Starpery.com

Putting my wife’s face on a doll. Help!

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Polymathdad

Putting my wife’s face on a doll. Help!

Post by Polymathdad »

I was wanting to know if it were possible to buy a head for the wm doll i just ordered (first one and has not arrived yet) and remove the skin/face from this head ( assuming i buy one that fits) and make a life cast of my wife’s head/face (which ever would be better) And create a silicone or latex mask to affix to the head. We considered buying the custom head that companies sell but 1. Cant afford it. And 2. A life cast is much more detailed. Also 3. Cant afford it!!! So any advice would be amazing thank you. I plan on attempting this but would like some pointers (wife didnt give me a choice lol) i saw a mod for making the head bj insert better and this would be the time to do that as well i think.

Capmats
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Re: Putting my wife’s face on a doll. Help!

Post by Capmats »

Some vendors do these by default, you should ask for a cust and send a picture !

Polymathdad

Post by Polymathdad »

I didn’t know that. Dang well its too late wm doll on its way but im curious which vendors would do that by default or without charge? I didn’t see any.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Making a silicone head from a lifecast is possible if you have the tools and skills. I would only put a silicone head on a silicone doll.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Polymathdad

Post by Polymathdad »

I have made many life casts from holding hands, to my kids faces. I have made one halloween mask and that was years ago but it was great. Mostly i make life cast molds and fill them with plaster.
1.The doll i got is TPE so what should i use for the mask/skin? Tpe, latex? The mask itself i am not concerned about making it is attaching to the skull/head.
2. Should i remove the old skin first? Leave it on as a base and remove the ears lips and nose then put the mask over that?
3. Mask thickness? How thick is the skin on the heads from the factory? Should I even BUY a new head or should i make my own ( this is not a problem for me ). The mouth being open is not a necessary part solid closed mouth is fine. What about tinting?
4. I also have a 3d printer available and could print a “face” then add a layer of skin at a time to build up the mask. What about just removing the face of the dolls head and affixing the new face to the head ( movie face off lol) would blending and smoothing be possible if i went that route?

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

That would be the question, what material to use. TPE destroys latex and some TPE formulas react badly when in direct contact with some forms of silicone.... :?

How about just getting a TPE head that best mimics your wife's basic facial structure and completing the look with makeup, eyes and wig?

DexterQuest
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DexterQuest »

The head mount and skull of the tpe head is very simple and crude. By just studying the tpe head, you could craft your own without destroying it.

You only need 8"x8"x8" build volume to print a whole head. Less than that for just a skull.

I can't believe life casts aren't more of a thing. I have life cast hands and feet made from silicone and they are great. I wish I could get heads and full dolls.

MX-V
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by MX-V »

Interesting idea.
It sounds like you have the knowledge to do this. I would never do a lifecast of a head again. You will find out if your wife is claustrophobic very quickly.

May I suggest thinking of the aftermath of this.
Not doubting your skill, but the head will never look the same as her.
May not be proportioned on the doll body.
Eventually, she or her friends may find it creepy and she'll want you to destroy it.
Possibility of her being jealous of it. She grows old, the head doesn't. She thinks you like the body of the doll more.
A doll will never have that life force she has. It may not turn out as you wish.

I don't mean to poo poo your idea. As a forum, we try to help others out. I thought about passing this subject up, but I saw a potential problem and couldn't help myself. I suggested this same scenario to my last girlfriend. She was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. She liked the idea at first and replied, "awwww, you're my biggest fan and the biggest pervert". When I found a place that would scan her, her second reply was, "ewww, gross, I thought you were kidding, what happens if we break up?" "If I gain a little weight are you just going to hump the doll?"

Please consider the future. If I've offended you, my apologies. I say these things to help, not to hurt.
Best of luck to you.
I love the smell of TPE in the morning...

jpcbird

Post by jpcbird »

[quote="Mr Franz"
How about just getting a TPE head that best mimics your wife's basic facial structure and completing the look with makeup, eyes and wig?[/quote]

This would be the best suggestion in your price range.
If this is the wifes prerequisite to owning a doll now, any other way will go horribly wrong in her opinion.
And if it does look exactly like her, the same could go wrong when you spend time with your doll over her.

Worse yet if she got so mad as to leave you, you would be stuck with a constant reminder of her.
Just to many ways this could go badly for you.

Best of luck in your search.
Remember "if you find something in my room it's from the Internet"

Kazuya
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Kazuya »

There’s this Japan based company http://real-f.jp/en_the-realface.html that make realistic masks but I think he’s very expensive. There used to be thatsmyface.com which was the western equivalent, based in the US in the think but it looks like they have stopped operating. Another avenue is Crea- FX https://www.creafx.com who are special effects experts and make latex and silicone masks but they are not working at the momoment due to Covid.

jmichaell681
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by jmichaell681 »

How about just getting a TPE head that best mimics your wife's basic facial structure and completing the look with makeup, eyes and wig?
This seems like the best course of action just in terms of cost.

There's a nifty tool here if you want algorithms to figure it out for you: https://www.betafaceapi.com/demo.html. What you do is upload a whole batch of doll faces (found at any vendor or manufacturer's website) and a picture of your wife's face (as long as she is ok with this!), then click on her face and hit "compare" I believe, and the site will generate the highest probability matches. It does work to a degree and I've been very surprised by the findings just in my own searches. The only catch is it seems like you can only upload about 20 or so faces at a time for comparison. After that, the timeout / crashing errors start to get a little common. Otherwise, it's a pretty cool tool for playing around with face data.

INFORMATIONS