Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

RD2 joints

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

blondLab

RD2 joints

Post by blondLab »

I've gathered that an RD2 doll can not stand on her own. So in my mind this roughly equates to saying the dolls have "loose joints". So my question is if a type A doll were laying on her back and you lifted her arm 3/4 of the way up, would it fall down like dead weight? Would it slowly fall down? Would it stay up?

Same question but with a leg?

If she were on her back at the edge of the bed would you need to hold her legs up supporting their entire weight or only partial?

Thanks everyone

DocGrok

Re: RD2 joints

Post by DocGrok »

I don't think non-standing = loose joints in this case. RDs don't have 'standing feet' supports and they are quite heavy in the case of Body Ds or Fs. After looking at izla's photo shoot threads it looks like the joints are pretty tight on the limbs as Tiffany has one shot of her holding her own breasts. As far as I understand, the standing shots are photoshopped to remove the assisting devices so she looks like she can stand on her own to add realism.

Cheers,
DocGrok
Fumiko:Z-ONE 162cm A5

FiveByFive
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by FiveByFive »

Standard RD2 joint tightness allows for the dolls to hold poses to a certain degree, but don't expect the tightness/poseability like what you see in standing model TPE dolls. You can special request tighter skeletons if you're more into the photography side of doll stuff, but Abyss doesn't recommend it for typical use (and neither do I, as both a prior and future RD2 owner).

Essentially, you can get the arms to do what you want until you start applying minor force against the pose, but the heavier legs tend to always droop/fall down at the hip joint due to weight. You can easily pose the knees in bed/sitting, but any leg-based posing unsupported tends to lose out to gravity in the end.
~~~~ Life is a runway. ~~~~

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Echoing 5x5 here to a fair degree. :thumbs_up:

Abyss (Real doll) has three options for joint tightness, tight, normal and loose.

Those that just want a photo model go for the tight for poseability, those that want just a root rat, go for loose, and those that want both go for normal, however the joints do loosen over time, it is a thing, it just is unavoidable due to wear on the joint surfaces.

Anyhow the link for the option is here....as 'Skeleton Options" near the bottom of the page.

https://secure.realdoll.com/realdoll-op ... formation/

My Real doll custom She Devil Lilith can stand unassisted with her custom made hooves on for many different poses, but I do not leave her in this position very long after each photo, as she is a super heavy weight in the doll world at 120 lbs or so, as I do not want to over stress her ankle and knee joints (the rest of her is build like a German SuperTiger tank 8O though)

Anung :lol:

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

INFORMATIONS