It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:20 am

By visiting this website and viewing the pages within, you accept and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules Of Conduct and Terms Of Use of this website.

Official TDF Rules & TOS

Please click on either selection to view: Rules Of Conduct | Terms Of Use

Page 1 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  
Search for:
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: August Cat C Animated GIF Challenge "Mad Skills"
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:23 pm 

Welcome to the August 2017 Animated Gif Challenge "Mad Skills!"

Well I never thought I would be hosting something like this and I must say it's an honor! Thank you Sofos!
I consulted Raena for some ideas for this month's GIF challenge and she suggested one that I think will be
a lot of fun and will get those "creative juices" flowing!

This month's theme is "Mad Skills"

Everyone has a certain "thing" that they can do that makes other people say, "How on Earth did you learn to do that?"
Perhaps its mixing a a drink like Tom Cruise in the movie Cocktail, riding a bicycle sitting backwards, sucking a piece of
spaghetti up your nose, or perhaps it's the ability to recite the entire alphabet while belching!

It can be as seriously plausible or outrageously absurd as you wish.
The only qualification is there must be at least one other animated object besides your doll/dolls in the GIF.

Qualified Example: Animated doll riding a bike and the wheels of the bike are turning.
Disqualified Example: Two animated dolls dancing and no other animated object in the GIF with them.
Qualified Example: Two animated dolls dancing under an animated spinning disco ball.

Okay, so hopefully this explains the basic requirement for the GIF. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

This month's Category C rules are:

1. A new or recent animated video defined as a sequence of at least 2 frames played as a continuous loop in .GIF format viewable on TDF. No external links.
2. Shot by yourself, not taken before July 31st 2017, and not posted before as a video.
3. An entry into this category may contain any mixture of dolls.
4. Doll nudity is NOT permitted, defined as no exposed genitalia, poop chutes or *nipples!

*Male dolls may have exposed nipples. Why? Because the world is full of male-chauvinistic double standards and this GIF challenge is no exception! 8)
5. Photoshop, gimp or other image editing is OK. Special Effects and CGI are also acceptable.
6. Do not break any TDF rules regarding photos, and also comply to The Doll Album AUP.
7. Include the name of your doll(s), and a title/caption for your animation. If no caption and name(s) are provided before the closing of the thread the submission will be disqualified.

And remember: Any and all types of dolls are allowed to take part in this challenge!

The entry submission deadline for this month's challenge will officially end at 12:00PM (noon, mid-day, lunchtime) Central Standard Time on Monday, August 28th 2017, with the next three days dedicated for voting. Voting will officially end at 12:00PM CST on Thursday, August 31st 2017.

A friendly word of advice: Don't wait until the last minute to submit your entry!

The top three winners (unless there are ties) will be announced on Thursday, August 31st 2017.

There are several ways to create a GIF. YouTube has at least a gazillion videos of how to make a simple one. I use an old program called Animation Shop 3, which was included with the old Paint Shop Pro software.

So without further ado... Lights! Camera! Action!

Post subject: Re: Cat C Animated GIF Challenge "Mad Skills"
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:07 pm 
Doll
Doll

Excellent theme Knightshift.
Well this should result in some great animations. Wacky theme? Perfect. :thumbs_up:

My Album
My Thread
My CoverDoll Shoot
 Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: August Cat C Animated GIF Challenge "Mad Skills"
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:33 pm 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Challange accepted :mrgreen:

Althoug, I have no idea what to do at the moment :?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:50 pm 
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Knightshift wrote:
animated dolls dancing [...] The above examples are lame ideas and using them as your entry will not be accepted! :roll:

Lame, you say? I beg to differ! 8)

That's Ally, by the way. She lives Down Under with Dee's Man. That video was made in 2014.
You can read more about her adventures here: viewtopic.php?f=143&t=57514 :D

Knightshift wrote:
4. Doll nudity is NOT permitted

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Yup. Three thumbs up! Because two just wasn't enough!

Cheers, LDV

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:25 am 

Just letting everyone know that I'm going to keep bumping this for visibility's sake. Would like to see plenty of participation!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:34 am 

LaDollyVita wrote:
Knightshift wrote:
animated dolls dancing [...] The above examples are lame ideas and using them as your entry will not be accepted! :roll:

Lame, you say? I beg to differ! 8)
Cheers, LDV

Fair enough LDV... I'll retract the "lame ideas" disclaimer and let the voters decide, but the other rules regarding GIF creation and posting dates still apply. Nice GIF by the way!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:22 pm 
Doll Forum Site Manager
Doll Forum Site Manager

Several posts have been removed, see Rule 3/3a/6.

If you have something to say about the rules, best is to PM the OP. If you prefer to say something about the rules in public, be sure to keep it nice. No need to be demeaning or derogatory.

It's the winner of last month who sets the rules for this month. If you want to change the rules, be the winner!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:27 pm 
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

It seems this thread is locked at the moment and you have to unlock it before commenting - never seen that before!

Anyway, great theme Knightshift! I'll ask my ladies what they fancy doing!

Cheers, Hollows.

Edit - Oooops, I see! Some posts removed!

DS100 minis Yi nu de and Yong
And 14, no, 16 ‘Stay still you lot’ little ones...I think it’s 16....Oh, and I have a China Girl!
 AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:31 pm 
Doll Forum Site Manager
Doll Forum Site Manager

hollows+fentiman wrote:
It seems this thread is locked at the moment and you have to unlock it before commenting - never seen that before!

It was locked for a short moment, to prevent more discussion while moderating.

Please doll on, we'd like to see your entries 8)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:51 pm 
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Just thought I'd mention - For those that don't have software for making a gif, I found this site a while back...
https://ezgif.com/maker

It's free and it worked really well and they have lots of modifiers for special effects. :)

My Doll Album (older stuff)...
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=13574
Mannequin Modification Threads...(click links)
Fiona (Showgirls crouching) EVA4 (Ziel/Loutoff kneeling) LGM2 (Ziel/Loutoff kneeling) Audio Interactive EVA4
3d Printing Related Threads...(click links)
Abby Project (Half Size 3d printed BJD) 3d Printed Doll Eyes Head Stand for WM Dolls

"Everything you can imagine is real." - Pablo Picasso

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:04 am 
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Location: At London's, D'arcy's and Lexi's place in....Da Burgh
MannequinFan wrote:
Just thought I'd mention - For those that don't have software for making a gif, I found this site a while back...
https://ezgif.com/maker

It's free and it worked really well and they have lots of modifiers for special effects. :)

Thanks MannequinFan, I've been using my wife's program in her comp. I'll try this one for my new GIF.. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:58 pm 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Knightshift wrote:
The only qualification is there must be at least one other animated object besides your doll/dolls in the GIF.

Qualified Example: Animated doll riding a bike and the wheels of the bike are turning.
Disqualified Example: Two animated dolls dancing and no other animated object in the GIF with them.
Qualified Example: Two animated dolls dancing under an animated spinning disco ball.

Would you mind clarifying? If doll moves another object that doesn't indicate movement of its own, is it or is it not allowed?

Let's take cooking for example (not the skill I'm considering). If doll moves a pot and spatula around in the GIF, does that count? Neither object shows movement on its own like a spinning wheel or disco ball that you described. If you're expecting something else that is actually moving like a fan's blades, cooking timer pointer, etc., you should probably clarify what constitutes an other animated object.

I got you beat. I use Animation Shop 1.00 (shipped with PSP 5.) Nothing wrong with it except for inability to handle animated PNGs (which aren't common anyway)
Attachment:
animationshop1.jpg
animationshop1.jpg [ 106.93 KiB | Viewed 874 times ]

AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:22 pm 
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

i might do dis one if i get the time :) I like the criteria, make everything move, make it a challenge

Nicole - WM140 #56 (May '16)
Vanessa - WM141 #20 (Feb '17)
Yessenia - YL135 Yuki (Apr '17)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:40 pm 

JunkGuy wrote:

Would you mind clarifying? If doll moves another object that doesn't indicate movement of its own, is it or is it not allowed?

Let's take cooking for example (not the skill I'm considering). If doll moves a pot and spatula around in the GIF, does that count? Neither object shows movement on its own like a spinning wheel or disco ball that you described. If you're expecting something else that is actually moving like a fan's blades, cooking timer pointer, etc., you should probably clarify what constitutes an other animated object

Any other animated object means just that. It does not have to be something that would move independently, it can be moved by someone or something else. A clock, a fan or an object moved by the doll/dolls are all qualified examples. A doll shooting pool: doll animates cue stick which in turn animates cue ball which in turn animates a ball moving into the pocket. That's 3 animated objects besides the doll, one of which is moved by the doll, the other 2 move independently via the force applied to it by the preceding object. Hope this makes it clear.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:04 pm 

Just a bump to keep this visible and promote participation...

Page 1 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next