Starpery.com

Can't keep the head on...?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
jackwoody22
Active Poster
Active Poster

Can't keep the head on...?

Post by jackwoody22 »

Hi, I cannot keep either of the two heads on the doll. They came with a "pin" where the bottom screws into the neck and then it seems the head should snap onto the top of that "pin", but it won't stay on. I have to keep the doll perfectly still for the head not to fall off.

Am I doing something wrong?
Attachments
IMG_1795.JPG
IMG_1795.JPG (2.68 MiB) Viewed 593 times

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: Can't keep the head on...?

Post by siliconelover »

Is there the correct female connector in the head ?
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

jackwoody22
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jackwoody22 »

siliconelover wrote:Is there the correct female connector in the head ?
Just a hole in the head. Well, to be clearer, if I push the pin into the head, it does seem to snap into place. But when I screw the pin into the next then push the head on, it doesn't hold. It wobbles and falls off if at all given the chance.

JJb_ing

Post by JJb_ing »

viewtopic.php?f=215&t=137155&start=0

There is a detailed answer here by me and other people's advice on head attachment and issues.

Check it out, it starts a couple posts down.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi there, these push fit head bolts require a little adjustment to get them to work. You can either screw the threaded portion into the neck or the head, personally I screw them into the neck. To ensure the bolt doesn't screw down too far into the neck you may need pad out the neck tube with something like a cotton swap as the little ball bearings need to be around 1/2" or more proud of the neck so they can grip inside the head. You will then need to adjust the small grub screws on the push fit end out as far as they go and then adjust them in tiny increments until you are able to push the head on with firm pressure. You should then find the head is held firmly. I have nearly all 20 of my gals with these and they still have the heads attatched!

jackwoody22
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jackwoody22 »

Arthur1960 wrote:Hi there, these push fit head bolts require a little adjustment to get them to work. You can either screw the threaded portion into the neck or the head, personally I screw them into the neck. To ensure the bolt doesn't screw down too far into the neck you may need pad out the neck tube with something like a cotton swap as the little ball bearings need to be around 1/2" or more proud of the neck so they can grip inside the head. You will then need to adjust the small grub screws on the push fit end out as far as they go and then adjust them in tiny increments until you are able to push the head on with firm pressure. You should then find the head is held firmly. I have nearly all 20 of my gals with these and they still have the heads attatched!
I understand all that and will give it a try. Thank you!!

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Nice design but a bit like a car owner having to tune the engine of a new car before it will work properly
Not there yet folks :)

jackwoody22
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jackwoody22 »

jackwoody22 wrote:
Arthur1960 wrote:Hi there, these push fit head bolts require a little adjustment to get them to work. You can either screw the threaded portion into the neck or the head, personally I screw them into the neck. To ensure the bolt doesn't screw down too far into the neck you may need pad out the neck tube with something like a cotton swap as the little ball bearings need to be around 1/2" or more proud of the neck so they can grip inside the head. You will then need to adjust the small grub screws on the push fit end out as far as they go and then adjust them in tiny increments until you are able to push the head on with firm pressure. You should then find the head is held firmly. I have nearly all 20 of my gals with these and they still have the heads attatched!
I understand all that and will give it a try. Thank you!!
Seems to have worked! I cut off the top portion of a tampon- the cylindrical shape and size were a perfect fit for the well in the neck. Then I screwed in the pin as far as it would go, nice and tight, and then snapped the head on. Seems to be holding.

It also seems that one of the heads is a tighter grip on the pin than the other. I'm considering wrapping a strip of duct tape around the pin to make it thicker. For now, I'll see if things work fine as is.

Thanks again, friend!

jackwoody22
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jackwoody22 »

jackwoody22 wrote:It also seems that one of the heads is a tighter grip on the pin than the other. I'm considering wrapping a strip of duct tape around the pin to make it thicker. For now, I'll see if things work fine as is.
Happy to report I did just that and it seems to be a good, snug fit now. Just posting this in case someone in the future comes across and wants to know about this idea.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

XYcolo were correct in stating they make dolls, not precision instruments :)

INFORMATIONS