Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

waiting period

The dolls manufactured by Abyss Creations in the likeness of Adult Film stars officially licensed through Wicked Pictures.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

regul8

waiting period

Post by regul8 »

I officially did it! I ordered my WD! I have waited years for this moment (5 years to be precise). When I first joined tdf I knew that one day I would be able to post pics of my own doll. Thanks to all the members here that encouraged me. I almost bought a doll in 2012 but decided to hold off and purchase my house first. I knew it would be difficult living with my parents and owning a doll. I am sure some members have similar situations but I just cannot do it. I am very excited but I know it will totally be worth waiting just 12 weeks for delivery...

campion
Ex-Member

Re: waiting period

Post by campion »

regul8 wrote:I officially did it! I ordered my WD! I have waited years for this moment (5 years to be precise). When I first joined tdf I knew that one day I would be able to post pics of my own doll. Thanks to all the members here that encouraged me. I almost bought a doll in 2012 but decided to hold off and purchase my house first. I knew it would be difficult living with my parents and owning a doll. I am sure some members have similar situations but I just cannot do it. I am very excited but I know it will totally be worth waiting just 12 weeks for delivery...
Awesome, congratulations! Which one did you choose? It's a good thing you waited as the silicone is a lot softer now and things like Duracast make for a much more durable doll.

Now the wait. It's brutal but also kinda fun. Good places to kill time: Yandy.com, VictoriasSecret.com

:glou:
"The customers are torn between needing someone and wanting to be alone at the same time, which has probably always been the name of that particular game."—William Gibson, 'Burning Chrome'

regul8

Post by regul8 »

@campion From day one I always had my eye on jessica drake. I am only 5'6" but I love tall women. I have seen how soft the newer silicone is so I am very excited. I also went with the duracast hands and feet. I have read many posts that involves finger pokes. I hope this will prevent that for as long as I own jessica.

campion
Ex-Member

Post by campion »

regul8 wrote:@campion From day one I always had my eye on jessica drake. I am only 5'6" but I love tall women. I have seen how soft the newer silicone is so I am very excited. I also went with the duracast hands and feet. I have read many posts that involves finger pokes. I hope this will prevent that for as long as I own jessica.
Great choice, that's a gorgeous doll! Jessica has such a beautiful face. Also good call on Duracast. She's going to be heavy, but I've been considering a Samantha Saint, which is nearly the same weight, knowing that I'd pretty much keep her as a pillow princess that spends most of her life in bed between occasional photo shoots.

Jessica will be very nice to come home to for sure. So with three months to kill you can round out the other things you need: low wattage electric blanket, onahole warmer and USB charger, clothes, shoes, perfume, wigs. Whew! The doll hobby isn't cheap, but console yourself with how much you won't be spending chasing real women around with all the usual headaches.
"The customers are torn between needing someone and wanting to be alone at the same time, which has probably always been the name of that particular game."—William Gibson, 'Burning Chrome'

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Congrats Regul8!!

Jessica is a hottie for sure :D I'm sure you're gonna like the new soft silicone, I love it.
And yeah, I can fully understand first moving out, I've done the same thing. I wanted a Realdoll, but my parents wouldn't have it, so I moved out and got my own place.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

upsux
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by upsux »

Congrats on the order now dig in and prepare for the wait on delivery! Ironically enough the 5yrs it took for you to get here is going to seem like nothing compared to the next 12 weeks. I say that out of envy though - I remember what it was like to get that confirmation of delivery ... the appt call from Seko ... the arrival call from the driver ... I didn't even remember the waiting period at that point.

Reach out to the community with any questions and we all look forward to seeing your pics of your WRD.

Are you going to keep the name Jessica or make her your own? Just curious.

regul8

Post by regul8 »

@campion Yes I am ready for the heavy doll weight. I'm still under 40 y/o so I still have energy left. I know it's an expensive hobby also. But you're right, it will keep me from spending money on real women and their headaches.

regul8

Post by regul8 »

Thanks Alex Knight! Where did you get your doll stands?

regul8

Post by regul8 »

@upsux I am not sure if I will keep her name. Perhaps it's something I can think about during this waiting period. I will probably change it considering I did order an extra pair of eyes and an extra wig so that I can alter her appearance whenever I want.

regul8

Post by regul8 »

@Alex Knight I am glad that I waited until after I moved out because I originally wanted the classic RD. At the time, Wicked Dolls were not in production. Being my very first doll, I know I made he right choice!

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Post by brigittes hubbie »

Hi regul8, congratulations, she´s an excellent choise for sure, and therefore worth the wait, how painful that may be. Yes, spend the time shopping for your lady, she´ll be extra grateful when she finds some nice stuff already there.
Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

regul8

Post by regul8 »

thanks brigittes hubbie...But shouldn't I wait until she arrives so that I know that it will fit her?

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Some easy to get into outfits shouldn't be too much of a problem, just make sure they have a small percentage of spandex in them and a larger neck opening for tops or dresses (the hip and shoulders have to fit through).

After you get her, you can look into tighter clothes, as those are more challenging to get a doll into.
And of course, you can drop the real jessica drake an email, and she'll send you some of her own clothes: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=34621
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

regul8

Post by regul8 »

Thanks Alex Knight! It's ironic that you shared that thread with me. If you go back to that thread, I already purchased some items from the real jessica back in 2011. I guess I knew back then that one day I was really going to get her Wicked Realdoll!

Catsoup074

Post by Catsoup074 »

5 years!!! Wow! I admire your perseverance and dedication in seeing that your dream comes true!! Waiting the few weeks for her will be easy compared to the 5 years ,well maybe not,lol

You're gonna love each other!!!!!!

INFORMATIONS