www.wmdolls.com

Off-the-Shelf vs. Custom Doll? How long do you want to wait?

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
Chompers

Off-the-Shelf vs. Custom Doll? How long do you want to wait?

Post by Chompers »

If you're about to order a custom head with your WM doll, be prepared to wait. The long wait times are real.

I'm at 45 days and counting since I placed my order, and my doll still hasn't shipped yet.

[Reader be warned and skip this paragraph if you hate wining and complaining!] I am working with a highly recommended vendor, who I don't want to say their name while I'm frustrated and they are trying to be very helpful and are quite lovely, but I've counted up to 2 weeks of delays, caused by the back and forth, back and forth, back and forth emails with the vendor asking mundane questions - do you have a picture of implanted blonde hair? there's no pictures on your website, oh oral isn't available on implanted hair even though it's on the ordering page?, and let me get back to you about that the lipstick color you want changed...I don't think that's easy as it's rather permanent, and let me try to get better factory photos since those are such poor resolution.

Sorry to complain here. I honestly don't think I'm asking too much of Jinsan and the vendor, but maybe I am?

If you're very impatient like me and live in the US, I recently ran across YourDolls who stock in California and have this beautiful 162E at a very good price. https://www.yourdoll.com/product/162cm- ... -in-stock/

I honestly wished I just ordered this doll and it would have been here 4-5 weeks ago. And I could have just ordered a couple of fancy custom heads with implanted hair separately, and let them take the slow train from China. And my total bill wouldn't have been that different either.

Oh, well. Live and learn.

-Chompers :lol: (The complainer :shakefist: :poop2: Sorry!)

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Off-the-Shelf vs. Custom Doll? How long do you want to w

Post by LoversJD »

So you just wanted some custom makeup on the head? No custom skin colour or alterations to the dolls form? I could understand maybe a custom skin colour would take a while, as they need to make a new mixture that they don’t have pre prepared and hanging in their warehouse. I have only ordered straight from the manufacturer.. customs skins etc (but I only buy mini dolls). So yea the time it takes for the vendor to get your email, send the email, then relay the email to you, would defined add to the wait. :/ hope you get it soon man.
Perception - "We don't see things as they are. We see them as we are." Anais Nin

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

Chompers

Post by Chompers »

LoversJD,

My order isn't really a custom order. Just different heads for a 162E with implanted hair. I simply wanted their standard makeup and implanted hair (which wasn't clear on the vendors website). That's it. And we're far past the 10 extra days for implanted hair. This is just a lack of good information on their website causing 2 weeks of back and forth emails trying to get information and now poor quality factory photos and waiting again.

Maybe Jinsan doesn't provide good website content for their vendors, and it's hard for the vendors to create it themselves? I used to run a small business working with an oversees manufacturer. So I know the challenges and can sympathize.

I just want the world to work perfectly. :crying: Is that too much to ask? :turn-l:

-Chomp

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LoversJD »

I don’t know. Working perfectly no.. working reasonably yes :P 45days is a long time seeing as you will still need to wait for the duration of the shipping too. I would be upset too if I was having the same experience.. sure many people would. If you got the pictures of the finished product, you should get it soon.. unless god forbid!! You decide to ask for a HD photo. How could you expect such a big brand like WM to have a good quality camera in their workshop? :P
Perception - "We don't see things as they are. We see them as we are." Anais Nin

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

Zarnon
Former Member

Post by Zarnon »

Chompers, I hear you. I have a doll caught somewhere at Fed Ex in Memphis. It supposed to be in customs but customs says they don't have it. It really made me look long and hard at YourDolls.

The thing is, I like the options I got on my current WM. The tongue option in particular is great. I like implanted pubic hair in the style I want. I want control over my makeup , areola and vagina color choices.

What I'd really like is a customs broker for my doll. Someone who could shepherd the custom doll through the process. I would pay extra for that.
Fall down 7 times, get up 8.

anglomec
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by anglomec »

Chompers wrote:If you're about to order a custom head with your WM doll, be prepared to wait. The long wait times are real.

I'm at 45 days and counting since I placed my order, and my doll still hasn't shipped yet.
I honestly wished I just ordered this doll and it would have been here 4-5 weeks ago. And I could have just ordered a couple of fancy custom heads with implanted hair separately, and let them take the slow train from China. And my total bill wouldn't have been that different either.
Chompers, I know your pain. From order acceptance (August 18) to receipt (October 22) my 162E took 65 days. Nothing at all in that time frame was the vendors fault, it was all delay on the manufacturing and shipping side (10 days in customs alone). Near the end of "The Brutal Wait" these in-stock dolls started becoming available here in the US. Now my girl has to be remade (viewtopic.php?f=215&t=134567), and I wonder to myself, should I just order another one from an in-stock place while I wait for my 162E to be remade? I like the 166C too and she could be here in 3-4 days. I just wonder how the customer service is from the in-stock guys. :?:

Your Doll
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Your Doll »

Chompers wrote:If you're about to order a custom head with your WM doll, be prepared to wait. The long wait times are real.

[Reader be warned and skip this paragraph if you hate wining and complaining!] I am working with a highly recommended vendor, who I don't want to say their name while I'm frustrated and they are trying to be very helpful and are quite lovely, but I've counted up to 2 weeks of delays, caused by the back and forth, back and forth, back and forth emails with the vendor asking mundane questions - do you have a picture of implanted blonde hair? there's no pictures on your website, oh oral isn't available on implanted hair even though it's on the ordering page?, and let me get back to you about that the lipstick color you want changed...I don't think that's easy as it's rather permanent, and let me try to get better factory photos since those are such poor resolution.

Sorry to complain here. I honestly don't think I'm asking too much of Jinsan and the vendor, but maybe I am?

If you're very impatient like me and live in the US, I recently ran across YourDolls who stock in California and have this beautiful 162E at a very good price. https://www.yourdoll.com/product/162cm- ... -in-stock/

Hi Chompers, I'm sorry to hear that. Although I don't know who you order this doll from, as a vendor, I know that implant hair usually takes a long time because it's handmade (please check this video to see how it's made https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7ie6rIIwWg). And in October, factories got an 8-days National Holiday. It delayed your order a lot. But it's ok, you have paid a lot of money, everything will worth waiting. :wink:

And yes, we have a lot of in-stock dolls in our Los Angeles warehouse, we usually ship in 3 working days ( we don't ship on weekend :whistle: ). Our customer usually receive package in 7 days (exceptions may apply). We also have some extra heads and all kinds of wigs there. If you want more heads, contact me, no more wait, haha. :evidence:
- Promotion and FREE GIFTS: https://www.yourdoll.com/on-sale/
- Get In-Stock Dolls in 5-10 days: https://www.yourdoll.com/in-stock/
❤Follow YourDoll On: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube

Your Doll
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Your Doll »

anglomec wrote:

Chompers, I know your pain. From order acceptance (August 18) to receipt (October 22) my 162E took 65 days. Nothing at all in that time frame was the vendors fault, it was all delay on the manufacturing and shipping side (10 days in customs alone). Near the end of "The Brutal Wait" these in-stock dolls started becoming available here in the US. Now my girl has to be remade (viewtopic.php?f=215&t=134567), and I wonder to myself, should I just order another one from an in-stock place while I wait for my 162E to be remade? I like the 166C too and she could be here in 3-4 days. I just wonder how the customer service is from the in-stock guys. :?:

No doubt! We have all kinds of body type there. WM 162E, 166C, 173H, 163H, 156H, 172B, 172D, 165D, 140D, 167E, 155L and YL 166J. (https://www.yourdoll.com/in-stock/) We are in Los Angeles, I'm not sure where you are so I cannot promise it arrive at your house in 3-4 days. :) But we usually ship ASAP (we don't ship on weekend). If you have any other problem, please contact us via sales@yourdoll.com. :glou:

Chompers

Post by Chompers »

Zarnon wrote:Chompers, I hear you. I have a doll caught somewhere at Fed Ex in Memphis. It supposed to be in customs but customs says they don't have it. It really made me look long and hard at YourDolls.

The thing is, I like the options I got on my current WM. The tongue option in particular is great. I like implanted pubic hair in the style I want. I want control over my makeup , areola and vagina color choices.

What I'd really like is a customs broker for my doll. Someone who could shepherd the custom doll through the process. I would pay extra for that.
Zarnon,

Sorry you're having delays, too. Boy I hope mine doesn't get caught up in customs.

Man, if the doll manufacturer could come up with a sleek velcro pubic hair patch, some coloring kit for the labia, and nipple stickies, then they could stock popular doll bodies and standard heads in the larger countries and you select your desired kits (i.e. pubic, labia, nipple) so they ship out quickly like YourDolls promotes. Then if you wanted a second head with custom makeup, implanted hair, or whatever...just order a second head from the Jinsan factory and let it take the long train from China to the vendor warehouse, all the while you're enjoying your first doll.

I saw a vendor on TDF that sells custom eye kits with magnetic iris/pupils and retractable eyelids. Why not nipple stickies and velcro pubic hair!!! Ha-Ha!!!! :uhoh:

-Chompers :lol:

Chompers

Post by Chompers »

anglomec wrote:

Anglomec - Man I feel your pain. There just no excuse for Jinsan to send a WM doll out the door with metal sticking out of the leg! Complete breakdown of quality review protocols. This is especially unacceptable considering the long wait times. Unbelievable!

Chompers

Post by Chompers »

Your Doll wrote:

Hi Chompers, I'm sorry to hear that. Although I don't know who you order this doll from, as a vendor, I know that implant hair usually takes a long time because it's handmade (please check this video to see how it's made https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7ie6rIIwWg). And in October, factories got an 8-days National Holiday. It delayed your order a lot. But it's ok, you have paid a lot of money, everything will worth waiting. :wink:

And yes, we have a lot of in-stock dolls in our Los Angeles warehouse, we usually ship in 3 working days ( we don't ship on weekend :whistle: ). Our customer usually receive package in 7 days (exceptions may apply). We also have some extra heads and all kinds of wigs there. If you want more heads, contact me, no more wait, haha. :evidence:
YourDoll - thanks for the info! I hadn't heard from my vendor that Jinsan was on holiday for 8 days in October. That explains some of the delay. I knew about the 10 extra days to implant hair. Looks like incredibly difficult work.

Hey, quick question...shouldn't a major vendor know if glossy lipstick can be changed or not? That seems like one of those Doll Vendor 101 questions. I've been waiting a week to get that answer from my vendor who didn't know and we're waiting on Jinsan to reply. I honestly just wanted some better factory photos to know what color I was looking at - pink? peach? red?

Your Doll
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Your Doll »

Chompers wrote:
Your Doll wrote:

YourDoll - thanks for the info! I hadn't heard from my vendor that Jinsan was on holiday for 8 days in October. That explains some of the delay. I knew about the 10 extra days to implant hair. Looks like incredibly difficult work.

Hey, quick question...shouldn't a major vendor know if glossy lipstick can be changed or not? That seems like one of those Doll Vendor 101 questions. I've been waiting a week to get that answer from my vendor who didn't know and we're waiting on Jinsan to reply. I honestly just wanted some better factory photos to know what color I was looking at - pink? peach? red?

I don't suggest change lipstick if it has been finished. Because the dresser has to rip the doll's lip if the lipstick cannot be cleared, which may hurt a lot. (I've ever seen that at the factory because I just want to change my customized doll head lipstick. :( ). If you have a high demand at doll lipstick, you can browse all WM doll's photos and find the lipstick and offer them to your vendor for their reference. :wink:

Fr0stByte
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Fr0stByte »

Removing glossy is doable but a bit of a pain. I had to remove mine from my piper dolls and learned that I won't go with glossy anymore as after awhile it splits and cracks and doesn't look so good. Hence why I removed it and just went with regular lipstick.

Sorry to hear your delays though! Does suck my order for an Elsa Babe took about 2 months for factory photos! Was about to throw in the towel and order something different but the factory photos showed up.
Ladies:
Kitty - PipeDream Ultimate Fantasy Dolls
Wynter - WM166CM + 277 Head
Kizuna - Smart Doll - Her Thread: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 4&t=121837
Haruka - Smart Doll
Nao - DollHouse 168 - 80cm Elf - Her Thread: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 3&t=129287
Haruko - Elsa Babe - 102cm LB

Chompers

Post by Chompers »

Fr0stByte wrote:Removing glossy is doable but a bit of a pain. I had to remove mine from my piper dolls and learned that I won't go with glossy anymore as after awhile it splits and cracks and doesn't look so good. Hence why I removed it and just went with regular lipstick.

Sorry to hear your delays though! Does suck my order for an Elsa Babe took about 2 months for factory photos! Was about to throw in the towel and order something different but the factory photos showed up.
Fr0stByte - 2 months! dam!!! Yeah, I am new to the game and ordered glossy lips. I was honestly worn out asking questions with my vendor and waiting 24-hrs for email replies. I probably should have gone with natural lips for longevity. I hope the glossy lips and head for that matter lasts a while...a woman somewhere sacrificed here beautiful long hair for crying out loud. I finally received a high res photo of my dolls face after complaining a week ago about the poor quality low res factory photos. She's a beauty. I think a symmetrical part down the middle will look nice. And cant' wait to try pulling the hair back and ponytails. More pictures to come when she finally arrives in a couple weeks.

Attachments
Factory photo
Factory photo
HEAD #74 Closeup.jpg (171.43 KiB) Viewed 1207 times

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LoversJD »

Chompers wrote:
Fr0stByte wrote:Removing glossy is doable but a bit of a pain. I had to remove mine from my piper dolls and learned that I won't go with glossy anymore as after awhile it splits and cracks and doesn't look so good. Hence why I removed it and just went with regular lipstick.

Fr0stByte - 2 months! dam!!! Yeah, I am new to the game and ordered glossy lips. I was honestly worn out asking questions with my vendor and waiting 24-hrs for email replies. I probably should have gone with natural lips for longevity. I hope the glossy lips and head for that matter lasts a while...a woman somewhere sacrificed here beautiful long hair for crying out loud. I finally received a high res photo of my dolls face after complaining a week ago about the poor quality low res factory photos. She's a beauty. I think a symmetrical part down the middle will look nice. And cant' wait to try pulling the hair back and ponytails. More pictures to come when she finally arrives in a couple weeks.

Absolutely STUNNING!

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

INFORMATIONS