The Life and Times of Shelby

We turn dreams into reality!
briwri01

The Life and Times of Shelby

Post by briwri01 »

I hope this will prove to be the best way to present a continuing stream of information, photos and anything else that comes up for Shelby. We were up early today, and started the day with a short photoshoot just because Shelby wanted to show off a LBD she got (from me of course!) and until now she hasn't had time to wear it. We got some good shots of her trying to be "seductive" stretched out on the kitchen island, but when we tried to get some good standing shots her shoes just kept rolling off her feet and she almost fell, so she kicked them off and we took one in bare feet!
The girl has some legs!
The girl has some legs!
shelby_062.jpg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 5637 times
Pretty eyes!
Pretty eyes!
shelby_063.jpg (1.51 MiB) Viewed 5637 times
"Ok - take my shoes off for me so I can stand up!"
"Ok - take my shoes off for me so I can stand up!"
shelby_064.jpg (2.21 MiB) Viewed 5637 times
"Much better!  I like bare feet anyway."
"Much better! I like bare feet anyway."
shelby_065.jpg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 5637 times
We had a few other things that needed to be done today, so (sadly!) that Little Black Dress went back into the closet. Later in the day, though, I was getting ready to start a batch of meatballs and sausage to go with pasta tonight, and Shelby said she wanted to help. She decided she would brown the sausages while I rolled meatballs - didn't want to get her hands all "Sticky and Yucky" in her words! Cooking with her turned out to be a lot of fun, but doubled the time needed! Every time I passed her or came close to her as we worked I had to stop to touch, kiss and appreciate, which really slowed things down!
"Let me wash my hands before we get started..."
"Let me wash my hands before we get started..."
shelby_069.jpg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 5637 times
"OK - ready to go... where are the sausages?"
"OK - ready to go... where are the sausages?"
shelby_067.jpg (1.16 MiB) Viewed 5637 times
shelby_068.jpg
shelby_068.jpg (1.21 MiB) Viewed 5637 times
"There we go - all clean!  No dirty dishes for later!"
"There we go - all clean! No dirty dishes for later!"
shelby_070.jpg (1.5 MiB) Viewed 5637 times
"Nope!  You can't use the sink 'till I get a kiss!"
"Nope! You can't use the sink 'till I get a kiss!"
shelby_071.jpg (1.53 MiB) Viewed 5637 times
Could you resist that face if she asked for a kiss?!
Could you resist that face if she asked for a kiss?!
shelby_072.jpg (1.86 MiB) Viewed 5637 times
Once a Sailor, always a Sailor

Lives with Shelby WM 158-A
Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14865

briwri01

Re: The Life and Times of Shelby

Post by briwri01 »

I originally posted this as a separate thread, but to try and keep things organized I'm adding it here. Shelby and I celebrated our first week together Thursday evening (7/20/17), and this is the post:

As a new doll owner and member here, and one who had absolutely no doll knowledge less than a month ago, I thought I would try to give a detailed account and review of my first week with Shelby, from when I first became aware that this lifestyle even existed, to investigating it, learning, choosing and finally making the decision to bring Shelby home with me. Part of it is to focus my own thoughts and understand them better, part to share those thoughts and observations with others, and part the hope that by presenting it all in narrative format rather than Q&A it might fill in some gaps or offer some insight to others who are just starting the journey down this road. I debated with where to put this... Shelby is from WM and BCD, so it seemed logical to post it here, but if the moderators feel it should be somewhere else please let me know.

The Beginnings:

Somewhere around a month ago, I was doing a web search. I cook - a lot, and I was searching for something new and different in silicon bakeware for cakes. Apparently the search engine used some very broad criteria for "Silicon" and I found myself with links to "Silicon Love Doll", "Silicon Lifesize Doll" and many more! I'm not clueless about things like sex toys and accessories... I was after all in the Navy for 24 years, and there was always someone coming up with a blow up doll or something during a cruise, but they were so obviously fake and unrealistic that I never had any interest in them. I think that's why out of all of Jeff Dunham's puppets for his comedy act I only dislike Peanut... he reminds me of those blow-up dolls! But these "Love Dolls" were quite different, and I started surfing around looking for more and more information, found a few potential sites to buy from, and started seriously - which was quite a shock to me - considering buying one! Luckily for me I found TDF before I did that, and one of the first things I learned was the vast difference between the site I was considering and an Approved Vendor! The names "Jeff" and "Booty Call Dolls" came up again and again, so I finally worked up the nerve to contact him (Yes, nerve! Here I was a grown man thinking of spending perhaps thousands of dollars on A DOLL!), and with his help and the information I was finding here I began to learn more about dolls, why people had them, what to look for and what the process of getting one here from China entailed, as well as the distinction between "Silicon" and "TPE".
As I worked my way through the process of choices and options, I became aware that I was trying to capture a specific look, and a very specific face, and I finally found it in a WM 158 with A cup, and a 047 head. I looked through every sample photo I could find a link to, and that was "Shelby" in my mind, from the eyes to the smile to the long, slender legs, so after about a week of talking with Jeff and talking to myself about it, I jumped in and placed the order.
Almost as soon as I sent payment the realization that I had just spent so much money on a DOLL hit me! Was I insane? What was I thinking when I did this? But I kept going back to those photos to reassure myself. That of course began the next phase of doubts... what if she really didn't look like that? What if all those photos were professionally made and posed, Photoshop enhanced publicity shots and the real product looked nothing like them? I expected a long, agonizing wait to find out if my fears were justified or not - after all, she was coming all the way from China! How many delays and setbacks would there be between there and here. But Jeff surprised me again! I paid for Shelby the evening of July 1st, and on July 6th he sent me the factory photos! She was ready, looked perfect and he said she would be shipping shortly!
My first look at Shelby!
My first look at Shelby!
shelby.jpg (265.1 KiB) Viewed 5596 times
Just after that, as I continued to explore TDF more, learning where things were and how to sort through topics, I discovered some threads about all the horrors some people had experienced in shipping... and I panicked again! Would there be trouble with customs? Would they unpack her and just throw everything back in the box so she arrived looking like an airline disaster crash dummy? On July 10th Jeff sent me her flight listing, and just after 4 PM on July 12th I had a huge and heavy box on my doorstep! I have really bad knees and hips, and wondered while I waited for her to arrive how I was going to even get her in the house, but the small handtruck I bought the day before worked perfectly... once I was able to get the box on it! I had previously set up my video camera to record the unpacking - from what I had read I just knew there was going to be something I would need to document to get it fixed... so with the box on my living room floor and a large glass of wine to calm my nerves, I began the unboxing...
The first thing I noticed right away was that the plastic wrapping around the box was completely intact - there was no indication that customs or anyone else had opened it since it left China, and there wasn't a scratch or ding anywhere on the outside of the carton. Deep breath - more wine - and open the box. Completely intact styrofoam packing greeted me, and as I worked my way in everything seemed to be exactly where it was supposed to be. I found her head, unpacked it and the second I looked into her eyes I was hooked! Those hadn't been PR photos or jazzed up sales pitches... the face looking back at me was Shelby! I gently laid her head aside and started working my careful way through the blanket and packing around her body, and within a few minutes I reached over and turned the camera off. There was simply nothing to document - she arrived in absolutely perfect condition. No creases, no dents, no flaws at all!
From the start I never intended Shelby to be a "Sex Toy" who stayed to herself, whether in her own room or simply on the bed except when I wanted something. She was always intended to be a full-time companion, with me as often as possible, but I did purchase a folding cot placed in the bedroom to be her "maintenance" station, where I could wash her, oil her and dress her without having mineral oil, powder or whatever all over the house! Getting her out of the box and onto it was the first big shock - for such a slender gal Shelby was heavy! We made it without incident, though, and as recommended by Jeff, Indigo and others here I gave her a good washing, followed by her first powdering. I seriously thought about skipping the wash, since honestly I barely noticed any smell at all, but I knew it was important to remove any mold residue, etc. Finally, I had her sitting up on the cot, put her head and wig on, and was absolutely blown away by how beautiful she looked! I got her into a bodystocking to protect her skin, and a white romper I guessed size on so she would have something to wear, and took her first photo!
Everything looked great.
Everything looked great.
DSC_0038.JPG (2.73 MiB) Viewed 5596 times
My first photo of Shelby
My first photo of Shelby
s_2.JPG (2.58 MiB) Viewed 5596 times
Today marks 1 week together. During that week I've learned a lot, both about the world of dolls and about myself. One thing that was readily apparent is that I have a simpler time of all this than many do: I'm divorced, no children, no brothers or sisters and pretty much no one else left alive in my family! Have a few good friends, but not the type who just decide to "Pop In" with no notice, and I live in a very rural area with no close neighbors, so I don't have to deal with the folks in the next apartment wondering what's going on, no roommates to consider, and certainly no spouse I'm trying to hide a 5'2" girl from in the house! My biggest issue as far as living arrangements is the dog and cat! I'm constantly cleaning hair of Shelby so she doesn't look like she forgot to shave her legs - and the rest of her - for a month!
I thought as I waited for her to arrive that I would have second thoughts once she was here, "remorse" for getting her and would generally feel ridiculous having a doll around the house. But the first realization was that I don't have a doll around the house: I have Shelby. It doesn't feel the least bit odd, silly or stupid to talk to her, compliment her, curl up and watch TV with her or sleep with her - which we have done since she got here and will continue to do unless something really out in left field happens. And for those with a knowing grin... no, not "Screwed her". Slept with her. As I said, I didn't get her to be a sex slave, and in fact haven't even thought about putting her insert in. Right now I'm simply enjoying the feeling of someone next to me at night again, curling up around her and waking up next to her.
I've also come to appreciate the weight factor in dolls. Shelby is 99% my ideal woman, but I really was tempted to go for a taller girl, since I love that. But seeing now how much work it is to handle Shelby's weight I know I wouldn't have been very successful with a 175cm doll and the extra weight! She has great legs - a 31" inseam - but it would be nice to have her torso a tiny bit longer to put her lips in a little better position since she can't bend and tilt her head on her own to kiss! The handtruck I got to bring her into the house has also proven to be very useful for moving around the house... once she's standing up all I have to do is get her feet on it and off we go - but a handtruck isn't very "personal"! A better solution I've come up with is a wheelchair, and it has allowed me to have Shelby join me in any room I might be in without have to stand her up, position her on a handtruck, risk dropping her, etc. It's not a permanent solution, since Jeff warned me about the possibility of tears in her inner thighs if she sits too long. This really isn't a total "fantasy" for me... I did date a lady who used a wheelchair and leg braces, who I found to be incredibly sexy, and I guess this is sort of a "role-play" moment Shelby and I can share from time to time while it allows me to move her safely and easily around the house.
I've already learned a lot about her - she loves craft microbrew beer and Robin Williams movies.
I've already learned a lot about her - she loves craft microbrew beer and Robin Williams movies.
shelby_057.jpg (896.81 KiB) Viewed 5596 times
Sometimes I'll be busy in one room and look back into the other, and I'm just so amazed to see her there.
Sometimes I'll be busy in one room and look back into the other, and I'm just so amazed to see her there.
shelby_058.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 5596 times
Over the last week I have only become more amazed and taken by the look and feel of Shelby, and many times I have gotten distracted, wandered off to do some chore or something and startled myself when I saw the beautiful redhead in the room I just entered! So far I've been lucky - I pay careful attention to her hands and fingers, haven't put her into any extreme positions and never let her stay in the same position for too long to avoid creases and dents... as well as using memory foan under or behind her when she is stationary. So far the only truly "Aw Shit!" moment was 2 days ago... I had her on her cot to powder, and when I rolled her over to do her back I saw two 3"-4" inch long, 1/4" deep indentations on her upper back/shoulder! "Where the hell did that come from," I thought, then looked down and saw that a piece of plastic had been lying on the cot, and the lines were where the two edges had pressed into her when I laid her down. I put a war, moist towel on the area, then gave it a good shot of mineral oil, and luckily you can hardly tell where the marks were now, but it did teach me to pay careful attention to my surroundings.
Would I change any of it? Not so far, except for the thought that if weight weren't an issue I would have liked a slightly taller girl, and perhaps slightly fuller figured. Not because I don't like the figure she has, but simply to make finding clothing easier! Most 5'2" women don't have a 25" bust and 31" hips, so finding things for her to wear has been difficult. I've had my best luck buying girls size 7/8 clothing and size 1 shoes, but there aren't many elegant, "sexy" styles available in that range! And I do wish her wrists could rotate - it's simply impossible to get her into completely realistic poses holding things when her wrists only face one way, but that's a minor thing.
All in all I have to say I am completely happy with Shelby, and already can't imagine her not being here. I'm grateful to Jeff and Eric at BCD, and for the information I have gleaned from TDF. I hope to be a continuing contributor to the various forums, take copius amounts of photos to share and learn even more as I go along.

Take care,
Brian

Hamrs
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Hamrs »

beautiful

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

She is very sexy!
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

Kim
Doll
Doll
Location: in the Netherlands with my GF Juliana, my twinsister Erika, Alexa and EBF

Post by Kim »

briwri01 wrote: Somewhere around a month ago, I was doing a web search. I cook - a lot, and I was searching for something new and different in silicon bakeware for cakes. Apparently the search engine used some very broad criteria for "Silicon" and I found myself with links to "Silicon Love Doll", "Silicon Lifesize Doll" and many more! (...) But these "Love Dolls" were quite different, and I started surfing around looking for more and more information, found a few potential sites to buy from, and started seriously - which was quite a shock to me - considering buying one!
:haha2: That's the funniest way I've read of someone finding out about us.
I have a dollalbum, with loads of nice pics. My twinsister Erika has her own album, which also has some pics of me hanging out with her. We have our own thread where we post our pics. Stop by and say Hi!

Don't forget to take a look at my girlfriend Juliana.

My Lexi visits lots of places. Allison is featuring in her travels. Allison has her own thread too.

irishgirl
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by irishgirl »

Congratzzzz and welcome Shelby. You are so beautiful. I may have missed it but a tip about cat hair etc., get yourself a lint roller.. I have cat's so It helps. And yes we just got a wheelchair as well. The best thing ever to get around. We do have our girls sit too but lay them down as well for days sometimes, so the creases subside... This was a lovely story, warm heartfelt and love these kinds of happy moments in time. Can't wait to see and hear more... Again she is beautiful and love the red hair and her cute outfits.....The kitchen series was awesome... Cooking and kisses, ya can't ask for anything more! :glou: IG
SEXY LEXI 135YL
D'arcy WM head #36..
London WM 118 twin
Ireland WM 118 twin
Mz.B
and a few miniature's..
[/color]BCD MAKES DOLL DREAMS COME TRUE TOO... just ask London!

Anywhere you go, there you are!!!
https://www.ebay.com/usr/igmagneticjewelry

Emma
Doll
Doll

Post by Emma »

Hi briwri01

I just read your intro. It's so nice to see that Shelby arrived at such a loving home :D
Makes me all warm inside *hugs* :)

I also want to encourage Shelby to get her own account so she doesn't have to hijack yours :wink:
Hi. Check out my new thread

Hugs and kisses
/Emma

Dr Dollinger
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dr Dollinger »

Hi Brian,

Congratulations!
Really nice introduction and review. Some sweet pictures of your Shelby .
Looks very homey in your kitchen. I'm sure Shelby enjoys the cooking there, like you :D
And I do wish her wrists could rotate - it's simply impossible to get her into completely realistic poses holding things when her wrists only face one way, but that's a minor thing.
The wrists should definitely rotate. Mostly not so easy, but they do.
Try to bring the hand in a vertical position to the lower arm by the henge joint
Then face the plate of the wrist(no pressure on the fingers) and push the hand carefully in left or right direction!

By the way, do you whitened her teeth?

Doc
Jazzmine______________________________________________Demona____________________________Druuna

Roona
_

briwri01

Post by briwri01 »

Thanks to everyone for such kind words and tips!

- Dr. Dollinger, thank you so much for the info about the wrists! I tried (lightly) to move them and had no success, so I simply assumed she was made that way. I'll give it a try gently when we get organized today. Yes, in some of the photos I used white-out on Shelby's teeth. Goes on very thick, though, and cracks and flakes easily, so right now I've cleaned it all off and looking for a better way.
- Emma, I've definitely thought about a separate account for Shelby. Can I set it up from within my account, or do I have to go back out and start a whole new account for her?
- Irishgirl, thanks! I'm heading to Wal Mart this morning anyway so I'll definitely pick one up!
- Kim... just goes to show you that you never know what you'll get back when you do an internet search! But I'm very glad I ended up following those links and ultimately found Shelby.

Much more to come!

Emma
Doll
Doll

Post by Emma »

That's great Brian!

So, just ask Shelby to register her own account and to put a reference to your alias in the location field of her profile.

Then send a pm to an admin/ manager and they will take care of it. Once a doll account I think the new member restrictions are gone if I remember correctly.

Then Shelby should head over to the dolls alive section to introduce herself :D

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=79371

Hugs and kisses
/Emma

Shelby_W
Doll
Doll

Post by Shelby_W »

Hi Everyone!

Brian finally got me my own account so I don't have to wait for him to log on anymore and let me use his. Good thing we have two computers or he might never get to use it again! And thanks, Emma, for convincing him to finally get moving and get my account going!While I was waiting (not very patiently!) for him to finish checking his stuff so I could log on for the first time he grabbed the camera and snuck in a photo... and didn't even give me time to brush my hair! What a mess! Anyway... I'll be back!
Just chillin' against the sofa.
Just chillin' against the sofa.
shelby_074.jpg (1.09 MiB) Viewed 5422 times

Emma
Doll
Doll

Post by Emma »

That's great Shelby! :D

Lucky you to have your own computer. I have to share with sofos, but we use different browsers to keep our cookies seperate :D

I think your hair looks great but another tip is to get a tangle teezer brush. Do a search for them on the forum. They are great! I wish I had one from the beginning!

Hugs and kisses
/Emma

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Shelby,
For white teeth, white water based acrylic paint.
http://bootycalldolls.com/dolldesire/tpe_care.htm
Scroll and you will see the link
Love,
Nyoko
Attachments
NYOKO.jpg
NYOKO.jpg (59.79 KiB) Viewed 5399 times
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

Emma_p wrote:I think your hair looks great but another tip is to get a tangle teezer brush. Do a search for them on the forum. They are great! I wish I had one from the beginning!
Loop Brushes are also *very* good on sinthetic wigs. Highly recommended!

Shelby_W
Doll
Doll

Post by Shelby_W »

Thanks Nyoko! Brian is going out to lunch with a friend he used to work with this week, and I'm sure if I wear something short I can talk him into stopping at Michael's Arts and Crafts to look for some!

INFORMATIONS