It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:42 pm

By visiting this website and viewing the pages within, you accept and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules Of Conduct and Terms Of Use of this website.

Official TDF Rules & TOS

Please click on either selection to view: Rules Of Conduct | Terms Of Use

Page 1 of 6 [ 77 posts ]  
Search for:
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: May 2017 Cat C - Animated GIF Challenge "Dance Moves"
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:55 pm 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Welcome to the May 2017 Category C - Animated GIF Challenge "Dance Moves"!

Thanks again to all who took part in the contest last month. You guys are all so creative.
Mr. Hollows did such a great job hosting I'll be refering back to his and RJ's excellent gif making tutorials.
Thanks to all who voted last month as well.

I wanted Alissa's first entry to be special and am very happy that Alissa was able to win. :D
I'm honored to be your host and have brought Alissa as my co-host.

Keep in mind this is still very much "open theme". I realize it can take quite a while to make the gif you want to make. If you have been planning an idea for some time - then go for it! Just as long as you finish it this month and have not posted it somewhere else first. This month's theme is more of a suggestion to get you started.

DANCE MOVES!!!

The creative head movements from the entries last month made me realize how fun it is to see our dolls dance! What kind of moves does your doll want to show off??? There are many types of dance moves to chose from. Nothing is out of style in this contest. 8)

Think of ways your doll can move that a human being cannot do. A big doll can dance with a little doll. Work with your dolls and see what they can do. I'm sure they will surprise you. Your doll does not need to be able to stand to move and shake! You can even dance on top of the washing machine like Swan's Ryleigh! :razz:

Some say the art of fighting is also a dance.

You can even dance to make it rain.

It does not matter if your doll has two left feet. Everyone needs to start somewhere and this is a great way to practice. Feel free to link to some music that fits with the gif.

This month's Category C rules are:

1. A new or recent animated video of at least 2 frames played as a continuous loop in .GIF format viewable on TDF. No external links! (to YouTube for instance!)

2. The GIF should be shot by yourself and not composed before March 1st 2017 and not posted before as a video. Exceptions may be considered viable in this category if newly adapted in March of this year, particularly if the still photos were taken earlier. However, the host will have the final say as to acceptability! If in doubt, to avoid clogging up the thread, please PM the host with an explanation before posting!

3. An entry into this category may contain any mixture of dolls, whatever the kind, shape or size.

4. CGI dolls or CGI adaptation of dolls can be used. For clarity, please state if CGI has been used.

5. Doll nudity is acceptable although please keep to TDF Rules.

6. Photoshop, Windows, GIMP, Paint.net, Photoscape or other image editing is allowed. Special Effects are also acceptable. Please feel free to add 'the making of...' comments which you think might help others join in or improve their own animations! It would be great if more people did this. Tell us about the problems you had or if something happened by accident.

7. Do not break any TDF rules regarding photos and also comply to The Doll Album AUP.

8. Include the name of your doll or dolls and remember to put a title/caption for your animation in your post (not just what you've saved the GIF as)!

9. Please try not to harm any dolls, humans or animals (real or stuffed!) etc. during the making of your GIF.

And remember: All kinds of dolls and sizes of dolls are allowed to take part in this category!

This month's challenge will run until approx… 11am EDT Sunday May 28th 2017, with the next three days open for voting.
The top three winners (including any ties) will be announced on Wednesday May 31st 2017. When there are ties, there are more winners!

I'm going to keep this short and point you to some awesome instructions for making a gif laid out in past contests.
RJ's help and info:
HF's help and info:
That's what I use too! It's really quite easy, all you need is 2 frames! Try photoscape and ask for help if you need it.

:multi: :multi: So everyone gets the chance... to dance! :multi: :multi:

As my cohost, Alissa realizes her dancing is not the best. Hopefully she can learn some new moves this month and get a better routine.
I'll get you started with this gif of Alissa trying to dance:

Oh wow come on Alissa you can do better than that! :D Don't make it so obvious that you are counting the beat. (I like your dancing anyway!)

So there you have it. As the host of this challenge I'm not sure I'm going to enter this month. However, we will be around to maybe try out some moves for encouragement. :) This gif is just to give you a starting point. I hope we will see some old friends and some new dolls cut a rug! Surely you can do better than Alissa's first try!

Please remember to have fun and ask for help if you need it!

:multi: :plaidskirt: Good Luck and get moving! :plaidskirt: :multi:

AIM Send private message  

Post subject: Re: May 2017 Cat C - Animated GIF Challenge "Dance Moves"
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:13 pm 
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Congrats again and I am sure you will get a lot of great entries.
Dance on dollfaces! :wink:

D'arcy WM head #36.. sharing Lexi's body..
London 118WM BCD

BCD MAKES DOLL DREAMS COME TRUE TOO... just ask London!

Anywhere you go, there you are!!!
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:24 pm 
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll

Nice intro IQF :thumbs_up: This should be hilarious :lol:
Ryleigh is honored :D

____ Ryleigh _______ Sienna _____ & ____ Sierra _________ Airrie __________ Asami
************* Swan's Place ****************** Doll Album ******************* Doll Matrix ***************

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:34 am 
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Ashaki has already shown me some moves today but I don't think they're quite what you're looking for! :whistle:

We're looking forward to trying this one out, although standing and moving at the same time is going to be difficult! I think there's going to be a lot of ideas that might need some trial and error shoots! That's going to be fun!

Good luck everyone!

Cheers, Hollows.

DS100 minis Yi nu de and Yong

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:59 am 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Nice theme IQ,

I don't know if I'm able to join. I'll try too. I've been busy lately (you know how hard I work everyday to expand my doll collection. They don't lie when I say I have the money to get a new one xD)

I kinda missed out about it being open themed so I'll see if something in my idea book pops out.

Anyways, good luck with everyone who will join. I believe most of you got more free time than I do. I work two jobs and extra sidelines with animations and still able to make up with something. So take advantage of your freetime and show it off. Good luck.

And yes, I'll try to join but if I didn't, don't be mad hehe busy busy busy

Cheese!

RJ

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:17 pm 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

hollows+fentiman wrote:
Ashaki has already shown me some moves today but I don't think they're quite what you're looking for! :whistle:

We're looking forward to trying this one out, although standing and moving at the same time is going to be difficult! I think there's going to be a lot of ideas that might need some trial and error shoots! That's going to be fun!

Good luck everyone!

Cheers, Hollows.

That's great because you know Ashaki has some moves she doesn't even need to get out of bed to do! 8) There are lots times where the dancer is in a bed. :evidence:
You can even be lying down...

Alissa says,
"***This is just a reminder that you don't have to stand up to do a little dance!!!"

As we saw last month, you can even be seated on top of the washing machine when the mood hits.
In fact, Alissa has dragged her new washing machine out on the dance floor to try it out!
You can dance in time to your clothes. 8)
It was nice of the club to accommodate this new washing machine/dancin' craze. :) Please dance responsibly and don't fall off. :wink:

@Swan IG and RJ, I hope so, I am anxious to see what you guys come up with. :D

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:48 pm 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

I don't know if there's ever been a male doll in a photo challenge, but I figured I get things started in this months animated gif category with my 12 inch Ken series Elvis Presley doll, LiL' EL. I call this one:

LIL' EL's "Big Guitar Show"

Attachment:
LIL_EL.gif
LIL_EL.gif [ 17.09 MiB | Viewed 1177 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:53 pm 
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Location: At London's, D'arcy's and Lexi's place in....Da Burgh
:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: That's fantastic Mr Franz Well done!!

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:21 pm 
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Mr. Franz you did it again! Love it... Rock on LIL' EL and I love the idea of a male doll entry!

D'arcy WM head #36.. sharing Lexi's body..
London 118WM BCD

BCD MAKES DOLL DREAMS COME TRUE TOO... just ask London!

Anywhere you go, there you are!!!
 AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:16 am 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Yes, there have been male dolls before!
This is fantastic! He's got the moves for sure. Hiyah! And he must have played that guitar like a stand up bass. Love the gracious bow at the end.

Great way to start the show. & leave 'em wanting more...

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:25 am 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Attachment:
ThankYou.gif
ThankYou.gif [ 775.6 KiB | Viewed 1127 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:12 am 
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

I haven't had the time or occasion yet but hopefully soon! Let's hope for many more entries before the end!

Cheers, Hollows.

DS100 minis Yi nu de and Yong

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:50 pm 

Brilliant Mr Franz! & hilarious! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

____ Ryleigh _______ Sienna _____ & ____ Sierra _________ Airrie __________ Asami
************* Swan's Place ****************** Doll Album ******************* Doll Matrix ***************

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:18 pm 

Very cool Mr Franz! You're always up for something new :)

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:19 am 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Thanks again guys. You know, "LiL' El's Big Guitar Show" was made using no special software or equipment. I started with a Sony video cam set to take stills in full auto mode without flash. Basically, I used an expensive camera like a point and shoot. I placed a single spot light above and to the right of frame for illumination and snapped each shot with the camera's remote control. Normally I would have used a 2nd light on the left side, but that's where I positioned myself to manipulate the action and didn't want my shadow in frame as I ducked in and out.

I zoomed in, in several steps as I clicked off shots, then used a couple small boxes for scaffolding out of frame to make it appear as if LiL' EL was climbing up the back of the guitar. From there it was just a mater of manipulating LiL' EL' an inch or so at a time as I took photos. No small task posing the little bugger as he kept sliding off the shiny surface of the guitar! I had planned to hook his hands in the guitar strings for balance, but his wrists don't bend. So, I ended up putting double sided tape on the bottom of one of his shoes to hold him in place. That worked out just fine.

Next, it was just a matter of uploading my shots, all 64 of them, to my computer for assembly. There were 86 frames in all used to make the animated gif, as some shots were used more than once. The whole process took about half a day and was done using only a basic windows paint program and generic office software.

Just wanted to share my technique and illustrate what can be done with simple tools. Hopefully it will help or inspire some of you to make your own gifs. If I can be of further assistance to anyone, just shoot me a PM. Glad to help.

AIM Send private message  

Page 1 of 6 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next