a tribute to my Mum

Paying our respect to TDF members and their friends and family who have passed on.
shimu3z
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

a tribute to my Mum

Post by shimu3z »

If I understand the rules correctly we may say something about Family members who have died. My Mum died two years ago the late part of March. I still miss her. She was a class act. She had a great sense of humor and was a strong lady. My Dad died in 2001 so Mum was without him for 11 years and she did really well. She had lost her eyesight, but still was very social and busy. Many people loved her and she had friends ranging all ages. I am a much more solitary person by nature, but she was very outgoing and loved people.

The thing I miss the most is her unyielding support of me no matter what was going on. I could discuss things with her. Even if it shocked her at first, she would always pay respect by listening to what I had to say.

Anyway, I just want to express that I miss her and am pleased she was in my life as long as I had her.
Shimu
shimu3z

Life may not be what you want but it will be what you make it.

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: a tribute to my Mum

Post by Dollarhyde »

You are very lucky to have had a Mom like her... sounds like a fabulous woman... here's to your Mom... :glou: :glou: :glou:
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

shimu3z
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by shimu3z »

Dollarhyde wrote:You are very lucky to have had a Mom like her... sounds like a fabulous woman... here's to your Mom... :glou: :glou: :glou:

Thank you very much, Dollarhyde. I appreciate that. I really didn't expect anyone to post on the thread. I just wanted to express how I felt. :)
shimu3z

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

A toast, to moms who make all the difference!

:glou:

Warm thoughts to you and your mum, Shimu3z. :-)

mg4
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by mg4 »

shimu3z your mom sounds alot like my mom who just passed away almost 2 months ago. She knew I had a Teddybabe. I ask her if she would like to see her. She said yes. So the next day I bought her in and laid Kim down next to her with her arm around her. She told me she like Kim. I wish now I took a pic but I didn't. A few days later my mom passed away. As I write this I cant help but cry a bit. She was so awesome.
Check out my Gallery:

shimu3z
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by shimu3z »

LaDollyVita wrote:A toast, to moms who make all the difference!

Warm thoughts to you and your mum, Shimu3z. :-)
Thank you very much. It's appreciated.
shimu3z

shimu3z
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by shimu3z »

mg4 wrote:shimu3z your mom sounds alot like my mom who just passed away almost 2 months ago. She knew I had a Teddybabe. I ask her if she would like to see her. She said yes. So the next day I bought her in and laid Kim down next to her with her arm around her. She told me she like Kim. I wish now I took a pic but I didn't. A few days later my mom passed away. As I write this I cant help but cry a bit. She was so awesome.

Ahhh. How sweet. Please accept my sympathy for your loss. Of course, you are still crying some. It's fresh. please take care of yourself. :angel:
shimu3z

Sheldor
Location: In the illusion of somethingness amid the 'reality' of nothingness.

Post by Sheldor »

mg4 wrote:shimu3z your mom sounds alot like my mom who just passed away almost 2 months ago. She knew I had a Teddybabe. I ask her if she would like to see her. She said yes. So the next day I bought her in and laid Kim down next to her with her arm around her. She told me she like Kim. I wish now I took a pic but I didn't. A few days later my mom passed away. As I write this I cant help but cry a bit. She was so awesome.
Dude...dude, that story is of an awesome person; one who loved you very much. No matter what, you'll always have that. No one can ever take that away from you.

:drinking:

shimu3z
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by shimu3z »

Sheldor wrote:
Dude...dude, that story is of an awesome person; one who loved you very much. No matter what, you'll always have that. No one can ever take that away from you.

:drinking:

Yes, agreed.
shimu3z

Wolfman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Wolfman »

I lost my mum three weeks ago very suddenly my dad passed away from cancer 6 years ago, because I’m such an introverted person i don’t have anyone else in my life my ex treats my like a doormat and I don’t make friends easily and I struggle with issues of trust is an issue. That’s why I’m very seriously contemplating getting a doll. People say it gets better, I miss her she wasn’t just my mum was she was my advisor and my friend the person I turned too when I needed advice or needed someone to talk too, I’m struggling but learning to live without her it’s hard somedays I don’t want to get up but I try to stick my routine and it helps.

persontheguy

Post by persontheguy »

Hi to all of those here, particularly Wolfman, shimu3z and mg4
When my father died, I wrote down some things that I learned while grieving. Whenever I hear about this, I tend to forward it. May they bring you some joy. Should you want to talk to me more, then please send me a pm.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey dude, as someone who lost his father, I'm going to let you know a few things about life in the aftermath.

- It gets easier, but you never forget.
- There's no correct way to feel nor correct way to cope, only the ways that you do. Most people feel intense depression for a while that gradually decreases with time, flaring up during important days or triggering events, but this might not be what you do.
- You may come to terms with this faster than you expected; one of the most common things people talk to their therapist about is that they feel guilty that they don't 'feel worse' at times, especially true in the proximity of the death of the loved one. I myself still get watery eyed from time to time, but mostly came to terms and moved forward faster than the rest of my family. You might also take longer. Neither is good or bad, they just are.
- Find a way to keep yourself busy. There is no quick fix to this, but any time you're not feeling sad is good. Its not unusual to feel perfectly happy working from dawn to dusk and then suddenly get super depressed when you drive home and begin to think of your dad again.
- If you love that others are helping you through this process, then soak it up while you can. Most of your friends will get back to life 2-4 weeks later, while you will never forget.
- On the other hand, a lot of people will want to say the one perfect thing to you to cheer you up, only to realize this doesn't work. This is because we grew up on sitcoms and that was what happened. Just tell people if they want to help you, you will vent to them when you need to.
- Go see a therapist for grief counseling. You will not regret it.
- It gets easier, but you never forget. So profound its worth saying twice.
- There's going to be a bit of "They Live!" going on in your life, when you suddenly recognize just how many other people lost their parents too. You may only want to hang out with them for a while. If so, thats fine, you're not obligated to let other people attempt to help you because they want to and think they can.

I'm here if you need to talk and I'll keep you in my prayers.
Signatures are overrated.

INFORMATIONS