Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Any advice from RD2 owners?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Swan
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll

Re: Any advice from RD2 owners?

Post by Swan »

You guys are probably right :thumbs_up:

Hey Z which face is this? .... gorgeous :razz:
Attachments
Zebo Dollies.jpg
Zebo Dollies.jpg (198.45 KiB) Viewed 1302 times

wackyphill
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by wackyphill »

For what it's worth I ordered the $25 skin tone sample kit and when I get it I will report if I notice any difference in feel between the samples.

Rocky-DollStacey
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Rocky-DollStacey »

Skin tone does not affect the softness of the skin. All dolls are mixed from the same silicone formula and then the skin tone pigments are added. What you are noticing is the constant improvements Abyss is making to silicone from year to year. My bodyD 2013 medium skin tone felt harder than my bodyA 2015 medium and my BodyF 2017 is amazingly softer than the other two.

For realism freckles are a must, faces without them just seem too perfect and faker, to me anyways.

Dolls are held in place in the crates with the bracket that RaDiv posted using a wingnut to keep it the doll from moving around.

If you like the bodyD but don't want to deal with the weight I would really consider the BodyF it's a little heavier than the BodyA but much lighter than the D. I can't confirm or deny that gel is used in the bodyA now. All I know is that My BodyA 2015 does not have gel in the butt and you can really tell, it's very firm and not anywhere close to being as soft and squishy as my BodyF. Yes the F breasts are a bit bigger than the BodyD but trust me you will enjoy them. I know that the bodyA molds recently went through and upgrade but mine was made before that and doesn't have the more realistic skin texturing that the bodyD and F have.

Most major US holidays are when Abyss likes to have sales and specials, recently they've had several 20% off all doll purchases. They do have a newsletter you can register for and they also post sales on their company forum CRD and also here on the TDF.

Both the Full head and Magnet style are great with their own advantages. Full head provides silicon around the entire head so if you have shorter wigs its more realistic looking. Magnet Faces are better for changing the face of a doll if you have multiple faces. You can change the head on a full head as well but it takes a bit more time. Also Full head faces tend to have a little more snug fit to the skull for a better fit, but this is minimal and not really a big concern.

I got the hand painted eyes this last time for my BodyF and OMG they so much better than the other options, I will never go back to the others, its all hand painted for here on. All head types can use all of the different eyes, but it's much easier to change out the eyes in a magnet face than a full head. I've got standard eyes, upgraded, eyes with veins and the hand painted eyes blows the others out of the water.

I'm not sure if they paint on "Natural" finger nails or if its just basically the skin tone sealed. If they paint them then they will hold up as well as the french manicure, which isn't great if you are very active with your doll. I've always gotten french manicure for mine.

Unless you're super into photography I would go with insert over a fixed. Like stated its much easier to clean, maintain, and replace. I am super into photography yet I still prefer the insert over the fixed.

Like zebo stated, head skin tone will perfectly match the body unless you request for it to be different.

Keep in mind the Skin tone samples might not accurately depicted the softness of the skin as they are used for picking the color and not for softness testing. Abyss uses several mixtures of silicone in their doll production (examples: the faces, duracast, transgender converter, etc. are all firmer mixtures) so they might be using a firmer mixture for the samples.

You can always ask more question here on the forum, but when comes down to making your order and you still have concerns or questions make sure to ask Abyss they will be able to answer them all with 100% certainty.

wackyphill
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by wackyphill »

Thank you Rocky-DollStacey for all the great info!

Brick

Post by Brick »

Swan wrote:You guys are probably right :thumbs_up:

Hey Z which face is this? .... gorgeous :razz:
Its another Tanya face! That face is so beautiful and I didn't give any input on that face. I left it entirely up to the make-up artist at Abyss. I simply told her "Your Choice" on make-up. The Abyss artist is amazing, guys buying dolls really need to leave the make-up to her. just give her basics like eye color and lip color. Then let her pull it together.....
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

wackyphill
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by wackyphill »

When ordering within the USA what company does the shipping? Do they bring it to your door or do you need to be able to pick it up from somewhere?

Rocky-DollStacey
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Abyss uses a company called Seko to do all US shipping, you will be provided with updated tracking information you can check at anytime from their website. In my case they have always delivered to my door. In fact all three times they have sent out 2 guys, I only have two steps at my front door so they were happy to bring the crate inside for me. Tipping them is'nt required but always helps when you need them to go that extra step. Seko will call you the day the shipment arrives in your area to schedule a delivery time/date and they will also call again 30min before they are at your door. Keep in mind this has been my experiences with Seko.

wackyphill
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by wackyphill »

Thanks again Rocky-DollStacey.

BTW, does your doll Lilly have freckles on the body or just the Tanya face? I ask because I noticed the default configuration for Tanya says it has freckles on both but I didn't notice any on the body of your doll in the pictures. I think I agree with you the freckles are worth it on the face and wasn't sure about if it was worth it for the body as well or not.

Rocky-DollStacey
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

wackyphill wrote:Thanks again Rocky-DollStacey.

BTW, does your doll Lilly have freckles on the body or just the Tanya face? I ask because I noticed the default configuration for Tanya says it has freckles on both but I didn't notice any on the body of your doll in the pictures. I think I agree with you the freckles are worth it on the face and wasn't sure about if it was worth it for the body as well or not.
Lilly only has freckles on the face, according to the website Tanya config 1 only has freckles on the face. Now if you click on the purchase button It does mark for both automatically so just make sure all of the options are correctly selected for what you want. Freckles look really great on the body as well, but at the time I didn't not want to spend any more on my order. I honestly think the freckle option is a little over priced but it is what it is.

INFORMATIONS