dollstudio.org

My personal experience with Dollstudio's customer support

Reviews on Dollstudio & DS Doll Europe Sales and Services
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Sales and Support experience reviews.
Product reviews should be posted in the manufacturer review forum, unless the product is exclusive offered by this vendor.
All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
Operator
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

My personal experience with Dollstudio's customer support

Post by Operator »

Short disclaimer:
Longish post, tl;dr at the bottom. I didn't place an order at Dollstudio yet, hence this review is 100% related to pre-purchase customer support.

As a doll newbie that has done some research on (mostly TPE) dolls over the course of 3 weeks, I'm absolutely astonished by the vast amount of facets on that topic. Thinking that my research would answer most of my questions, it partially made things more difficult for me, since more and more questions came to my mind (many of them highly subjective).
Height vs. weight, standing vs. non-standing, fixed vagina vs. insert,....? Help!

During the past 2 weeks I've had correspondence with many vendors (about 8, iirc). I've asked them several questions, many of which were the same for all of them, and the responses were very different. I even can subjectively divide them into 5 categories (don't ask me about their names, I'm not going to call anyone out).
- Vendors that didn't respond at all,
- vendors that answered in short sentences and ignored half of my questions,
- vendors that answered extensively, but were obviously lying in one or another regard,
- vendors that answered my questions honestly and to complete satisfaction,
and, spoiler alert,
- Sandro @ Dollstudio.
(No, he didn't pay me to write this.)

Now, let me elaborate on why Sandro's support stood out for me above all the others.

I've sent my first inquiry (with lots of detailed questions) to Dollstudio on a Friday at 9:30 pm. Since we are in the same time zone, and most people, I guess, in Germany/Central Europe are not working on Saturdays and Sundays, I didn't expect to get a response before Monday during daytime.
Just about 5 hours later - yes, in the middle of the night - I got a response of about double the length of my already long inquiry. Sandro answered my questions to an extent, nobody else did before. And of course the consecutive e-mails were following the same scheme.

For all my questions that allowed objective answers, I got a response detailed to a degree, that there was no room left for me to come up with a follow-up question.

I also asked some questions that were impossible to answer objectively. Yet Sandro's replies managed to help me make decisions, by pointing out some ideas, I'd never been able to come up with on my own.
Let me give you an example:
In 2.5 weeks I wasn't able to make a decision between fixed vagina (aesthetics) and insert (convenience).
"This is a philosophical war like Windows vs. Apple,..." - Sandro, 2020
He was the first person to point out 2 things, I (as a doll newbie) would never have thought of:
1) Insert may not be as convenient as one might think. You still have to pull them out and put them back in after cleaning, over, and over, and over again.
2) Fixed vaginas may not be as inconvenient as one might think. You could always use a femidom to reduce the potential mess you make.
Thank you for compensating my lack of creativity and knowledge. Eventually I could make up my mind, and decided to go for the fixed one.

Another big plus for me about Dollstudio's support I want to emphazise, Sandro doesn't hold back giving you answers you might not want to hear. "But Operator, why is this a positiv thing?"
Well, e.g. asking him about the approximate production plus delivery time, I was hoping it to be somewhere around 30 days. After all, that's what many other vendors told me. So, why would I want to order at Dollstudio, if the production and delivery might take 5-7 weeks according to Sandro? Because to me that sounds honest and realistic. Also, him mentioning potential issues/changes due to the pandemic, is highly valuable information for me.

Therefore from me a perfect 10/10 for Dollstudio's support.

As everybody knows, we got the best Sacher cake over here in Austria, and if it wasn't about the pandemic, I'd immediately send one over to Sandro to show my appreciation.

tl;dr
- Replies were quick and extensive, no matter how detailed or long my inquiries have been.
- In my opinion, Sandro makes correspondence highly efficient by not only answering your questions, but rather give you enough information to even answer potential follow-up questions in advance.
- Instead of the typical "can't answer, since subjectiv", he gave me his opinion on the topic and pointed out some aspects, I didn't consider before.
- I got the impression, Sandro is always keen to answer your questions honest and as precise as possible, no matter if this is what you want to hear or not. That's a big plus for me!
- My overall experience with Dollstudio's customer support so far: 10/10; would recommend to family and friends.

Kind regards
Operator
Starpery 151 TPE for sale, top condition, pick-up in Central Europe
viewtopic.php?f=128&t=142758

INFORMATIONS