It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:03 am

By visiting this website and viewing the pages within, you accept and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules Of Conduct and Terms Of Use of this website.

Official TDF Rules & TOS

Please click on either selection to view: Rules Of Conduct | Terms Of Use

Page 1 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  
Search for:
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: September 2017 GIF Challenge Cat C ''MORNING ROUTINE''
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:24 am 
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

irishgirl wrote:
irishgirl wrote:
:morning: Welcome to the September 2017 Animated Gif Challenge :morning:

:morning: This month's theme is "MORNING ROUTINE" :morning:

Two images is all it takes and you have yourself a wonderful animated GIF that you can be proud of!!
Please give it a try ... I know you will be thrilled to see your doll in motion :scatter:

:morning: Everyone has a routine in the morning, RIGHT? :morning: So now we get to see what your doll really does when they wake up... :flasingsmile: You thought it was cut and dry? :roll: Well, if it's anything like Lexi, let's just say her morning is quite interesting. :idea: Maybe your doll makes coffee :morning: when they first get up! Maybe they demand breakfast in bed, like London!!! :razz: or Maybe they have a hard time waking up!!! :sleeping: Maybe they grab their laptop to see the latest polls in the contests on TDF.. 8O or Maybe they put their reading glasses on and look through the IG Jewelry brochure! :evidence: :wink: Maybe they need to :poop2: first thing in the morning!! :lol: WARNING (maybe not a good example) :roll: The possibilities are endless! Whatever your Doll does, we want to see it :!: So without further ado, show us your GIF.... let's see what they do to get their day off and Running!!! :razz: :razz: Show his or her beauty and make them come to life on this beautiful morning :morning:

PLEASE NOTE RULE #4.... :wink:
PLEASE NOTE RULE # 8.... :haha2:

This month's Category C rules are:

1. A new or recent animated video - defined herein as a sequence of at least 2 frames played as a continuous loop, in .GIF format viewable on TDF. No external links.
2. Shot by yourself, not taken before September 1st 2017, and not posted before as a video.
3. An entry into this category may contain any mixture of dolls, even CGI dolls.
4. Doll MORNING NUDITY ''IS'' acceptable.
5. Photoshop or other image editing is OK. Special Effects and CGI are also acceptable.
6. Do not break any TDF rules regarding photos, and also comply to The Doll Album AUP.
7. Include the name of your doll(s), and a title/caption for your animation.
8. Please try not to harm any dolls, humans or fluffy kittens etc. Also, please watch out for the "MORNING CARPET GHOST" during the making of your submission.

And remember: All kinds of dolls are allowed to take part in each category!

This month's challenge will run until approx… 3am EST Wednesday September 27th 2017, with the next three days open for voting.
The top three winners (unless there are ties) will be announced on Saturday September 30th 2017 at approx 3am EST..

:morning: So let us bring their morning routine to life and have fun! :morning:

D'arcy WM head #36.. sharing Lexi's body..
London 118WM BCD

BCD MAKES DOLL DREAMS COME TRUE TOO... just ask London!

Anywhere you go, there you are!!!
 AIM Send private message  

Post subject: Re: September 2017 GIF Challenge Cat C ''MORNING ROUTINE''
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:42 am 
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Here is a few tips for those who may not know how to do a GIF or need a little help. Courtesy of hollows! Thanks hollows! :morning:

I use the free software, PhotoScape, to create my GIFs and, like Bud, I find it very easy to use. Once you click on the "Animated GIF" part of the front page you can see the usual file explorer on the left, click on where you've saved your photos and your string of photos appears in the bottom left corner. You click on the first (actually, it's the last pic as it's shown in reverse date/time order!) and drag it to the top bar. Click on the next and drag it next to the first and repeat! The GIF magically starts happening! So you don't get confused as to which is next, the last photo you've used has a bloom effect on it. Don't worry if you get to the end of the bar, it will keep adding the photos. It will show a + sign on the cursor when you're in place to add at the end of the bar (I did nearly 60 I think for Ashaki's bongo GIF!). If you get one wrong you can just click on the offending photo on the top bar and delete it using the cross top right! Don't worry, it won't delete your actual photo!

You can change the time period with a button on the right. I use about 0.3 sec but adjust and see what happens! Your GIF starts as soon as you've entered a second photo! If you've taken a series of photos on the same camera and settings you don't need to bother with any other settings but have a play later perhaps! If you want to emphasise something in the GIF, like my Ashaki drinking her coffee, add that photo again at least once more but you can add quite a lot if you want (you can always keep adding until it's right or delete if too many!). This is especially important if you want to add a photo with text on it so people have time to read it (see Ashaki's December Christmas GIF)!

One thing I have found that is awkward is that, if you have a photo series in portrait, you have to right click on EACH photo on the bar and "Rotate CCW" or your GIF will come out sideways! I haven't found an easy way to do this yet so try to use landscape photos to make it easier!

Don't forget to save it with a title somewhere you can find it again!

Two images is all it takes to make an animated GIF and it can be just changing the effect of the same photo, like color to black and white for instance! good luck.... IG

London 118WM BCD

AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:46 am 
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Wow! That was quick IG! At least it gives plenty of time for us to think about it! Great theme! Thanks for the nod by the way and a self nod to the 'ghost'! :whistle:

I'm glad you thought about the morning doll nudity as my girls take blooming ages to decide what to wear and sometimes it's afternoon before they get dressed :whistle:

Cheers, Hollows.

DS100 minis Yi nu de and Yong
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:49 pm 
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Location: At London's, D'arcy's and Lexi's place in....Da Burgh
hollows+fentiman wrote:
Wow! That was quick IG! At least it gives plenty of time for us to think about it! Great theme! Thanks for the nod by the way and a self nod to the 'ghost'! :whistle:

I'm glad you thought about the morning doll nudity as my girls take blooming ages to decide what to wear and sometimes it's afternoon before they get dressed :whistle:

Cheers, Hollows.

I AGREE! AND GREAT THEME IG, MAYBE YOU WILL GET SOME ENTRIES FROM THE NEW COMMERS :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: LOTS OF IDEAS YOU CAN COME UP WITH for THIS ONE!

AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:42 pm 
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

tongue-O-matic wrote:
hollows+fentiman wrote:

Cheers, Hollows.

I AGREE! AND GREAT THEME IG, MAYBE YOU WILL GET SOME ENTRIES FROM THE NEW COMMERS :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: LOTS OF IDEAS YOU CAN COME UP WITH for THIS ONE!

THANKS GUYS!

HOLLOWS, yes I did the ''nudity allowed'' for that very reason. The girls have been known to wake up naked a lot.lol
Thanks again for the tips on how to make the GIF's, and can't wait to see what you come up with....IG

tongue,Thanks for everything you do on here and for me personally. We couldn't do any of these without your support.
And yes, hope the newbies join in as well as the regulars ... It can be simple or more in depth, but still anybodies game! loves IG

Everyone, PLEASE ENTER.... DON'T GET DISCOURAGED..... :morning: I DID THIS THEME in hopes to make it WORK FOR NEWBIES as well as THE VETERANS... PLEASE JUST HAVE FUN and enjoy the Morning :morning: IG

London 118WM BCD

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:17 am 
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

REALLY ?? I'm disappointed, but I will do the right thing here and see this challenge through. :morning: IG

London 118WM BCD

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:36 pm 
Doll
Doll

This is a great theme. But I'm afraid my favourite morning routine isn't really approved :oops:

:haha4:

irishgirl wrote:
REALLY ?? I'm disappointed, but I will do the right thing here and see this challenge through. :morning: IG

????

Hugs and kisses
/Emma

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:29 pm 
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Hello Emma, whatever you like to do, it's approved and ok by me. IG
And it's cool.............no worries..... IG

London 118WM BCD

AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:10 pm 
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

The girls are devils in the mornings and won't get up until they've had their coffee! I also get through quite a lot of alarm clocks!

Ashaki and Vivette in "Where Is Our Coffee?"

Attachment:
Where Is Our Coffee.gif
Where Is Our Coffee.gif [ 7.87 MiB | Viewed 924 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:34 pm 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Aww... Ashaki just wanted to see time fly! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:19 pm 
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

THANKS FOR ENTERING... PLEASE GIVE THEM THE COFFEE. :razz: Hope you didn't get hit in the head with that clock! :lol: Great entry and you have started us off well! :whistle: :) IG

London 118WM BCD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:27 am 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Wow. Ashaki has got some temper 8O

Great throw though! :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:15 am 
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Thanks Mr Franz, IG and Sofos!

Yeah, IG, they drink too much coffee and because of that they are now in the Bad Habit Challenge! :whistle:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:07 pm 
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

H&F! That is hilarious! Great "Time flys" comment MF! Really great simple gif!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:20 pm 
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Thanks AH! It took ages to get the clock bit right!

How I did it!
The first bit leaving her hand is using a rod taped to Ashaki's arm. The neat two shots are using an old laboratory stand and clamp. It kept falling over as the only place I had to stand it was on Vivette's legs and when I did get it to stand I could see it in the shot! For three photos it took me nearly an hour!

Generally the first bit of Ashaki bashing the clock is at 0.25sec but when she throws the clock those frames are at 0.10sec. As they start to get up it then varies with some at 0.25 some at 0.45 and some even as slow as 0.5sec. I wanted them to look like the lazy girls they are! Thanks to OlmanOz who pointed me on the way to altering the speed of each frame! If you click on the frame you want to alter in Photoscape in the strip at the top, a box comes up when you click on CHANGE SPEED at the right. You will then need to click THIS FRAME ONLY or you'll change the whole lot! It took me several attempts to get it right as I kept forgetting to click that button in the box and had to start over!

Vivette has pretty loose joints so she doesn't have any intermediate positions of sitting up like Ashaki so there's a pillow rolled up behind her to support her from falling backwards which she did quite often! However, I'm afraid I couldn't get the movement small enough to stop it looking jerky! It took most of the day and when I realised it was jerky I went up to do more shots and I accidentally kicked the tripod! Camera went flying on to the bed and so that was that! I couldn't get the right shot angle and focal length again!

Cheers, Hollows.

Edit:- Perhaps I shouldn't have told you about all that as you'll now be looking at all my mistakes - including spotting the pillow! :whistle:

AIM Send private message  

Page 1 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next