Starpery.com

Woops...we had a little accident!!!

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Tighes
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Woops...we had a little accident!!!

Post by Tighes »

Morning all.

We had a little accident last night.

I was moving Elle last night and was carrying her to another room and I tripped on a cord and we both went for a tumble. Unfortunately because of this, her poor head hit a door frame and is now quite wobbly!! Feels like something is broken as her head feels like it won’t stay straight.

Any ideas on what might be the problem. Broken neck bit. The bolt into her head is OK, so I’m thinking a bit further down.

Any ideas???

Cheers
Tighes

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Woops...we had a little accident!!!

Post by Arthur1960 »

Oh dear, poor Elle, does she have a goose neck or hinged neck? I know with damaged goose necks folk have sometimes been able to insert some rod into the goose neck to add strength, I think I've seen a thread somewhere. If she had a hinged neck then it could be something has broken and would no doubt need a bit of surgery to fix.

Tyr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tyr »

Havelock Ellis It might be helpful.
I have some permatex ready to inject into her gooseneck but haven't got a roundtuit. So that's something that is outstanding. Otherwise the repair is good. Ami can hold her head up although she creaks from time to time. Much better than before.

Tyr
“We’ve always been vulnerable. Every day you go out the house, you’re vulnerable. You’re inches from diving under a bus or somebody hitting you over the head for your money. Nothing is safe. Everybody seems to be obsessed with safety. Well, nothing is safe, okay? Nothing! Make the most of it while you’re safe now. You won’t be tomorrow, maybe.”
The Late, Great, Ian Fraser Kilminster.

My 'e' key is getting sticky, so now and thn words may look a bit odd.

Tighes
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Tighes »

Arthur1960 wrote:Oh dear, poor Elle, does she have a goose neck or hinged neck? I know with damaged goose necks folk have sometimes been able to insert some rod into the goose neck to add strength, I think I've seen a thread somewhere. If she had a hinged neck then it could be something has broken and would no doubt need a bit of surgery to fix.
That I’m not sure about. Feeling down at the base of her neck I can feel a bolt head so would that indicate anything?? I’m not familiar with the WM skeleton as much as a KimberDoll so hopefully the bolt may mean something. I’m searching online for a pic of the 157 skeleton.

Tighes

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Well if Elle has a WM157b bod from the last year or so she most likely has a hinged neck, see attached pics of the latest Jinsan/WM skeleton with a close up of the neck section. The other brand you have only uses goose necks as far as I recall so you should have felt a difference between that one and Elle. Without seeing the damage I can only guess at what's broken in the hinge section of the neck but maybe you can feel through the tpe using the pic as a guide? Good luck!
Attachments
IMG_20210205_005644.jpg
IMG_20210205_005644.jpg (562.35 KiB) Viewed 481 times
IMG_20210205_004733.jpg
IMG_20210205_004733.jpg (78.05 KiB) Viewed 481 times

Tighes
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Tighes »

Arthur1960 wrote:Well if Elle has a WM157b bod from the last year or so she most likely has a hinged neck, see attached pics of the latest Jinsan/WM skeleton with a close up of the neck section. The other brand you have only uses goose necks as far as I recall so you should have felt a difference between that one and Elle. Without seeing the damage I can only guess at what's broken in the hinge section of the neck but maybe you can feel through the tpe using the pic as a guide? Good luck!
Thanks for that Arthur. Looking at that shot, I’d say yes it’s a hinged neck. Mine doesn’t have shrugging shoulders though. I’m going to put her under the knife to get a better look. The good thing with that is I’ll cut into the back of her neck and afterwards seal it up with the 3M primer adhesive. I’ve had good results with that playing around with my rescue/repair testing doll. At least in the back of her neck, her will cover up any scars.
I’ll get some photos when I’m doing it.

Thanks again
Tighes.

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Zippy81 »

My Taylors neck broke one day just trying to position her head. Turns out it was caused from her falling on her shoulder /neck area two different times within the first year of her being with me. Just didnt know the true damage that had happened until that moment. Chances are you might end up facing something similar. I fixed her neck by inserting a wooden dowel in the "spring area" and reinforcing it with apoxy. worked good.
Taylor Broke Neck.jpg
Taylor Broke Neck.jpg (437.97 KiB) Viewed 412 times

YungSynth
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by YungSynth »

oh no :(

dolls and their Achilles' Neck..

We're wishing you the best of luck, and Elle a speedy recovery! bit of a reminder to everyone to scan your path for cords and other trip hazard, for sure! O_O

Studio
Asst. Manager - TDF
Asst. Manager - TDF

Post by Studio »

Sorry to hear about this, I know you take such good care of your girls. Hope the repair goes well.

Tighes
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Tighes »

Just an update.
I’ve been playing around with Elle’s head and it proberbly not as bad as I thought. Moving her head around it is a bit notchy in places but she still has full rotation and can hold a poses in different directions. So with that, I’m going to leave it as it is for now. I’d rather not have to cut her open and as her head still moves, rotates and bends in pretty much all directions, I’m happy with that.
If it decides to get any worse, then I might have to look at it, but for now, I’ll just leave well enough alone!!

Thanks for all your ideas and feedback and asking how I was.....I fell onto her so she is a pretty good cushion.... :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

INFORMATIONS