Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Tin Silicone Classic RealDoll

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Hwyman072

Tin Silicone Classic RealDoll

Post by Hwyman072 »

Hi, Group...
My Question is,
Has anyone acually Seen a Tin Cured Classic Real Doll "Fall Apart" due to Nothing But Age?
i keep hearing that tin silicone dolls "Dissinergrate". but i've yet to meet anyone who has a pic of one
or and owner of one.
My Classic Body #2 Is over 10 years old And STILL in great shape...
Anyone want to put their tow cents in about this?
Attachments
file.jpg
file.jpg (1.16 MiB) Viewed 4770 times

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Re: Tin Silicone Classic RealDoll

Post by deerman »

My Erica is tin cured has held up well but you can notice the changes every few months i have to make improvements and repairs! :D To keep her fresh and new! :D much easier than a tpe doll :whistle:

Mark Spencer

Post by Mark Spencer »

I don't have a tin cured doll, but work with it daily. It will degrade over time, even
if it isn't touched, stored away in the dark etc. That's just the nature of the product,
it takes longer for plat cure but it will eventually happen there, too.
It will start to stretch a bit less, tear more easily and eventually lose its elasticity
so that you'll find it breaks apart if you pull on it. UV exposure will accelerate this.
"I used to be an airline pilot. I got fired because
I kept locking the keys in the plane. They caught
me on an 80 foot stepladder with a coat hanger."
Steven Wright

Hwyman072

Post by Hwyman072 »

Mark Spencer wrote:I don't have a tin cured doll, but work with it daily. It will degrade over time, even
if it isn't touched, stored away in the dark etc. That's just the nature of the product,
it takes longer for plat cure but it will eventually happen there, too.
It will start to stretch a bit less, tear more easily and eventually lose its elasticity
so that you'll find it breaks apart if you pull on it. UV exposure will accelerate this.

okay Mark, but have you seen one that did that?
i have not, nor do i know anyone who has.

Brick

Post by Brick »

I have, it was a 2004 Rd. I trying to find the photos of it, they were sent to me by a friend. I believe Dodgeman has the photos of it. Try asking him...
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

Yes, Tin cure cures itself to destruction and I have a few photos of dolls that have done just that. After about 8 to 10 years old they steadily degrade to where repairs are futile. It is a shame that the Tin cure is that fragile and you do see some here in the for sale forum that are degrading badly. The telltale signs where it usually starts are the fingers, feet, armpits, under the breasts, inside elbows, leg inseams at the chotch area, behind the knees and then the larger parts of the body.

Here is a link to a 2004 body 7 in the for sale forum that is now nothing but a patchwork of silpoxy repairs as she is just falling apart. Look at all the photos and see all of the tears that she as everywhere. http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=128&t=87631

Another Tin cure doll in the for sale forum that is about 10 years old and is a body 2. Take note to the little tears on her fingers as they are not just finger pokes, her one big toe and crotch area. The armpits have little curved tears which are classic for Tin cure tears starting to happen from degradation of the silicone. This doll is actually in decent shape for a Tin doll but, she will get worse as time goes on. http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=128&t=82388

In the for sale Sold section, there are more but, you have to look for them as I have seen a few in there.

And now here are a few graphic photos of a Tin cure body 5 from 2004 that Zebo spoke of that has just fallen apart from the weight of the silicone itself and it is sad! :( The silicone gets so soft that it looses it's integrity and almost liquefies!
DSC_0013.jpeg
DSC_0013.jpeg (45.49 KiB) Viewed 4733 times
DSC_0018.jpeg
DSC_0018.jpeg (50.53 KiB) Viewed 4733 times
Her boobs are a pile of degraded Tin cure silicone.
DSC_0014.jpeg
DSC_0014.jpeg (88.46 KiB) Viewed 4733 times
DSC_0011.jpeg
DSC_0011.jpeg (73.34 KiB) Viewed 4733 times

Mark Spencer

Post by Mark Spencer »

ouch! What a shame!
"I used to be an airline pilot. I got fired because
I kept locking the keys in the plane. They caught
me on an 80 foot stepladder with a coat hanger."
Steven Wright

Hwyman072

Post by Hwyman072 »

sad, true...do you think the color pigment of the doll has anything to do with it?
my b5 seems to be in great shape.

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

There was a 10 year old Doll in the For Sale section a little while back, if I remember right due to this reason did not want to ship, the Doll would not survive it.

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

Hwyman072 wrote:sad, true...do you think the color pigment of the doll has anything to do with it?
my b5 seems to be in great shape.
The color tone of the dolls has no effect on the degrading of the silicone as it is just a tinting powder added to the silicone for coloring. Your doll is a body 2 with face 14 Rui and most likely she is in better shape to most Tin dolls because you appear to keep her on a stand in a more neutral position to like she was when she was created relieving stress on the silicone. The more stress you put on a Tin cure doll, the quicker they will begin to have issues. Tin cure suffers from compression damage to a much higher degree than Platinum cure does especially when the arms and legs are flexed like the right arm of your doll is in the photo that you posted of her. Leaving arms and knees bent like that will cause compression tears in a short time if left that way and become apparent when you would lower the arm after a while.

I have watched Matt repair dolls made of Tin cure that had tears like what I am describing on the inside elbows and those videos were made many years ago when Abyss was still using Tin cure and so those dolls were not very old that he was repairing. I know of another Tin cure doll that has just turned 10 years old and is still in pretty good shape also and that is because her owner has kept her in a neutral position on a doll stand but, she is getting softer and will ultimately get to the point of how many other Tin cure dolls have gotten. Many Tin dolls that are in decent shape yet would not be able to sustain that condition if used for sexual play as the stress on the silicone will tear it easily. Unfortunately, using them for static models is about all you can do as they age and get brittle so to speak. Never lay a Tin doll flat on her butt on a bed for any length of time as compression of the silicone will flatten her butt real bad and there is no way of repairing that issue as again, Tin cure is very sensitive to compression damage and I have seen a few Tin dolls with very flat butts from sitting or laying down for long periods of time.

I have found a few Tin cure dolls in the repair sections of the forums also and to see some of them and their condition as they get older is a sad thing for sure. Take great care of the doll that you have being that she is still in good shape but, when she starts to get tears real easy, there is no way to stop it and she will only get worse with time.

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

Dollfriend wrote:There was a 10 year old Doll in the For Sale section a little while back, if I remember right due to this reason did not want to ship, the Doll would not survive it.
I remember seeing that doll I believe and there have been a few that way in the past few years in the for sale section. For the reasons that they degrade, I have not adopted any Tin cure dolls.

Meschler
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Meschler »

My Shiela is about 12 years old and is mostly kept hanging in natural position inside her cabinet. She is a body 2 face 14.

Her Breasts start to sag and she gets tears in her crotch area and under her armpits when ever these areas are under stress.

It's a great pity but I think she has reached the end of her life span.

She is Stil a beauty but can't be touched anymore :(
Meschler is owned by the lovely Shiela

Die Hoffnung stirbt zuletzt
-Hope dies last-

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

DSC05948.JPG
DSC05948.JPG (90.89 KiB) Viewed 4448 times
10 years! :DKeep it up and you you really piss me off!!!!

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

Katelyn is a March 2003 tin based doll. I requested the softest silicone available at the time.
Her breasts have sagged and were replaced with the Ruby boobie pillow.
The tin silicone has softened and the tint has darkened from fair to medium. She has had over 1000+ hours of 'play'.
Nearly all repairs have been made with the two-part silicone from the Abyss repair kit, so everything is still soft.

IMG_3775.JPG
IMG_3775.JPG (1.4 MiB) Viewed 4387 times
IMG_3772.JPG
IMG_3772.JPG (1.31 MiB) Viewed 4387 times
IMG_3552-2015-08-08.jpg
IMG_3552-2015-08-08.jpg (173.61 KiB) Viewed 4387 times
<em>I know the good artist</em>

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

[quote="dodgeman"]Yes, Tin cure cures itself to destruction and I have a few photos of dolls that have done just that. After about 8 to 10 years old they steadily degrade to where repairs are futile. It is a shame that the Tin cure is that fragile and you do see some here in the for sale forum that are degrading badly. The telltale signs where it usually starts are the fingers, feet, armpits, under the breasts, inside elbows, leg inseams at the chotch area, behind the knees and then the larger parts of the body.

Here is a link to a 2004 body 7 in the for sale forum that is now nothing but a patchwork of silpoxy repairs as she is just falling apart. Look at all the photos and see all of the tears that she as everywhere. http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=128&t=87631

Another Tin cure doll in the for sale forum that is about 10 years old and is a body 2. Take note to the little tears on her fingers as they are not just finger pokes, her one big toe and crotch area. The armpits have little curved tears which are classic for Tin cure tears starting to happen from degradation of the silicone. This doll is actually in decent shape for a Tin doll but, she will get worse as time goes on. http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=128&t=82388

In the for sale Sold section, there are more but, you have to look for them as I have seen a few in there.

And now here are a few graphic photos of a Tin cure body 5 from 2004 that Zebo spoke of that has just fallen apart from the weight of the silicone itself and it is sad! :( The silicone gets so soft that it looses it's integrity and almost liquefies!

That is has not been my experience. What is so damaging about the old tin based formulation is the tear properties - it continues to tear like rubber latex.
A small tear forms and it grows to a huge tear. The silicone itself is stable for perhaps decades. I have not had any tin based silicone liquefy. I have had 5 tin silicone
dolls from the 1998 to 2008 and all have lasted 10 year or longer. The body 5 doll probably tore in half because the back was broken causing the silicone to tear.
The tin based silicone is high maintenance requiring small tears to be repaired on a regular basis. For me this was about 3 times per year taking about 30 to 45 min.
That being said - buy new - the new silicone is softer, more fleshlike, and many times more tear resistant, holds shape much better and requires less powder and so on.
My two cents
Mark and the Synthetiks
<em>I know the good artist</em>

INFORMATIONS