www.textiledoll.com

Textile Doll for LW

Classic European full-sized fabric dolls. Flexible strong skeleton. All dolls are handmade in the art studio. Unique design and great features for sex and games.
LWhisperer
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: Just a hapless waif caught up on the fickle winds of fate.

Re: Textile Doll for LW

Post by LWhisperer »

[img600]Image/img600]]

Riga likes....

LWhisperer
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LWhisperer »

[img600][Imageimg600]

....white and gold....

LWhisperer
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LWhisperer »

[img600][Imageimg600]

....and the birdcage chair.
:mrgreen:

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

Very nice.

I asked Jury about pubic hair on the doll as I noticed that one of the pictures on his website shows a doll with pubic hair. He told me that any kind/color of pubic hair is possible on his dolls. Since the doll's pubic bone is large and pronounced out of necessity, I am thinking that some pubic hair might conceal the "indentation" made my the large pubic bone's structure. Of course, the doll would need to have a full bush in order to make this work. The doll in the photo on the website does show a full bush, so this might be something to consider.

D.A.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

LWhisperer
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LWhisperer »

Good for you, DA. I'm not a bush guy. At first I didn't like the pelvic mound. But it's grown on me, and I put a hand there.....often. :lol: I'm wondering if Jury can throw in a bit of a camel toe.

I'm never one that's good for keeping secrets...so I might as well let the kitty out of the bag, just for a gulp of air. Riga is going to have a big sister, Risa. Named after the paradise shore leave planet Risa on Star Trek The Next Generation.
Jury and I have had some awesome exchanges, and I took the plunge again. He's such a pleasure to exchange ideas with, and I've made a great friend across the ocean. He's so good at this art form, and the more I look at the features on Riga, the more I see her as art. So many feminine details. The shoulder blades, rib cage, hourglass, hips, thighs, and butt. It's blatantly obvious that he worships the female form as much as I do. And he gets excited about the creation of a beauty. Maybe that's why I admire him so much. I liken him to be another Patrick Wise, but using a different medium to show the world the beauty he sees through his eyes. They both have that passion that goes far beyond the norm, and their artistry shows it.

When Jury put his pics of Riga on his website, she created a stir. I think when he posts his pics of Risa later this summer, she's going to echo that "mmmmmm" in an even bigger way!! She's going to ROCK!!

DollAfficionado

LW,

Congrats on your decision to get her a sister? Are you going to go with the 165cm body for your 2nd doll?

With your feedback on the pubic bone, I might have to reconsider the pubic hair. Ultimately though, I think it will come down to whether or not it complements as a whole the doll that I choose to design.

I was just looking at the Goth girl on the website. I have never really been into Goth all that much but DAMN that girl looks hot! Jury has barely started business, and he is already giving us lots of choices in doll features - I really like this.

D.A.

LWhisperer
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LWhisperer »

Yep, Risa will be taller than Riga, and have one of the other faces. That's all I can say about her now. The rest we'll all see later in the year. I don't want to sway anyone in any direction. The hard choices are all yours, DA! And they are tough. Falling for the Melissa face was easy. The choices I made for Riga were practically a given. But Jury keeps throwing in more and more color options, and this second doll is harder! :lol:

life-is-plastic
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by life-is-plastic »

thanks for your reply LW ... and thanks for your ongoing answering of our questions ... that's what you get when you stick out your neck with a brand new doll :wink:

was about to ask about staining, but you already addressed that :D Cannot wait to see your taller textile-lady

if I could suggest something to the maker: given there's already some room for alterations and such, would it perhaps be possible to introduce moveable eyes to the equation? I can see that some people wouldn't really want their doll's eyes moving in all kinds of directions, but for those who would like to experiment with looks and expressions (in play and/or photography) it would add another dimension to the facial expression. Just a thought.

LWhisperer
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LWhisperer »

Life-is-plastic,
Keep an eye on what MannequinFan is doing with his crouching MQ, Fiona. He's going to be showing us his custom eye mod in that thread, I bet within a matter of days. I don't know if he's going movable or not...
But Riga has a hollow head, and her eyes were mounted from the inside. I believe creative types could mod it to make a movable eye conversion.

I can't speak for Jury, obviously, but I will say that he really bent over backwards for me with creating new templates in order to make the size 7 feet for Riga. I know it was more work for him, as both his bodies have larger feet.

For me, on one hand it was a lot to ask of a dollmaker to alter what is their vision of perfection. On the other hand, here I was, sitting on umpteen pairs of size 7 shoes that fit my other dolls and my girlfriend!! What to do? It never hurts to ask. Jury was so understanding, and the impression that he gave throughout our exchanges was that he just wholeheartedly commits himself to the creation of a doll.

In a pm recently, I had rambled on about how I envisioned Risa, and all the wonderful elements of Riga, and how I wanted Riga to have a sister for when I'm at work. Do you know what Jury's first thought was? It was please please don't put Riga in a box while you're away at work. She is a work of art done in old European fashion, meant to be displayed in the open in nice attire for all to see and admire.

I know he put a lot of time and effort into Riga, and she's not just a doll to him. He said he wants to see his ladies go to good homes, where they will be appreciated and taken care of. So, he truly wants the owner to feel the same love for the doll as he put into it's creation. That really struck a chord with me.

So, knowing that he wants you to have maximum emotion and appreciation for the artistry.....if I wanted movable eyes, I would totally ask. Damn. I just talked myself into it.
Do ya see the kind of trouble I'm always causing? Sheesh! I don't know how people put up with me!! :lol:

DollAfficionado

I see that Jury put a price of 600 Euros + Shipping on his website.

600 Euros = ~$825 US Dollars

In playing around with shipping calculators from Latvia to the U.S., shipping would be an estimated $300.

Therefore, the total price of this doll shipped to the U.S. looks to be around $1,100 +/- $100

Does this sound about right?

D.A.

LWhisperer
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LWhisperer »

DA, I'd say you're in the ballpark, depending on your location. Probably closer the lower end. PM Jury to find out specifics, and see if he might do a forum discount. That's all up to him, but again, worth asking.
I do know from last conversations, his pics of Riga were a hit, and orders are starting to fly.
I also know for just 90 euros more, my next will be a taller version, and better suited for standing doggie for my height. :wink:

Textile Doll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Textile Doll »

Hi! :)
Thank you all for your attention to my dolls. :angel:
LW ,thanks for beautiful photos!!! :thumbs_up:
I will present a new body in the summer. New doll will be high. Also, to the body will be made new head. But need a little work on the sketches.
And...I want to say, that the delivery doll from Europe to the U.S. is $ 100. :whistle:

anataus

Post by anataus »

Hi Juri , LWhisperer and all friends

This doll is really fantastic and the review was very useful
Just a remark
Fabric dolls are normally known as "cuddling dolls" if so an hard face is not the best choice in my opinion
Since the her head is detachable , should it possible to supply , as an option, also a soft head with kissable lips ?
Of course i dont expect the same quality as the standard one
Let say something better than Teddy babes Deluxe / Anime heads
If so, this dolla will be a smashing it

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

LWhisperer wrote:[img600][Imageimg600]

....and the birdcage chair.
:mrgreen:

Hello LW,

I know I am responding to an "ancient" post, but since you are one of the first buyers of a Textile Doll, I am curious to know how your Riga has held up over the last 6 years in terms of overall condition. Mainly I am curious about the skeleton, but if you have noticed any other changes in the appearance or function of your doll over the years, please comment in detail even if as so much as if she lost a nail.

Back in 2017, I had come across Textile Doll, and considered a purchase, but I ended up going with a Happy Dolls Dagmar which seemed to be better shaped in the bust area and neckline and it also had a silicone head option. This I favored over the hard plastic head the TD doll has. Well, in overall terms of looks and function, I was very happy with my purchase, but this was negated very quickly when the doll developed an elbow joint issue IN THE FIRST WEEK. In the next two months, the other elbow and a shoulder joint acted up. So my doll's left arm could no longer hold a pose and the right arm was weak in the elbow. I tried to contact the seller, Beautiful Dolls several times but they didn't answer my emails. They were fast to respond during the sale, but didn't want to bother with me afterwards. Needless to say, they are no longer getting my business.

While my doll's legs are still fine, and I had contemplating to fix the issues myself, I realized that this would my doll out of commission for a while and there was the possibility that I wouldn't be successful. So I figured the first step would be to get either a replacement body for my doll or a whole second doll so I had something to fall back on. So as of last year, I had once again set out to do some research. After considering Teddy Babes for a while, I ended up coming back to Textile Doll. So while I had some time on my hands due to the Covid-19 lockdown (which has me out of work and at home), I had decided to talk to Yuri at TD to work out him creating a new body for my doll. After about a week of going back and forth, the costs just seemed a bit high.

Well, in a recent stroke of luck a used Textile Doll came up for sale at almost half the cost and I am looking to purchase it. So as of now, I have been making my rounds here on the forums and looking for those that have had a Textile Doll for more than two years. So far my oldest contact has his doll for 3.5 years and he has no issues with his doll.

However, if I make contact with you and you still have your Riga, that would make you as being the oldest contact. So in a nutshell, I just want to know how things have been over the years with Riga and how she has been holding up in overall condition. This is not only with the skeleton, but also the overall look, such as the aforementioned nails, did any of the foam shift oddly, did any thing odd happen with the skin? Stuff like that. You can leave out anything like discoloration of the skin as that is expected and would considered part of normal use and normal wear. I am more after anything that would appear to be a defect in the design or a noticeable flaw.

Any information you can give me would be much appreciated. Thank you,

D

INFORMATIONS