Starpery.com

Strange discoloration overnight

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
jackwoody22
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Strange discoloration overnight

Post by jackwoody22 »

seagull wrote:Has been noted before that the nature of TPE is to absorb (and diffuse) colors, just takes a while
viewtopic.php?p=1848410#p1848410
has some very useful information :)
Thank you. I think time is all I can try now at this point. I haven't noticed any improvement after:

1. Rubbing toothpaste over a spot and letting it dry.

2. Putting the acne cream and saran wrap on a few spots for 48 hours.

3. Putting paper towels soaked in Odorless Mineral Spirits on her torso for about 24 hours.

I don't see much improvement from anything. I was hoping to find something that worked and then use that method, but I'm kind of at a loss right now. Perhaps all this staining will be absorbed over time...?
Attachments
"Result" after trying toothpaste, acne cream, and OMS so far.
"Result" after trying toothpaste, acne cream, and OMS so far.
IMG_1720.JPG (2.17 MiB) Viewed 224 times

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

I've never experienced staining from genuine leather, however, I made the mistake of putting some shiny stretchy faux leather "wet look" leggings on Hadleigh and it caused deep purple/blackish blue staining identical to what I see in your photos. The effect was immediate- the stains appeared in a matter of seconds and I quickly stripped her down again by cutting the items off with a pair of scissors. I don't whether it was the "wet look" material or the thin fabric lining. Regardless, I'll never attempt to use "wet look" garments on my doll again.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Wow! That's going in my resource file :)

INFORMATIONS