Starpery.com

Cloth Doll: How-To

Got an idea? Need an invention?
KawaiiLuvr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Cloth Doll: How-To

Post by KawaiiLuvr »

I just found this really great site on how to make plush dolls. There is one how-to section with all the details on how to make a life-sized plush doll. This is not a sex-doll site, its just for general doll making, but it wouldn't be too hard to place an insert in there or whatever.

There are detailed instructions with the pattern files, just print them out, cut some fabric and sew it all together (I'm sure its a lot harder than it looks). If you click around you can find a parts list which shows what tools/materials you should need. The plans are for a 1/2 scale doll, but you can just print out the patterns at 2x size for a full scale 60" doll. It even shows how to make the underwear.

HOW-TO: Includes instructions and all patterns at 1/2 scale:
http://dollmaker.nunodoll.com/girldoll/

Seems like a fun little project and not too expensive either.

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

Very interesting.

My only concern with a project like this is that i would wind up with a love / sex doll that wasn't rigid enough for "use".

Hmmm...I wonder if someone could make a lifesized version of these and install some sort of rigid skeleton inside the doll. The skeleton could just consist of cut lenghts of PVC tubing inside of all of the limbs, torso, and head with nylon cord running through the centers of all of the pieces and holding it all together. However, one would have to carefully position the sections of PVC tubing inside each limb as the stuffing material was packed around it.

Yes, it looks do-able.

technoguy

Spacebutler

Post by Spacebutler »

The patterns are really easy to make actually. I tried a while ago and Ive got a picture or two In my gallery of the things I made based on that method, plus changes. It doesn't need a skeleton to work, and the patterns aren't made for skeletons anyway. I might use a skeleton for a 3rd version but its a bit of an unnecessary distraction so far.

Crazyhorse

Post by Crazyhorse »

These have been discussed a number of times, adding a wire skeleton similar to a Teddybabe wouldn't be difficult. There's also the "woven woman" patterns available online, which I believe do include plans for some kind of PVC skeleton.

EvilGenius
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by EvilGenius »

I made most of a full size doll with these patterns. I have the torso and legs done so far. Need to do more 'testing' before I add the rest.

As an experiment, I used a latex fabric that I found at Bed Bath and Beyond that is used for keeping area rugs in place. Basically its a fabric thats been coated with a thin layer of foam latex. The feel is somewhat skin-like to me but I plan to build another doll using the recommended fabric for something closer to a Teddy Babe. The other side of the fabric is coated with a light tack adhesive (for sticking to the bottom of the rug). Not much of a problem, but it made sewing a little difficult.

I stuffed the doll with old t-shirts that I was going to throw out. I found that once the shirt material was packed in there, there was an excellent solid feel and weight to the doll. Way better than using foam.

Anyway, the doll pattern is great! I used photoshop to scale up the designs and then printed each over multiple pages. After printing, I puzzled the pages back together. Shouldn't be a problem if you have a large format printer.

Spacebutler

Post by Spacebutler »

I didn't bother with up scaling the patterns. I didnt like the proportions of the larger parts and sewing the stretch fabric was too much trouble.

epne

Post by epne »

Did any of you modify the doll for sex? If so, what did you use and how well did it work?

EvilGenius
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by EvilGenius »

Did any of you modify the doll for sex? If so, what did you use and how well did it work?
Yes. The latex backed material I used was strong enough to put a hole in that can hold a Fleshlight insert. I put a opening along the seam in back so that I can get my hand into the pelvis area and pull the FL into position.

I'm building a new doll with the same pattern, but this time I am going to build the base parts using linen and the cover using flannel. The latex material was OK, but not as cuddly as something like flannel. I also invested in a $120 sewing machine (I sewed by hand last time).

For the hole on the new one, I plan to build a pocket into the pelvis that will allow me to insert the FL (like an inverted sock). I have some ideas for making it easy to insert the FL, but that will take some experimentation to get it right.

I also want to note that I used cut up old t-shirts for the stuffing instead of foam or batting. The result was a solid feeling doll with a 'nice' amount of weight to it. On the next doll I plan to put batting or foam at the joints to make it more poseable.

Renate
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Renate »

That site has been posted here before

Ren
♥♥♥Check Out My Blog! Juicy♥Splatter Doll Photography♥♥♥

Thirsha42
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Cloth Doll: How-To

Post by Thirsha42 »

I figure I’ll give it a go. I’m not too impressed with the Professional dolls available so I figure I can’t do much worse. I’ll have to experiment but I got some instructions on needle sculpting that might help with the face. I checked out cosplay instructions the make more naturally shaped boobs and I’ll use foam sheets I think to mold curves and add resistance. The face will be the big challenge.

matt gloss
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Cloth Doll: How-To

Post by matt gloss »

All the best with your project :thumbs_up:

Matt

INFORMATIONS