Starpery.com

Platinum silicone repair.

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Re: Platinum silicone repair.

Post by katiesBoyfriend »

Star88 wrote:
This way you are assured of receiving the freshest product available.
Does sealed sil-poxy have a particularly short shelf life?

Checked out the only local agent/supplier for smooth-on and they want $64.00 for a 1/2oz tube 8O Guess when they're the only show in town, they operate like ticket scalpers.
At least there are other options across the country I could order from .
One tube lasts me about a year, which is why I usually order two at a time. That way I won't run out.
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

fxrs789

Post by fxrs789 »

I got the sil poxy and some medical sutures. So far so good. Some of the sutured repairs are a little rough. Any way to smooth out silicone after repairs? I've seen mixable silicone. Anyone tried this? Is there a solvent that would soften the silicone to the point it could be smoothed out post repair?
Thanks to all and Happy New Year!
Of all the things I've lost.....I miss my mind the most...

Kaori Kusanagi

Post by Kaori Kusanagi »

Star88 wrote: the website directed me to the Canadian site, which then directed to approved suppliers, so not really a way to order directly from Smooth-on.
Odd. I've bought directly from them multiple times over the years. This link
https://shop.smooth-on.com/sil-poxy
directly lists the items and prices, and if I add one to my cart, then click the cart icon at the top of the screen, and it takes me to a page where I could checkout and pay. one of each item on the page plus shipping is about $60.

Perhaps their site doesnt' deal with Canada directly and has some internal IP block that redirects you instead? I can't find anything about that, only this:
"Note: Shipments are sent from Macungie, PA and may take more than a week to arrive in some parts of the US. For faster shipping options, consider purchasing from a Local Distributor." where the last two words are a link to a list of sites.

If it doesn't work, you could try this:
Main Phone and Order Desk
(610) 252-5800
or toll-free: (800) 762‑0744

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

fxrs789
Think you're out of luck with Sil-Poxy solvent
Cured adhesive resists weathering, moisture, UV and high temperatures

Possibly some careful fine grit wet abrasion will get rid of any high spots and any low spots can be filled with more Sil-Poxy

Greyling

Buying Sil Poxy.

Post by Greyling »

I got it on Amazon, that was the cheapest place.

INFORMATIONS