Starpery.com

Any ideas on how to remove stubborn stains from TPE?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
catnap

Any ideas on how to remove stubborn stains from TPE?

Post by catnap »

I have a doll that has been sitting around for a while because she is badly stained with brown carpet dye in spots. I received her in trade over a year ago, and none of the cleaners I've tried have worked including TPE cleaners from two different suppliers, Arm and Hammer toothpaste, and even peroxide. Her former owner stored her in his photography room in her box, on the carpet. You guessed it - the TPE leached right through the box.

If there are no cleaners that will work, what would be the best make up to try and cover up the blemishes for photography purposes? Powder? Some sort of liquid foundation? Thanks for reading this and any ideas you might have.

GYOWWAD

Re: Any ideas on how to remove stubborn stains from TPE?

Post by GYOWWAD »

I used Amazon Brand - Solimo Daily Acne Control Cleanser, Maximum Strength 10% Benzoyl Peroxide to remove green stains from my doll. I applied thoroughly, massaged in, left in for a day and a half, wiped down with damp towel, then repeated all again. Worked for me...
My one and only: Ekaterina

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Crap! Sounds as though this is a stain that has gone quite deep into the doll and not a surface stain that is going to disappear naturally into the TPE

The following link may or may not be of much help with such deep staining
viewtopic.php?p=1853287#p1853287

ashleighb
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by ashleighb »

Hmmm the Brand - Solimo Daily Acne Control Cleanser definitely should help. thanks for the info Gyowwad

Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

I stained an entire body of a doll not long ago, used about half a tube of WalMart brand (equate) acne cream w/10% Benzoyl Peroxide and in two days it was gone.
She now smells like the stuff.
It sounds like the OP’s situation is a very deep, long duration staining event.
Although it may seem hopeless, I would bet that with some perseverance and patience it will eventually disperse.

FP

ChaseroftheSun
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ChaseroftheSun »

I bought this new black teddy from China for Kayla (which looked so hot on her); but I totally forgot to wash it! - As I usually soak something like this (as I'll bet you do as well); in vinegar & wash the heck out of it! ...But as you can see Kayla skin did not like it at all!
However yes as most of you know already something with at least 5% benzyl peroxide works amazing as you can see. Whew! (I applied this 3 times a day for only 4 days.)
Then I regularly give her baby oil & baby powder.

catnap

Post by catnap »

Thanks to all of you for the replies. I will try your ideas out and see what works for me. If I have success I'll post here when I do to let you all know what worked.

INFORMATIONS