Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

robodoll

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

BubaLover
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

robodoll

Post by BubaLover »

Yesterday there was an article in one of the newspaper in my country about the development industry of robot sex dolls and among others they of course mention the robot sex dolls you are making.
my question to the 'regular' doll owners is how are you about the idea of robot sex dolls?
I am personally a little bit uncomfortable with this idea it is probably excited to see the head of the doll moving and talking and probably in the future they will pose to us alone at any position we will want but think what will happen if they will have advance Artificial Intelligence, they will have wills of their own and they will talk a lot like a real woman and if the software is somehow damaged the doll can crush you or bit you.
Think also about the weight it will probably be much more heavier and because all the wires and circuits inside you won't be able to bath her.
To my opinion with more technology inside the doll the more artificial the doll feels.
Today there are also 'simple' dolls with heat and sound but it is connected exterior from the dolls back head and it is look artificial doll compared with the 'regular' dolls.

Tim1111

Re: robodoll

Post by Tim1111 »

From what I've read, the A.I. is pretty customizable - so it's not quite the same as completely having a will of their own like a real woman; not exactly "you get what you get and you either like her or not," scenario.

Right now it's still too early to tell, and give a definitive yea or nay on the matter. A real woman of my doll's height and proportions would come in between 120-130 lbs.... so even if the electronics were to add 30 or 40 lbs, it still wouldn't weight more than a real woman does, but I can see where, for many, that would be an issue. However, if it can move and walk on it's own..... well that would alleviate some of that issue.

Again, there are a lot of directions this can take, and probably a lot of different options available. And yes, the early designs have cords and external power supplies..... but the primary focus by developers right now is in the robotics and A.I. - Down the road, the focus will switch to better realism and streamlining and making it look less synthetic.

We just have to give it time and see how the technology develops. That's my thought on the matter. Why get worked up over anything that isn't even available yet?

Think about how far these dolls have come over the last 20 years, and they're still developing and improving. When I was a kid, the only "sex dolls" available were blow-up dolls - and were designed primarily as gag gifts for bachelor and frat parties..... I'm interested in seeing where all of this leads.

Meso
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Meso »

I'd buy the True Companion doll right now if I could afford it. As with most new technology, it's out of my price range till other models come out or other manufacturers start making their own and flooding the market with them.
I think having a doll that talks and acts like a human is an awesome idea (that and it's sexual). It's not like they can walk yet.
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13492
Dolls are like motorcycles: I wish I'd kept every one I ever rode.
Past Dolls:
Candy8Teen Taffy doll B-cup, tan. MLD D-cup, tan. AVSexToy 100cm D-cup, tan. YL148 D-cup, tan. JY166 Bambi body builder, natural, JY135 flat, tan, WM144 L-Cup, tan, WM140 A-cup, tan.
Current Dolls:
Mia: OR141 ExtraSoft, F-Cup, tan.
Vampirella & Cowgirl: Phicen

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

Unfortunately the days of Sci Fi, android Dolls running amock, is probably many, many decades away if not centuries, they will have to go through the same process of development any tech. Has had to go through, for the next Decade or so the Realdoll will be the Pathfinder, but it has been this way for decades already.

sam treadwell
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by sam treadwell »

Those of you that may have read some of my previous posts, will know that I’m totally onboard with this technology, and also quite excited to see what the future will bring.

As far as the OP’s concern of Androids running amok, and harming humans, I think that this issue will have to be addressed early on, as the technology starts to make some serious strides (Think along the same lines as Asimov’s 3 laws of robotics, or something of the sort).

And while I do think that ultra realistic bot’s, such as Cherry 2000, are a ways off, I believe that this sort of technology could be available as soon as a quarter to a half century off. We already have them, it’s just that currently they exist on a more rudimentary level.

I think that those that have not already seen this thread will find it very interesting. The main participants seem to have a very deep understanding of this technology, and discuss their thoughts on the development and time-line’s involved.

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... rs&start=0

Boulderjase
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Boulderjase »

Dollfriend wrote:Unfortunately the days of Sci Fi, android Dolls running amock, is probably many, many decades away if not centuries, they will have to go through the same process of development any tech. Has had to go through, for the next Decade or so the Realdoll will be the Pathfinder, but it has been this way for decades already.
Sorry, but i respectfully disagree with you. As technology advances the rate at which it continues to advance also grows exponentially. Take the telephone for example, it hung around for many years in one iteration and then as technology advanced it exploded and now theres a new iphone like every year. Its the same with all technology, as it advances, the rate at which it advances further continues to decrease.

INFORMATIONS