dollstudio.org

Is this a good skeleton for a TPE doll?

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
abracadabra
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Is this a good skeleton for a TPE doll?

Post by abracadabra »

Dollyman25442 wrote:Do I detect spot welds at the nuts and bolts? Locking these would be a HUGE improvement.
While the hand design is an improvement, wires for fingers is passe. If the manufacturers want the new business, the wires gotta go.
Also, jaws need to be hinged as most of the dolls on the market have oral cavities that are all but un-useable.
Likin the idea in a previous post for a chest cavity not filled! Large butt dolls could mebbe be hollowed out too? Any weight savings is a big plus. A few pounds count and save manufacturing material costs as well.
They have been spot welding the nuts and bolts, sometimes they break loose.
"no matter how good looking she is, somebody somewhere is sick of her shit"

"f#ck the G-ride, I want the machines that are making em."

mikescamera
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mikescamera »

fingers wires will probably eventually poke thro - why can a small rounded cap (a small thimble shaped piece) of some sort not be fixed to the end and the finger tip tpe cover that rather than just wire ends.

fxrs789

Post by fxrs789 »

IMG_5132.JPG
IMG_5132.JPG (1.57 MiB) Viewed 1317 times
For comparison....this is what a cheap POS skeleton looks like. I see some improvements between this and the improved model. I think they still have far to go. I agree that plastic and aluminum should be incorporated.
Of all the things I've lost.....I miss my mind the most...

Babel99
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Babel99 »

It is an improvement, but the joints need to be covered in a plactic ball or something. Biggest issue I have with my yl148 is the TPE beeing eaten from the inside out by the joints.

And to fix the finger poke then simply having a small ball bearing at the tip of the finger would do.
Jael - (YL 148) viewtopic.php?f=212&t=73333

Miriame - (SM 136) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=102115

Beth - (SM 157G) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=149637

Brooke - (Starpery 148F) viewtopic.php?t=175783

CrazyCajun
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by CrazyCajun »

This skeleton has some potential, but look closely and you will also see some issues!
(1): The bolt heads are tacked to the frame of the skeleton, and the nuts are tacked to the bolt. This will prevent any tightening of any joint on the skeleton without
Major surgery to cut the weldments off! All nuts should be a nylon locking nuts, or tacked to the frame of the skeleton, this would prevent loosening and allow for user tightening! The bolt heads should not be tacked or welded to anything!

(2): All of the bolt heads should be facing the back or the outside of the doll. Except for the bolt heads on the shoulders that allow for shrugging, these should face the top of the shoulder. This is to allow the easiest and least intrusive method to get to the head for tightening!

(3): The palm plate looks OK, but if it were just a bit thicker, then the wires could be anchored using set screws. This again would allow for them to be changed out in the field by the owner. To weld them in place would be a mistake!

In short; this skeleton looks promising, but there is still things about it that can and should be changed. It is not that anyone can build a skeleton that cannot be broken or that is guaranteed to not ever have a defect. But as long as it is built in a way that allows it to be repaired with as little damage to the doll as possible, this is what would be an ideal skeleton!
NoOne is even close yet!

Question: Is this a DollForever Skeleton?
CrazyCajun and the Girls

Making the world a doll friendlier place!
April's Gallery's: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14640

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

CrazyCajun wrote:Question: Is this a DollForever Skeleton?
My D4E135 has an M16 thread welded in the neck. The neck connector in the original post looks different.

bob7892
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by bob7892 »

CrazyCajun wrote:This skeleton has some potential, but look closely and you will also see some issues!
(1): The bolt heads are tacked to the frame of the skeleton, and the nuts are tacked to the bolt. This will prevent any tightening of any joint on the skeleton without
Major surgery to cut the weldments off! All nuts should be a nylon locking nuts, or tacked to the frame of the skeleton, this would prevent loosening and allow for user tightening! The bolt heads should not be tacked or welded to anything!

(2): All of the bolt heads should be facing the back or the outside of the doll. Except for the bolt heads on the shoulders that allow for shrugging, these should face the top of the shoulder. This is to allow the easiest and least intrusive method to get to the head for tightening!

(3): The palm plate looks OK, but if it were just a bit thicker, then the wires could be anchored using set screws. This again would allow for them to be changed out in the field by the owner. To weld them in place would be a mistake!

In short; this skeleton looks promising, but there is still things about it that can and should be changed. It is not that anyone can build a skeleton that cannot be broken or that is guaranteed to not ever have a defect. But as long as it is built in a way that allows it to be repaired with as little damage to the doll as possible, this is what would be an ideal skeleton!
NoOne is even close yet!

Question: Is this a DollForever Skeleton?
The 6ye ball joint is easily repairable , just undo the threaded cap ends either side of the joint , and replace with a new one :thumbs_up:
Welcome to Future , Just take a look inside .
We've got every thing you need , including Sex Android's
Come on Boys , Just take a look , Every things Unique
If You want Real Sexy Dolls , Just cum and take a peak
In The Future ,In The Future
So Welcome !!!!!!!!!
WELCOME !!!!!! To The FUTURE !!!!!!!!!!

My Girls and their stories https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 13&t=87890

My first doll Latasha is on a secret mission to find the perfect body !!!!!

Kireina's song https://youtu.be/sxSw20Gmubs

Some one said , Guys have girlfriends , because they have not found their perfect doll :D :D :D :D
Well I have :D :D :D :D Her name Is Kireina AND she's a 6ye :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I am me , and just me , and always will be me , and I don't deserve to be put in a box :evil: nobody does .bob7892

CrazyCajun
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by CrazyCajun »

@ZZZZ; Thanks, can the joints on the DollForever be tightened?

@bob7892; That is great news! I was wondering if they could be tightened or replaced! The ability to tighten or replace the joint if needed is what will prove to be the best all around solution I do believe!
CrazyCajun and the Girls

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

CrazyCajun wrote:@ZZZZ; Thanks, can the joints on the DollForever be tightened?
Sorry, I haven't done any "exploratory surgery" on my doll. I hope I never have to!

I like your idea for making adjustments through the back though.

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

CrazyCajun wrote:Question: Is this a DollForever Skeleton?
Nope. Non-TDF-listed manufacturer, so disclosing the brand would result in getting the thread deleted.

For me this skeleton is interesting as it solves a lot of the long-standing issues with TPE dolls. There is not even a M16 thread to connect the head anymore. This skeleton can be already ordered, and it is - imho - lightyears ahead of what the market leader is currently shipping.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

bob7892
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by bob7892 »

CrazyCajun wrote:@ZZZZ; Thanks, can the joints on the DollForever be tightened?

@bob7892; That is great news! I was wondering if they could be tightened or replaced! The ability to tighten or replace the joint if needed is what will prove to be the best all around solution I do believe!
Replaced yes , but not sure about tightening , as the socket is pressed around the ball ( no nuts and bolts ), I suppose you would just remove the joint and order a tighter one :D
Welcome to Future , Just take a look inside .
We've got every thing you need , including Sex Android's
Come on Boys , Just take a look , Every things Unique
If You want Real Sexy Dolls , Just cum and take a peak
In The Future ,In The Future
So Welcome !!!!!!!!!
WELCOME !!!!!! To The FUTURE !!!!!!!!!!

My Girls and their stories https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 13&t=87890

My first doll Latasha is on a secret mission to find the perfect body !!!!!

Kireina's song https://youtu.be/sxSw20Gmubs

Some one said , Guys have girlfriends , because they have not found their perfect doll :D :D :D :D
Well I have :D :D :D :D Her name Is Kireina AND she's a 6ye :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I am me , and just me , and always will be me , and I don't deserve to be put in a box :evil: nobody does .bob7892

CrazyCajun
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by CrazyCajun »

@ZZZZ; Just thought that you may know as you have one. I would also hope that you never have to cut on her for any reason!

Sandro; I do see some promise; and some issues; with this skeleton. I would not claim it is lightyears ahead of any skeleton on the market. But it does have
promise, but there are some issues with it that could cause some grief as well.
No one can build a skeleton that, in a production environment, can be guaranteed to never have a problem, but as long as there is a way to effectively
deal with any problems that should occur with out having to replace the entire doll or destroy her in the process of attempting a repair, then that would be
in reality the best that could be hoped for. And that is what the manufacturers don't seem to understand! Or at least don't seem to want to provide.
CrazyCajun and the Girls

CrazyCajun
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by CrazyCajun »

@bob789; As long as the joint can be reasonably replaced then that is almost as good as being able to tighten it! It would be better to simply be able to re-tighten it, but if it is able to be replaced in the field that is almost as good and better than having to grind off welds inside the doll!
CrazyCajun and the Girls

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

CrazyCajun wrote:[…] as long as there is a way to effectively deal with any problems that should occur with out having to replace the entire doll or destroy her in the process of attempting a repair, then that would be in reality the best that could be hoped for. And that is what the manufacturers don't seem to understand! Or at least don't seem to want to provide.
I have not much to contradict; if we are talking with manufacturers about these little details, it's like hitting a brick wall. For example, there is a (TDF-approved) silicone doll manufacturer who uses PVC pipes in the skeleton. The pipes easily cut through the soft silicone, e.g. in the elbows, as the ends of the PVC pipes are neither deburred nor encapsulated, not even with gauze. This is a doll in the $4000 price range. Design decisions like this are very hard to understand and basically impossible to explain to customers - why the heck are the pipes poking through the elbows in a factory fresh doll for $4000?

The best skeleton I know is the one used by Doll Sweet. It is one of the rare gems, designed to be maintainable; e.g. nuts are not welded onto the pipes, so parts can be replaced and adjusted. But it is a extremely complex skeleton. Another (TDF-approved) manufacturer commented that it would be commercially impossible to assemble a similar skeleton in Europe or North America. This manufacturer sells dolls in the $6000-$8000 range. Comparable Doll Sweet dolls cost about half of that. Commercially impossible. One needs to let this sink in.

TPE dolls are on the other end of this pricing range. Customers ask for dolls that cost rather $600 than $1200. Now consider that argument what a established manufacturer considers "commercially impossible" for a doll in the $6000-$8000 range. What could be realistically possible for a doll that costs only a fraction of this in retail?

What we need to understand is that TPE manufacturers are working with absurdly low budgets. 2/3 and recently even 3/4 of the retail price is eaten by shipping, handling and import fees. If a skeleton takes an hour to assemble and adjust, the resulting doll would be unsellable expensive.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

@Sandro - what you're saying about all the different skeletons describes a phase immature companies/industries go through: trying to do too much in-house.

A company that specializes in supplying skeletons to doll manufactures would benefit from economies of scale (such as automation). Once that company emerges, I think you'll see doll manufacturers getting out of the skeleton business very rapidly.

INFORMATIONS