Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

How Difficult Is It Finding Clothes to Fit Kaylani Well

The dolls manufactured by Abyss Creations in the likeness of Adult Film stars officially licensed through Wicked Pictures.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Uncreative

How Difficult Is It Finding Clothes to Fit Kaylani Well

Post by Uncreative »

Hello Everyone,
For those of you that own a Kaylani doll or have had a loaner to photograph, how hard has it been for you to find things that fit her body well. It looks like her dimensions aren't hard to find a size for, but finding clothing that has the right cut for a 4'11" doll has to be hard I would imagine. When I have owned a Body 7 years ago, which is 5'2" approximately I had a heck of a time finding much of a selection of nice clothing for petites online and that was at the higher end of the petite height range. It seemed like everything I saw that caught my eye was for standard heights and that all the petite things I found were rather dowdy. I have been thinking about getting a Kaylani doll (Yes, I know I have Li Mei already, but she needs a friend...lol), but before I sink $6500 into a doll I am curious what your experiences have been. I have seen that some of you guys have managed to find things that fit well, but was it a real struggle to do so?

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: How Difficult Is It Finding Clothes to Fit Kaylani Well

Post by Dollarhyde »

Best member to ask is AlexKnight... :glou:
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

Its not a problem at all.

Most dress's sized small will fit my Kay Li just fine.

Its realy only the size discrepancy between lables/brands that you ever need to watch for because a small for most may be a medium with another brand.

Your not going to have any problems at all finding great clothes for her.

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Like Playtime says, size Small will fit, and usually, it fits pretty well.

The Kaylani Lei doll is based and modeled after a real human, so has human proportions, which makes it easier to find fitting clothes IMO.

But as you mentioned, her small height can be troublesome... most jeans, pants and what not, that fit her hips/waist, are too long for her legs, so they either have to be altered, or simply rolled up inside.

Dolls don't move like people do, so they don't mind if their pants are rolled up on the inside.
Long dresses can also be too long for her height, but sadly, can't be rolled up like pants can.

In this picture, I've rolled up the sleeves on her arms a little bit, because they were about an inch too long, and I've rolled up the jeggings quite a bit, as they were much too long, they reached past her toes.
I don't have any sewing skills, and I don't want to ruin the clothes by cutting them off, so I'll have to resort to hiding the extra fabric, or improvise otherwise.

Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

lvveedub

Post by lvveedub »

AlexKnight...
who makes the stand in the second picture? nice clean looking stand!

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

It's a stand made by G. in the UK.

Seeing the shipping costs from the UK to the Netherlands were almost as much as the stand itself, and guessing you're in the US, the shipping costs will probably be more expensive than the stand itself.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

Uncreative

Post by Uncreative »

Thanks for the info guys. It sounds like I might want to learn a little about sewing if I get the Kaylani doll to shorten some hemlines, but hemlines on pants, skirts, and sleeves are a relatively easy thing to learn how to do with a relatively basic sewing machine, I think. I was afraid I would have to do a lot of alterations to get things to fit well.

life-is-plastic
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by life-is-plastic »

AlexKnight wrote: In this picture, I've rolled up the sleeves on her arms a little bit, because they were about an inch too long, and I've rolled up the jeggings quite a bit, as they were much too long, they reached past her toes.
I don't have any sewing skills, and I don't want to ruin the clothes by cutting them off, so I'll have to resort to hiding the extra fabric, or improvise otherwise.
you could try and use fabric glue to make simple alterations (like a correction on the sleeves and/or the jeggings), but the fabric shouldn't be too thin.

INFORMATIONS