says more of the person making the judgement than it does of the person they are judging.
You can think whatever you want about me, I gave up caring about others opinions years ago but yeah, if a woman doesn't approve of a guys doll then she does suck and she can walk. I just think it's pathetic how men allow women to have so much control over there lives and for what? So you can get laid? So you can find your soul mate? What crap , it's all lies we have been told since we were born and it's designed to control us. Why are people so scared of being alone? It's a reality for a lot of us and it should be embraced, not feared.

I would like to know though how you think I am trying to control him when i'm giving a point of view that makes perfect logical sense. I don't have a gun pointed at his head, I am not threatening to leave him like a woman would , maybe you don't like the fact i'm telling him to choose a doll over a woman because you still feel women can be better.

I have already stated that he can make his own choice , we are not talking about a child here, he is a grown man and i'm pretty sure he is getting pissed of at us talking about him like this now. If you don't want to agree with me then that's fine, I don't need your approval or validation , people think different stuff and my opinions are always backed by logic, most people fail to understand that though.

DollCuriousMaybe
Former Member

Post by DollCuriousMaybe »

Wow, this thread blew up. I will try to reply to as many posts as I can. I apologize in advance to multiple posts in a row. I just want to take the time to respond because I am very grateful you guys took the time to share your thoughts with me. I'm finding this all very helpful.
Stewie studmuffin wrote:I don't get why ABYSS couldn't have worked with you to solve this predicament. :? If you paid for the doll upfront then they would have still made money. All they would have had to do is put the doll up for sale on their website as a brand new pre-configured doll at a reduced rate. Then they could have paid you once the doll was sold.
Since they have already been paid, YOU would be the only one taking the financial hit. At least this way, you wouldn't lose as much money as the doll would still be considered "new."
Also, they would have an easier time selling the doll on their website then you would on your own. And for a LOT more money as well.
Granted ABYSS doesn't HAVE to do this as they have already upheld their end of the bargain. But this is something that they SHOULD do in the name of customer service. They aren't the only manufacturer out there. You didn't HAVE to choose them. But you did. They should show a little more appreciation. :glou:
I agree. I thought that could be an option, but essentially they said, "F*** you, you're getting the doll whether you want to or not." I offered to pay for the work that had been done and the items that were ordered but they refused. They also said they wouldn't let me transfer the order to someone else. Not even that! FFS, terrible customer service. They absolutely refuse to work with me on this. The only thing they'll do is ship the doll anywhere, so at least there's that. I'll have the doll shipped to a buyer, hope I don't lose too many thousands of dollars on it, and pray to god the guy doesn't try to rip me off by requesting a refund on paypal after getting the doll.

DollCuriousMaybe
Former Member

kruiser wrote:
ilikedolls123 wrote:
kruiser wrote:
This purchase is the greatest mistake of my life.
You damn fool, what you're doing right now is the biggest mistake of your life. Look, I know that you got butterflies and you wanna be with this girl but just think about what you're doing for a second. You've been with her a few months and you are willing to throw away a 5k doll just to keep a secret which shouldn't be a secret in the first place, you want that doll and there is no shame in that. Do you think she doesn't have her own stash of sex toys? Don't be fooled with these so called ' conservative' girls, they are just like anyone else. When your relationship goes belly up and it will you will be regretting getting rid of the doll and why should you have to hide your true self from her? Is that what you plan on doing? sneaking around behind her back instead of being upfront?

Will you lose her? yeah, maybe you will but so what , you lost a girl who wasn't willing to accept you for who you are and tries to control your actions like a mother controls her child. You are just blinded by this ' love' to see the reality and i'll say this, if this girl is really the one for you then start acting like a man and tell her the truth , if you can't do that then you;ll always be controlled by a girl.
Bull. The guy THOUGHT he wanted a doll at one point. Now he realizes he doesn't because circumstances in his life have changed. That's his choice if he wants to change his mind. And he's not willing to throw away a 5k doll...he's trying to sell her to recoup as much of that 5k that he can.
We have to realize that just because WE are accepting of a life-size anatomically correct sex doll that doesn't mean that we have to feel that some random woman out there in the world is obligated to accept it. This guy feels like what he has with her so far is more than he wants to gamble by deciding to tell her that he ordered a sex doll, then that's his choice.
He stated that at this point he basically feels that he doesn't want the doll. You ignore that and put him in the category of a tried-and-true doll owner, telling him that he has to tell this girl to basically reveal his "true" self by admitting that he ordered a doll or else she is somehow going to walk all over him from here on out. C'mon, man.
Let's face facts AND reality. Owning a doll still comes with a stigma, especially from women. It doesn't matter if its right, wrong, correct, bad, good or evil because despite the reason, the stigma is still there for many people. If he wants to avoid that road, then ok - not this "hey you gotta be true to yourself even if it means losing her" stuff.
If there are those out there who want to crusade and declare to the world that they are doll owners and proud of it, then cool...more power to them!! But when someone like this guy comes along and feels that buying a doll turned out to be a mistake, instead of dismissing his feelings and trying to persuade him to take a more proactive approach to doll ownership in general, we should accept the fact that he feels this way and provide assistance in any way we can. Because, after all, that's simply what he is asking for in the first place.

And when it comes down to it, it actually doesn't matter why he no longer wants the doll, all that matters is that he doesn't want it at this point. If he can get the help here that he is looking for then its all good IMO.
I understand he might want to sell the doll now but I feel he is selling it for the wrong reasons. I look at things from an objective point of view and when you have two people who are not sexualy compatible then the relationship will always fail 100%. I think it is very important you know what each other is into before you start making sacrifices for each other because lets be honest, sex is the number one reason why a man and woman get together. This doll he bought took planning, he must of thought of what it would be like to have her in his life and he wanted that, it's not something that goes away, I think he is just scared because like you said, there is still a big stigma out there but the same can be said for being gay or tran, that got overturned by said people voicing there opinions and being true to themselves.

Now we have gays everywhere and they even get married, in 5 years time the doll market is going to explode big time into the mainstream and people will have no choice but to acknowledge us , owning a doll is not something to be ashamed about, it is about a man taking control of his sex life and saying no to women who seek to control, use and abuse him. I don't consider it a crusade , I consider it ' manning up' and being a true alpha which is not caring what others think, it's about finally taking control of your life and these dolls will give a man that power, it's real and ever since I bought mine I feel free from the burden of dating and it's a nice feeling.

However, if he really does want to sell the doll and be under the thumb of a woman and always be scared about what others think then so be it, some people are too heavily indoctrinated to change and would sooner live life in ignorant bliss which is an easier path but will never give true happiness.
First off, thank you ilikedolls123, you pretty much responded to him what I was going to say. And kruiser and SynthetikReality95, yeah, you guys are misunderstanding me. See, I bought the doll to act as a sex toy. That's it. Nothing else. At all. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone who finds companionship in their dolls, but that's not what I was looking for. It was just a toy. A toy i seriously don't give even the slightest f*** about anymore.

Tell me, can a doll look you in the eyes and tell you that she loves you? Can she laugh with you while you watch a comedy together? Can she kiss you back? Can she hold hands with you while you go for a while in the park? Can she have a meaningful conversation with you? Can she provide support or words on encouragement? There are countless thing you can do with a woman that you can't do with a doll. I only wanted the doll as a fancy masturbator and nothing else. And who needs that when you have a woman? And you say living under her thumb? lol, no, nobody tells me what to do. If I really wanted the doll, I would risk losing her over it, but I simply don't want it. Hell, even if we were to break up right this moment, I would still sell it. Because I realized I was giving up on women when I bought the doll. The stupid sex drive going nuts was to blame, but now that it's back to normal (that sex drive thing has only happened about 2 or 3 times in my life) my head is clear now, and now I know I have no desire for a doll whatsoever. If things don't work out with this girl, I'll find another one. And then another and another. I can't give up, and to me, that's what buying a doll is. I'm not saying that's the case in general, but in my case, it is.

DollCuriousMaybe
Former Member

pastydude wrote:I've seen a high end doll company put up "take over order" sales on their website to help customers that have changed their minds, and even post that info to a forum. I thought in this business, that may be a thing that happens from time to time. I've made purchases while in a horny time period that I later thought was crazy.
If they had good customer service they would do this for me, but clearly they don't.

ilikedolls123
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ilikedolls123 »

Hello DollCuriousMaybe,

LOL, yeah the thread went off the rails! No need to reply to any of my previous posts...I knew you were set on selling and by the sounds of your last post here that still stands.
You said they will at least ship the doll anywhere...that is a selling point you can put in your "for sale" post - buyer doesn't have to pay shipping.
Add that to the fact that the buyer doesn't have to wait since the doll will be completed, that's a selling point, also.

Are they going to hold onto it after its done or are they going to have you pick it up if you don't find a buyer by then?

Hopefully they can send you some pics of it before boxing it up...the sooner you get pics on your "for sale" post the sooner you will be presenting a more enticing post for potential buyers to see!!

Beside the train wreck that occurred on this thread, I hope you were able to find something useful/helpful here to your situation.

DollCuriousMaybe
Former Member

Ownerfckdoll wrote:
Stewie studmuffin wrote:I still think it's a mistake to not keep the doll.
Yep, gut check is telling me I got a bad feeling about this. Don't know the guy, don't know the girl, don't know the relationship. So I'm just talking out my ass, but wanting to get a doll for sexual purposes probably means he doesn't mind porn, kinky shit, etc. But now he's in a relationship with a "conservative" girl who would freak out if she even knew he ordered the doll (and didn't even take possession of it)? I'm guessing she's probably anti-porn and may not be the most adventurous in the bedroom.

Titanic, meet iceberg.

But then again, who knows. Good luck with that almost doll banger dude! :glou:
I was concerned about this too, but so far the sex has been really good and getting better and better, and she says she's open to trying new things. We've already done a few things she hasn't done because. She feels a bit shy and awkward, but is starting to like them. And I actually like it, that I'm getting her to do things she's never done before. And I'm not really all that kinky, so I don't foresee any problems.

DollCuriousMaybe
Former Member

Cameramike wrote:Hello who hasn't made a mistake regretting buying on a impulse. Selling her might be a mistake but maybe not. I can't afford a doll like you ordered but would love to. The biggest factor is when she is delivered and you open it and find out what you got you might change your mind. If I was you I would try to store it you might change your mind later on. Dolls aren't real women even though they can be for some. What if your gf finds your order from your computer or phone?? Or finds the invoice you spent on the doll? Storing the doll might stress you out crime happens and you could find her gone!! If this is your first doll you might want to check her out what if she get damaged durning shipping and you might be able to get a refund? Or have another thing to deal with. You can cut your losses it's only money right? If you keep her you will have something to show for it @50% or more off her value? You are in a rock and a hard place. I would like to take her off your hands but don't have the funds with living expenses of today. Good luck would like to hear what you decide. Other people might be in the same situation as your self!! Take care enjoy life don't stress or bring unneeded stress relax you will live longer that way. Mike
Thanks, I appreciate your kind words. My gf will never find the order. I will destroy all evidence of it. I'm very technically savy and she not so much. And I don't feel like it's really a secret. She doesn't have to tell me everything she's ever bought, and I don't have to tell her either. But if I actually own it, now that's something I'm hiding. I guess even then it's not so bad, she doesn't need to make public everything she owns, and neither do I. But it would be so damn weird if she stumbled upon it.

But like I've mentioned, it's not just the fear of losing her over the doll, I just also straight up don't want it, gf or not.

ilikedolls123
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ilikedolls123 »

DollCuriousMaybe wrote:First off, thank you ilikedolls123, you pretty much responded to him what I was going to say. And kruiser and SynthetikReality95, yeah, you guys are misunderstanding me. See, I bought the doll to act as a sex toy. That's it. Nothing else. At all. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone who finds companionship in their dolls, but that's not what I was looking for. It was just a toy. A toy i seriously don't give even the slightest f*** about anymore.

Tell me, can a doll look you in the eyes and tell you that she loves you? Can she laugh with you while you watch a comedy together? Can she kiss you back? Can she hold hands with you while you go for a while in the park? Can she have a meaningful conversation with you? Can she provide support or words on encouragement? There are countless thing you can do with a woman that you can't do with a doll. I only wanted the doll as a fancy masturbator and nothing else. And who needs that when you have a woman? And you say living under her thumb? lol, no, nobody tells me what to do. If I really wanted the doll, I would risk losing her over it, but I simply don't want it. Hell, even if we were to break up right this moment, I would still sell it. Because I realized I was giving up on women when I bought the doll. The stupid sex drive going nuts was to blame, but now that it's back to normal (that sex drive thing has only happened about 2 or 3 times in my life) my head is clear now, and now I know I have no desire for a doll whatsoever. If things don't work out with this girl, I'll find another one. And then another and another. I can't give up, and to me, that's what buying a doll is. I'm not saying that's the case in general, but in my case, it is.
I think I understood your post from the beginning because I see dolls the same way as you, and you basically said straight out from the beginning that you wanted it for a sex toy. That's all my dolls were. I've had 1 doll and 1 torso leg. The day I sold that doll, the moment I put it into the buyers car, and as I started to drive away, it felt like a 1,000 lbs was lifted off me!
I couldn't stand knowing that I secretly had a doll at home, it was like I couldn't be completely honest about myself to others because of this secret about myself that I didn't want anyone to know. And I had it just for banging...get through my dry spell.
I have another doll coming in a few weeks but I already know that I'll just be keeping it for 4 months, then I'll be selling it because my situation at home will change...I won't be the only one here. So, despite plunging in once again to have a doll - its only temporary.

I'm not ready to give up on women, either. The doll is just a temporary substitute while I lose a few lbs, get in shape over the summer, and make myself presentable enough to jump back into the dating pool. People get dolls for different reasons, and I'm not one to care one way or another. I'm certainly not going to go as far as others just because they don't take my point of view.

I really hope you are able to unload your doll with minimum amount of pain in the arse and loss to your wallet!

INFORMATIONS