It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:39 pm

By visiting this website and viewing the pages within, you accept and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules Of Conduct and Terms Of Use of this website.

Official TDF Rules & TOS

Please click on either selection to view: Rules Of Conduct | Terms Of Use

Page 1 of 7 [ 91 posts ]  
Search for:
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Post subject: April 2017 Category C - Animated GIF Challenge "Housework"
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:25 am 
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Welcome to the April 2017 Category C - Animated GIF Challenge "Housework"!

First of all, well done again to everyone who took up last month's challenge and the entries were all awesome! Well done everyone! It shows what really can be achieved with a little bit of time and effort!

IG, I'm not sure but I think you've got the record for the number of photos entered into your GIF at 152!
Of course, you don't have to do so may photos to produce a really good GIF!

I am humbled to win the March 2017 Challenge and take the "title" for the second time in a row and to be able to host this month's Challenge! Thank you all again who voted for my lovely Ashaki!

Well, for the April 2017 Challenge I am going to introduce a vague theme again as it did seem to be quite popular last time. As I said last month, the idea is to see if it gives more members new ideas and help them to be creative! Let's see if it can attract more entries again! Having looked back at the GIF Challenge since it began in September 2015, the most entries received has been NINE! Can we beat that in April?

Hmmm! Poop as a theme?
Attachment:
H15.jpg
H15.jpg [ 149.25 KiB | Viewed 1476 times ]

Nah! Unless you really want loads of pics like this!

So, this month's theme is "Housework"!

I hope this doesn't sound sexist as everybody has to do it!

Attachment:
H20-horz.jpg
H20-horz.jpg [ 267.97 KiB | Viewed 1476 times ]

Attachment:
H10-horz.jpg
H10-horz.jpg [ 294.4 KiB | Viewed 1476 times ]

Attachment:
H6.jpg
H6.jpg [ 19.14 KiB | Viewed 1476 times ]

I don't think we ought to see you in the pictures like the last bloke though!

It might be nice to see our GIFs like the following but that may be a step too far.....!

Attachment:
happyhousework[1].gif
happyhousework[1].gif [ 2.6 MiB | Viewed 1476 times ]

However, as I said last month, I don't want to make this theme compulsory! If you have an idea that doesn't really match that, or your situation is such that it won't work for you (RJ?), don't worry! Post it anyway! The theme is to spark imagination for this category not to limit it! PM me if in doubt!

Lena has shown us what she can do with her duster in February! Daria did a huge amount in her house and Carly has been doing a lot in the workshop that needs clearing up! Rari has been cooking!

It's been said before that it is really easy to create a GIF animation if you use http://gifmaker.me.

However, I still use the free software, PhotoScape, to create my GIFs and find it very easy to use. Forgive me but I think I will repeat what I said last month to help new GIF makers! Skip to the end of the red bit with quotation marks if you think you've got it now!!!!

"Once you click on the "Animated GIF" part of the front page you can see the usual file explorer on the left, click on where you've saved your photos and your string of photos appears in the bottom left corner. You click on the first (actually, it's the last pic as it's shown in reverse date/time order!) and drag it to the top bar. Click on the next and drag it next to the first and repeat! The GIF magically starts happening! So you don't get confused as to which is next, the last photo you've used has a bloom effect on it. Don't worry if you get to the end of the bar, it will keep adding the photos. It will show a + sign on the cursor when you're in place to add at the end of the bar (You can put in as many as you want and IG used 152 last month!). If you get one wrong you can just click on the offending photo on the top bar and delete it using the cross top right! Don't worry, it won't delete your actual photo!

You can change the time period with a button on the right. I use about 0.3 sec but adjust and see what happens! Your GIF starts as soon as you've entered a second photo! If you've taken a series of photos on the same camera and settings you don't need to bother with any other settings but have a play later perhaps!

If you want to emphasise something in the GIF, like my Ashaki drinking her coffee (in February's GIF), add that photo again at least once more but you can add quite a lot if you want (you can always keep adding until it's right or delete if too many!). This is especially important if you want to add a photo with text on it so people have time to read it!

One thing I have found that is awkward is that, if you have a photo series in portrait, you have to right click on EACH photo on the bar and "Rotate CCW" or your GIF will come out sideways! I haven't found an easy way to do this yet so try to use landscape photos to make it easier!

Dont forget to save it with a title somewhere you can find it again!

Two images is all it takes to make an animated GIF and it can be just changing the effect of the same photo, like colour to black and white for instance!

Advice - For taking a series of pictures with a little bit of movement each time on the doll you MUST have the camera as still and as fixed in the same position as possible or it'll be very jerky! It doesn't need to be on a tripod! You can actually tape your camera or even phone to a solid piece of furniture if you like! I used an antislip mat on a wooden stool once! The smaller the movement on the doll the smoother the GIF looks. You also need to think about whether the doll is actually accidentally changing position slightly each time you move whatever you're moving. You can change more than one bit at a time though, like arm and head. If you twist the body, try to think about what happens to the rest of the upper part to be natural (like arms and head position). Soft furnishings like bedclothes are also hard to keep in the same place if you lean on them!!

Take care not to get bits of your own body in the shots.

Ashaki again demonstrates a simple two pic at GIF at 0.3 sec timing:-

Attachment:
MarchGif1.gif
MarchGif1.gif [ 281.73 KiB | Viewed 1476 times ]

...and here I've put 6 steps in between plus I've added the last pic three times to hold the motion slightly at the end:-
Attachment:
MarchGif2.gif
MarchGif2.gif [ 1.35 MiB | Viewed 1476 times ]

These were done very quickly and the camera wasn't very still but it just demonstrates how smaller movements and more pics can make the GIF look quite a bit smoother! This time the timing is set at 0.15 sec. If you have more photos you can shorten the time even further!"

Doing a simple GIF like this is an excellent way to start and check whether the viewing is right and your camera is as still as possible!

Since 2015, the GIFs have always been amazing, whether simple or complex!

I'm really looking forward to your new GIF animations and can't wait to see your dolls come alive!

This month's Category C rules are:

1. A new or recent animated video of at least 2 frames played as a continuous loop in .GIF format viewable on TDF. No external links! (to YouTube for instance!)

2. The GIF should be shot by yourself and not composed before April 1st 2017 and not posted before as a video. Exceptions may be considered viable in this category if newly adapted in April of this year, particularly if the still photos were taken earlier. However, the host will have the final say as to acceptability! If in doubt, to avoid clogging up the thread, please PM the host with an explanation before posting!

3. An entry into this category may contain any mixture of dolls, whatever the kind, shape or size.

4. CGI dolls or CGI adaptation of dolls can be used. For clarity, please state if CGI has been used.

5. Doll nudity is acceptable although please keep to TDF Rules. Remember, some members may not vote for nudity!!!

6. Photoshop, Windows, GIMP, Paint.net, Photoscape or other image editing is allowed. Special Effects are also acceptable. Please feel free to add 'the making of...' comments which you think might help others join in or improve their own animations!

7. Do not break any TDF rules regarding photos and also comply to The Doll Album AUP.

8. Include the name of your doll or dolls and remember to put a title/caption for your animation in your post (not just what you've saved the GIF as)!

9. Please try not to harm any dolls, humans or animals (real or stuffed!) etc. during the making of your GIF.

Remember: All kinds of dolls and sizes of dolls are allowed to take part in this category!

This month's challenge will run until approx… 05am EDT Thursday April 27th 2017, with the next three days open for voting.
The top three winners (including any ties) will be announced on Sunday April 30th 2017. When there are ties, there are more winners!

Again, bear with me on times as I am in the UK and on BST, so my TDF time may not correspond to EDT which I really need to think about again! What's a few hours here or there?! Again, I'll work it out somehow!

So, everyone PLEASE join in, whatever you think your skill levels are, and let us bring our dolls to life and, above all, have fun!
Don't get stressed out about anything! If you think you need help doing this or get stuck feel free to PM me! However, don't forget I'm still a novice too, despite having now won twice! We're all learning here!

Good luck everyone! Hollows.

DS100 minis Yi nu de and Yong
And 14, no, 16 ‘Stay still you lot’ little ones...I think it’s 16....Oh, and I have a China Girl!
 AIM Send private message  

Post subject: Re: April 2017 Category C - Animated GIF Challenge "Housewor
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:14 am 
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Location: At London's, D'arcy's and Lexi's place in....Da Burgh
You never cease to amaze me hollows, another great theme! Well done! No need to worry about me, I'll slap one together according to your theme!! So many different ideas that everyone can come up with. :P

AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:19 am 
Doll
Doll

OH MY, H&F and Ashaki, you are so clever coming up with this theme! I think IG's wheels are turning already... :haha4: She's already eyeing me up. But she better not have me doing :poop2: , that's all I gotta say! And tongue, well God only knows what he will do.. oh boy this is gonna be fun fun fun....

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:46 pm 
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll

:idea: :idea: :idea: :mrgreen: :thumbs_up:

____ Ryleigh _______ Sienna _____ & ____ Sierra _________ Airrie __________ Asami
************* Swan's Place ****************** Doll Album ******************* Doll Matrix ***************

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:28 pm 

hollows+fentiman wrote:
Hmmm! Poop as a theme?
Attachment:
H15.jpg

I would love to see pictures like that of dolls. Not necessarily poop as a theme but just "in the bathroom." I personally find girls peeing or just sitting on the toilet very hot. It's not that I'm turned on by urine I just find the way girls pee to be so dainty and feminine- how they have no control of the stream and they have to squat or sit. It's so cute how girls go tinkle. I especially like pictures/videos of girls peeing when they have a look of amusement and confusion on their face like, "why do you want to watch me do this?"

So even though you were kind of being sarcastic you have my vote for a dolls on the toilet photo challenge.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:10 am 
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Thanks Tongue, lovely Lexi and Swanny! I'm hoping the light bulbs are lighting up!

TP876! You're welcome to try to make a GIF out of that but it might be a bit too lavatorial for some tastes! Don't forget to stick to TDF rules!

Cheers, Hollows.

And 14, no, 16 ‘Stay still you lot’ little ones...I think it’s 16....Oh, and I have a China Girl!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:06 pm 
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

With the other two challenges not allowing nudity, it will be interesting to see how 'reserved' this one is going to be!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:39 pm 
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

I know, can you believe it!? I was all ready for my soft and sexy entry and then this nudity issue arose. I knew it would be a stiff competition but I never expected some dick rule about nudity!! What a putz, I feel like I have been shafted!!

Attachments:
DSCN6084.JPG
DSCN6084.JPG [ 2.02 MiB | Viewed 1322 times ]

Handle with Care....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8s9dmuAKvU

End of the Line........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwqhdRs4jyA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:14 pm 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

TP876 wrote:
hollows+fentiman wrote:
Hmmm! Poop as a theme?

I would love to see pictures like that of dolls. Not necessarily poop as a theme but just "in the bathroom." I personally find girls peeing or just sitting on the toilet very hot. It's not that I'm turned on by urine I just find the way girls pee to be so dainty and feminine- how they have no control of the stream and they have to squat or sit. It's so cute how girls go tinkle. I especially like pictures/videos of girls peeing when they have a look of amusement and confusion on their face like, "why do you want to watch me do this?"
So even though you were kind of being sarcastic you have my vote for a dolls on the toilet photo challenge.

"Dolls Gotta Go 2" (too / two) :haha4:

I would love to see that!
Squatting dolls with their legwear down to their knees or ankles... tinkle... tinkle... :whistle:
Unfortunately Nele can't squat - believe me we tried... ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:05 am 
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

:haha4: Maybe if you won one of the other challenges you could have that as a theme for a still photo! I'm not sure you could make a GIF out of that but, hey, it's my rules this month so if anyone wants to try I did say at the beginning that if the 'theme' didn't fit for anyone they can submit something else! As long as it doesn't break TDF rules it's ok by me! PM me with the GIF to check first so we don't get something that's unsuitable to post.

Cheers, Hollows.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:28 am 
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Damn... What the hell has that dragon been eating, I want what he's having..? lol

But only if you dare to risk your sanity..?
 AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:59 am 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

hollows+fentiman wrote:
if the 'theme' didn't fit for anyone they can submit something else! As long as it doesn't break TDF rules it's ok by me! PM me with the GIF to check first so we don't get something that's unsuitable to post.
Please stop "teasing" ... :)
How do you call this strange feeling when you want to do something with your better half (doll) but actually are not even horny?! Motivation? Weird! ;)
Nele and I haven't even started "filming" the stuff we had planed for Easter … :(

BTW, just a technical question, since the rules on TDF and Dollalbum are more restrictive than on Dollharem.com. What if somebody posts a "naughty" version there and only puts a placeholder (censored, shortened, blurred, what ever...) version up for vote here?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:24 pm 
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Well, I personally think it would be unsuitable but I think it would have to be down to the Moderators. TDF is perfect as it is so why 'bend' any rules?

Cheers, Hollows.

AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:27 pm 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

hollows+fentiman wrote:
Well, I personally think it would be unsuitable but I think it would have to be down to the Moderators. TDF is perfect as it is so why 'bend' any rules?

Sadly, bending the rules is half the fun of almost everything nowadays and only the exception proves the rule. ;)
I don't think TDF is "perfect" but I won't provoke anything or anybody without cause.
So, as I said, just a technical question. No harm done or intended...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:52 am 
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

I know it takes quite some time to do a GIF and we have plenty of that left this month to do one! I hope some of you have your thinking caps on and have a Gru (Despicable Me) moment of "Light Bulb!"

It is coming up to Easter which is celebrated by many but it could give a little time to think and hopefully some ideas! This challenge is always slow to kick off because of its complexity but, don't forget, even a very simple one is fun to do and can be extremely effective and beautiful to watch, as Swanny has demonstrated a number of times!

Cheers, Hollows.

Page 1 of 7 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next