Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Any advice from RD2 owners?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

wackyphill
Active Poster
Active Poster

Any advice from RD2 owners?

Post by wackyphill »

I'm looking into an RD2: body style A w/ a Brooklyn head and have some questions I'd appreciate any advise on:

Head
Brooklyn seems to only come in the full head style. Any significant advantage/disadvantage to full vs the magnet style?

Eyes
How are Hi-Realism Eyes vs regular? The pictures are not helpful. Can both head types use either type of eyes?

Skin
Will any head chosen as part of the order match the skin tone of the body or can there be a mismatch where some faces are meant for certain skin tones?

Body
The Brooklyn head seems to normally be paired with body D. I'm concerned about the weight of body D though which is why I'm going with A. My 1st question is if the Brooklyn head's size will match the A body?
My 2nd question is if the style A is missing features of the more recent body F?

Fingernails
Any difference between French Manicure / Natural in terms of how well they hold up?

Vaginal Insert
Insert vs permanent? I'm sure the insert is easier to clean and obviously replaceable. Not sure if it looks worse or is harder to use though. Any reason to prefer the permanent option?

Freckles
I know this is very subjective, but curious if people feel it makes a worth while difference or not.

I have additional questions but this already seems like more than enough for one post. Thanks for any advise/info.

trauma
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Any advice from RD2 owners?

Post by trauma »

The weight on the RD2 is still significant, my RD2 was pretty heavy but not sure you can get away from that on a full sized doll.

I had a built in vag, I would definitely go with an insert for ease of cleaning and if damage does occur I feel it is easier to repair the surrounding area and replace the insert.

wackyphill
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by wackyphill »

trauma wrote:The weight on the RD2 is still significant, my RD2 was pretty heavy but not sure you can get away from that on a full sized doll.
Yes, It's still heavy but ~30lbs less than the body D. Body A seemed the best in terms of weight while maintaining decent height.

Brick

Post by Brick »

First let me qualify myself. I have been in this hobby for 9yrs and I have owned over 15 dolls, all RD's. I have 5 dolls at present and all RD's. I have put up a pic of my Harem...
1. Full head is more realistic with a wig and in my opinion better for kissing and oral sex. Having said that, the Mag. faces are better if you want more variety and the are easier to change out on the doll. I have gone to full heads on all my dolls at this time.
2.Go with Hi-Realism, well worth it and yes they are interchangeable between faces.
3.When you pick a skin tone, the head is automatically matched to that skin tone unless you request it to be different.
4. All RD2 heads look fine on all RD2 bodies. Yes, the body A has all the same features as the body f except much smaller boobs.
5. About the same
6.I like removable for ease of cleaning and I have not noted any difference in use. I have had dolls with both types.
7. Freckles are amazing for realism, I am ordering them on all my future dolls...

Anymore ?s let me know!
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

Brick

Post by Brick »

Forgot the pic of my Harem.....
Also, weight is a critical issue. I had a body D and had to sell it, as it contributed to the development of a severe back problem. Keep that in mind when buying a doll, know your limitations!
Attachments
86082EBF-8ED2-4066-A755-FCAE934708C6.JPG
86082EBF-8ED2-4066-A755-FCAE934708C6.JPG (97.96 KiB) Viewed 3449 times

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

wackyphill wrote:I'm looking into an RD2: body style A w/ a Brooklyn head and have some questions I'd appreciate any advise on:

Head
Brooklyn seems to only come in the full head style. Any significant advantage/disadvantage to full vs the magnet style?
I have both, My BT3 has a full head design, My Body D has magnet face. Both have strengths. T-pins help hols wigs in pace for both styles. I can't advise about oral sex, I do not use my dolls that way. The full head is only lightly adhered to the skull with dots of silpoxy. Some are not adhered at all. So, the face will shift on the skull. You may need to re adhere it to the skull occasionally. This happens though normal use, not just kissing but more so from changing clothes and wigs.
wackyphill wrote:Body
The Brooklyn head seems to normally be paired with body D. I'm concerned about the weight of body D though which is why I'm going with A. My 1st question is if the Brooklyn head's size will match the A body?
I have a body D, She is all of 100-105lbs I can handle her. Of course she has motivated me to stay active at the gym and keep up with my upper body fitness. I had 2012 Body A for a while, I enjoyed her very much. Her face along with another face shares the Body D now.

I have seen Brooklyn on a Body A. She looks wonderful. If you want to see a real beauty look for Alottahope's Hayden.
wackyphill wrote: 2nd question is if the style A is missing features of the more recent body F?
It's not a question of missing features, at all; but rather how they different. The F is shorter but curvier than the A, but not as curvy or tall as the D.

Body A -Specs: 5' 3" 70-75 lbs (+/- 5 lbs) 33-24-35 (C cup) Dress: SM or 2-4 Shoe: 8
Body D - Specs: 5'6' 100-105 lbs (+/- 5 lbs) 36-24-38 (DD cup) Shoe size: 8, Gel Implants in Buttocks
Body F - Specs: 5'1' 75-80 lbs (+/- 5 lbs) 37-24-37 (32F cup) Shoe size: 6, Gel Implants in Buttocks & Breasts[/b]

wackyphill wrote: Vaginal Insert
Insert vs permanent? I'm sure the insert is easier to clean and obviously replaceable. Not sure if it looks worse or is harder to use though. Any reason to prefer the permanent option? I know this is very subjective, but curious if people feel it makes a worth while difference or not.
I do not have a doll with a fixed vagina. I do like the ease of cleaning the removable. If you have a FV's you would probably prefer to use female condoms or regular condoms, unless you do not mind flushing her vagina after each romp. A removable insert can also be replaced; you can also have multiple styles to change the look. Yes, it is a personal preference.
wackyphill wrote: I have additional questions but this already seems like more than enough for one post. Thanks for any advise/info.
That is why we are all here! Ask away! :thumbs_up:
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

wackyphill
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by wackyphill »

Thanks very much TJ_Foxx and Zebo. That helps a lot. I'm envious of both of your collections.

Here are some additional thoughts/questions:

Body
I guess what makes me question Body A's features vs say F is that for F the website says there are Gel implants in the buttocks and breasts where it doesn't say that for A. I like the shape of the body F but was thinking the breasts might be a little too extreme. Not sure as I don't have 5 dolls to compare with :)

Eyebrows
Do either of you have any dolls with the hand punched eyebrows? I think I've only seen pictures of one doll so far that had it and wasn't sure if I liked it or not.

Neck Bolt
Also, I'm having trouble visualizing how the doll is hung using the neck bolt and wondering if someone can describe it to me. For example in the shipping crate, which I'm hoping to use for storage, is there a bolt sticking out of the back of the crate that you lift the doll up and into? Is it threaded? Because if it was threaded I don't follow how it would screw in. Obviously I'm not very mechanically inclined :)

Care Guide
I understand the dolls ship with a care guide and was wondering if there was any online version of it downloadable that I could read?

Thanks again for taking the time to share your knowledge.

Brick

Post by Brick »

Glad we can help!
Yes, the body A does have the gels in the butt and Boobs. I am a Boob and Nipple guy, so neither one can be too big....HeHeHe!

Punched eyebrows are good if you want the carpet and drapes to match well. If you go to the post "O Natalie, Natalie" in the RD2 forum I have posted my blonde Natalie with Blonde punched eyebrows. I like things to match closely for realism...

There is a little hole at the base of the dolls neck and you screw an eyebolt into it. And yes the hook is inside the crate for shipment and it also makes the crate great for storage. Its very well built and can be made to lock with a little latch addition.

I believe if you go on RD sales site there is a section for doll care and questions you might have....

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RaDiv »

Neckbolt:

This bracket
bracket.jpg
bracket.jpg (115.75 KiB) Viewed 3394 times
is attached to the back of the crate with screws.

wackyphill wrote:Thanks very much TJ_Foxx and Zebo. That helps a lot. I'm envious of both of your collections.

Here are some additional thoughts/questions:

Body
I guess what makes me question Body A's features vs say F is that for F the website says there are Gel implants in the buttocks and breasts where it doesn't say that for A. I like the shape of the body F but was thinking the breasts might be a little too extreme. Not sure as I don't have 5 dolls to compare with :)

Eyebrows
Do either of you have any dolls with the hand punched eyebrows? I think I've only seen pictures of one doll so far that had it and wasn't sure if I liked it or not.

Neck Bolt
Also, I'm having trouble visualizing how the doll is hung using the neck bolt and wondering if someone can describe it to me. For example in the shipping crate, which I'm hoping to use for storage, is there a bolt sticking out of the back of the crate that you lift the doll up and into? Is it threaded? Because if it was threaded I don't follow how it would screw in. Obviously I'm not very mechanically inclined :)

Care Guide
I understand the dolls ship with a care guide and was wondering if there was any online version of it downloadable that I could read?

Thanks again for taking the time to share your knowledge.
She told me to come but I was already there

wackyphill
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by wackyphill »

Ahh OK, thanks Zebo and RaDiv. I think I get it now.

I understand the doll + crate tends to be ~200lbs. That's likely too much for me to make down a flight of stairs. Do you think it would be OK to sort of slowly slide the crate on its back down stairs or if it's best to remove the doll from the crate and try to move each separately when stairs are involved?

I'm also wondering if I should get the RealDoll Skin Tone Sample Kit for $25 that comes with the $100 off certificate just to get $75 off the doll purchase....

Speaking of which are you aware if there are any discounts available or sales certain times of year that are better to place an order vs others?

Swan
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Swan »

Hi wackyphill

As far as skin tone... I have a medium skin BoyToy and a fair skin RD2 BodyE
Not only color to consider...
The fair tone feels much better to me.
The fair tone on the body looks more real to me.
The med tone looks more real on the face to me.
Prob just confused you more ... sorry :(
You need a Doll Meet to see and feel these beauties :thumbs_up:

Here's a pic of my Dollie hanging ... hope it helps
Attachments
RD hanging.jpg
RD hanging.jpg (889.33 KiB) Viewed 3356 times

wackyphill
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by wackyphill »

Thanks Swan. The picture definitely cleared up any confusion I had on how they hang thank you.

That's really interesting about the feel being different between the skin tones. I wonder if it's really the skin tone that makes the different or if the they changed the silicone formula itself a bit between when each doll was made.

Swan

Post by Swan »

wackyphill wrote:Thanks Swan. The picture definitely cleared up any confusion I had on how they hang thank you.

That's really interesting about the feel being different between the skin tones. I wonder if it's really the skin tone that makes the different or if the they changed the silicone formula itself a bit between when each doll was made.
Hey we need more input from owners who own RD's with different skin tones.

I have a 4woods with pure white skin and her feel blows everything away.

I really believe the color influences the feel. Maybe Joe or Matt can answer this.

Brick

Post by Brick »

Also, texture and softness varies with the years that the dolls were poured. I also believe the dolls can be poured harder or softer as requested. I know that abyss is always trying to refine their Silicone formulas to produce softer and more lifelike felling dolls, while still maintaining the integrity of the sculpted body. I have noted a tremendous difference in feel between a doll poured in 2015 as opposed to a doll poured in 2017........

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

wackyphill wrote:I wonder if it's really the skin tone that makes the different or if the they changed the silicone formula itself a bit between when each doll was made.
I think you nailed it.

There was a world of difference between the feel of my BT and my RD2 which was poured 5 years later. Each with the same skin tone.
My Doll Album is here!

INFORMATIONS