Starpery.com

Before I put her in the dumpster... (updated with images)

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Solimentus
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Before I put her in the dumpster... (updated with images)

Post by Solimentus »

...I need to write this as a last resort.

First of all, I am extremely conscious of my fault; even when the guys from Silicone Lovers warned me, I used a new skirt which was never washed. And I left my doll sit, with the skirt on...

I tried soap&water, mineral oil (baby oil), petroleum jelly, but nothing will remove those stains on the TPE.

I am heartbroken, and more due to the fact that it was just negligence from my side.

Almost $1700 spoiled by my idiocy.

Any help, advice... whatever, will be welcome. Even if it can be sold or given away...

I don't know what to do yet, but I am seriously considering dumping her. To be 100% honest, from an aesthetic point of view, that is horrendous, and I doubt I can ever "use" her again.

She arrived home March 30th, not even a month has passed since that. :cry: I was truly happy.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Yesterday night
Yesterday night
IMG_6597.jpeg (2.58 MiB) Viewed 2788 times
Yesterday night
Yesterday night
IMG_6596.jpeg (2.31 MiB) Viewed 2788 times

HappyWabbit
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Before I put her in the dumpster...

Post by HappyWabbit »

If she’s Silicone the stain will eventually come out on its own
If she’s TPE someone else will have to chime in

amytyl
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by amytyl »

Please post pictures, most stains can be removed, fade or disguised. Let us help you help her.
For more pics of my beautiful companions see: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14498

Hershey lee
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Hershey lee »

You gonna throw her out over a stain?? 8O that sounds a lil extreme :?

Solimentus
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Solimentus »

amytyl wrote:Please post pictures, most stains can be removed, fade or disguised. Let us help you help her.
Sorry, I was uploaded pictures but the wrong way. Now I've updated the post. Thanks.
Hershey lee wrote:You gonna throw her out over a stain?? 8O that sounds a lil extreme :?
Well, maybe sell her... She still can be used as model I presume... I am not in the mood to do that myself though :( (at least today)

Solimentus
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Solimentus »

HappyWabbit wrote:If she’s Silicone the stain will eventually come out on its own
If she’s TPE someone else will have to chime in
TPE.

Fallman68

Re: Before I put her in the dumpster... (updated with images

Post by Fallman68 »

You might try saturating the area with liquid foundation of the same color or powdering the area with foundation of same color and misting it with baby oil. A few times of that might cover the area enough to camouflage it back to appearing unstained. I would try using pimple cream or toothpaste like others have done first though to get rid of stains as much as possible first. You can search the forum to find posts on those methods.

Nice bottom on that doll, wish you luck!

slvstake

Post by slvstake »

A few threads I've read have suggested using acne cream with 10% benzoyl peroxide and rubbing a generous amount in the area of the stain, then leaving it on overnight. They said it could take several applications. You might want to search for the subject. I can't rightly remember the exact threads.

Boopi
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Boopi »

Hi Solimentus, don't be so disperate, yes your doll looks sad today, but a lot of possibilities exist to reduce and even cover the damage done.
I am not experienced enough to be able to help you directly, but multiple posts on the forum will help you to learn and cover most of the possibilities.

All the solution is in the TPE material itself. Here follows some ways for you.

-As a first step, You may be able to drain the color from the tpe using some chimistry. To know more about it, just post an explicite topic about 'how to remove a nasty Black Stain from TPE Doll', the community will direct you to the right knowledge.
-The second step is to paint the remaining stains, if relevant, with oil based color pigment. The best ones in your case should be some Oil alimentary color pigment powder for backery, applied directly as a powder, then heated with a heat gun.
-Most of those processes are detailed in the TDF forum, some experienced members have already experienced those processes and shared with us.

So, don't be disperate, just go on and fixe it with the help of the community.
My Dolls :
Momoiro (Rose) 6YE 165b + Hermina Head
Kanmi (Sweet) XY 140b + Head WM98

My Dolls Photo Gallery

Fr0stByte
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Fr0stByte »

With a decent stain remover and some elbow grease it will come out. I did a similar thing to my 166C had her in dark blue Under Armor shorts and sports top. The shorts stained her all around. I got some stain remover from my vendor (won't do that again as there are some good recommendations here and cheaper!) but it did work took a bit but it does eventually come out.
Ladies:
Kitty - PipeDream Ultimate Fantasy Dolls
Wynter - WM166CM + 277 Head
Kizuna - Smart Doll - Her Thread: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 4&t=121837
Haruka - Smart Doll
Nao - DollHouse 168 - 80cm Elf - Her Thread: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 3&t=129287
Haruko - Elsa Babe - 102cm LB

Enchanted
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Enchanted »

I should be sick as well if happend.

I read somewhere that you can mix and smear baking soda and toothpaste and leave it on overnight.
Can someone confirm this is ok to do?
The Escapades of Esmee (photo thread):
viewtopic.php?f=113&t=144390
The search and buying your first doll... ideas, tips, the frustrations and all you will go through:
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=140093
Review FutureDoll 163cm:
viewtopic.php?f=584&t=144301
Stained Silicone Doll:
viewtopic.php?f=584&t=144054

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi, I've had a doll sent to me before with stains nearly as bad as that. I used the Jinsan stain remover paste and after a couple of days they were vastly reduced and within a couple of weeks had completely gone.

Solimentus
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Solimentus »

Thanks a lot guys: Enchanted, Fr0stByte, Boopi, Lilbitlonely, slvstake and Fallman68, for your answers.

Considering all your advices, I chose and went for Benzoyl Peroxide 10% (acne cream). I have already applied it and waiting for it to start acting. If it doesn't work, I'll try baking soda/H2O2.

Last last resort is to "paint" her with foundation/oil/etc... but I wonder if that could be a permanent solution and won't bleed/fade/etc.

I have learned my lesson the hard way: use only washed out clothes, use underwear to cover any potential dye transferring...

Let's see what happens. My heart is still broken, but at least your messages provided a soothing sensation. Really supporting community. <3

I'll keep updating for results.
Attachments
IMG_0768.jpg
IMG_0768.jpg (267.63 KiB) Viewed 2692 times

Solimentus
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Solimentus »

Arthur1960 wrote:Hi, I've had a doll sent to me before with stains nearly as bad as that. I used the Jinsan stain remover paste and after a couple of days they were vastly reduced and within a couple of weeks had completely gone.
Oh Arthur, had not seen your message, thanks a lot.

What is that Jinsan stain remover paste? Where can I buy it? Do you have pictures of your process?

Thanks again!

INFORMATIONS