sexyrealsexdolls.com

taming static

Wigs, replacement eyebrows and eyelashes, and other hair related items.
ratfink
Active Poster
Active Poster

taming static

Post by ratfink »

I got my first doll with three wigs. I can only get one of them to be remotely usable because the wigs hair is uncontrollable with static pulling the strands everywhere. if I lightly wet the wig it helps a little for a couple minutes, but then it dries off and goes back to crazy. Any suggestion for things to curb the static?

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: taming static

Post by Mr Franz »

A fine mist of water with a tiny bit of fabric softener in it helps as does a good anti-static wig brush. :wink:

serge
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by serge »

Hello !!

I had the same problem !!

I now use a "wild boar bristle brush" and every things is fine !! no more static and it's even better to care about wigs of poor quality before wigs were loosing lots of hair during brushing !! but with this one it's ok !!
Just my humble contribution ! :oops:

gary399932
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by gary399932 »

I have no experience with dolls yet, but just from the perspective of classical physics: Maybe ground your doll? lol

What I mean is find something big and metal in your house, and just lean her up against it for a bit. Maybe let the wig touch too, since the excessive electrons could be coming from her or the wig. It doesn't even have to be a "grounded" thing, if its large enough. You should notice the static dying as her excessive electrons run away to the metal thing.

I'm sure the static would accumulate again if you allow her or the wig to rub up against things in the house too much. So maybe there's some sort of oil treatment others can recommend to reduce friction on her skin.

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Post by katiesBoyfriend »

Many years ago, back in the Cretaceous Era, LPs (remember them?) were widely available in stores. Because of how the sound was recorded on them, and how they were played, dust in the grooves was a major problem.

One way of reducing that dust was by use of an anti-static gun. Charging the disk prevented dust from being attracted to the vinyl.

I don't know if they're still available, but using one of those on a wig might be helpful.
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

ratfink
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ratfink »

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll have to try some of them. I did read somewhere else that using dryer sheets—just smoothing them over the hair—might work.

DollLyfe

Post by DollLyfe »

katiesBoyfriend wrote:Many years ago, back in the Cretaceous Era, LPs (remember them?) were widely available in stores. Because of how the sound was recorded on them, and how they were played, dust in the grooves was a major problem.

One way of reducing that dust was by use of an anti-static gun. Charging the disk prevented dust from being attracted to the vinyl.

I don't know if they're still available, but using one of those on a wig might be helpful.
LOL, the Cretaceous era. That's a good one.
Alyson: 6YE Amor 162cm B-Cup #N13 viewtopic.php?f=87&t=119805
Veronica: 6YE Amor 162cm B-Cup #N68 https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=121630
Jennifer: Entity 153cm E-cup WM#85 head viewtopic.php?f=87&t=119363
Summer: SiliDoll 135cm https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1#p1609591
Natsuki: SMDoll 149B #37 viewtopic.php?f=269&t=122576

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

I just spray fabric softener... :angel:
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

Frozen+
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Frozen+ »

I just used a light spray of Static Guard- helped with static and detangling and I haven't noticed any negatives.

dbenzguy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by dbenzguy »

This conditioner (they also have one for human hair) is fairly reasonably priced and works miracles. It also smell really nice!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HASV13A/

SharkLasers
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by SharkLasers »

OMG! I'm not the OP, but thanks for the suggestions! I wouldn't have thought to use fabric softener or dryer sheets! Brilliant! Also, will try looking into the boat brush suggestion, as I have a couple spares from shaving kits. :D
Proud newbie owner of my Kimber Doll, Heather Jade!
viewtopic.php?f=489&t=139797

INFORMATIONS