Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Totally bizarre - Maybe I was dreaming about her all along

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Hollywu
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Totally bizarre - Maybe I was dreaming about her all along

Post by Hollywu »

Happy Friday! I had a most bizarre experience this morning. I was going through boxes of stuff and found this very rough sketch. I don't recall drawing it but looking at the date on it I do recall I was living at my apartment and one night, while on my Dell computer from Walmart, found the Real Doll site online and was totally enchanted. This was back with dial up and I can still recall that annoying noise. LOL! I must have been distracted as I never even drew her feet but as soon as I unfolded this today and looked at it all I could think was, "HOLY COW! It's my Rari!" I literally got chills and let me tell you - it's been a record breaking bunch of hot days here in the Old Pueblo of Tucson! I'll be the first to admit my drawings of humans leave much to be desired. I am way better at cartoonish-anthropomorphic cats, bears and rats. I feel she has a very primitive feel to her - I am sure that my early love of "La Brea Woman" at the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles has a lot to do with that. Back in the 1970s they had put the bones of a woman, found in the tar pits, into an exhibit and projected an image on top of her so you could see what she might have looked like - flesh and hair and her modest animal skin outfit. I just recall the 2 times I went on grade school field trips that I was the only girl who stayed behind with all the boys to bask in her primitive "Bettie Page-esque" charm. And this was before I had any clue who Bettie was and what she meant to 20th century pin ups! From those early moments I totally could relate to how the boys felt about her. La Brea Woman is no longer on display at the La Brea Tarpits and I would give anything to find a photo of her because to this day she means a great deal to me on so many levels.

So maybe, in many ways, Rari has been in my mind and heart for many years before she took actual material form!

I have to say I am a true believer in writing things down and making them happen. Have to think this is proof of that!

Have a wonderful day!
Attachments
IMG_1450.jpg
IMG_1450.jpg (1.66 MiB) Viewed 1572 times

Dolls to the walls
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Totally bizarre - Maybe I was dreaming about her all alo

Post by Dolls to the walls »

Seems we have a hand in shaping our futures with focused intent. Nice Story, thanks for sharing :wink:

Im all for making dreams into reality :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

DTW

Lisa Megan
Doll
Doll

Post by Lisa Megan »

This was all I could find on-line, regarding the La Brea Woman from the tar pits. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Attachments
800px-La_Brea_woman.jpg
800px-La_Brea_woman.jpg (69.79 KiB) Viewed 1517 times
la-brea-tar-pits-91b.jpg
la-brea-tar-pits-91b.jpg (564.82 KiB) Viewed 1517 times
la-brea-tar-pits-027.jpg
la-brea-tar-pits-027.jpg (205.67 KiB) Viewed 1517 times

trauma
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by trauma »