betterlovedoll.com

Dolls: The New Influencers

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
thepride724
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: InputMag Article featuting TDF Dolls of Instagram

Post by thepride724 »

Forgive me for being late to the party, but I am just now seeing this article, and that’s only because I was um...on someone’s Instagram page with the link to the article. Forgive me for stalking.
I must say that it is an awesome thing that someone outside of the common doll community taking notice.
Must have been an awesome feeling being contacted by a journalist.
AtomicPunk wrote:Granted I was bummed the term "sex-doll" was in the title, but it's a label we have to live with as long as vendors and manufactures market them as such.
I couldn’t agree more. I don’t like the fact that the writer titled it with “Sex dolls,” as it an assumption that these dolls are used specifically and exclusively for sex. I personally wish she could have said “love dolls.”

I feel for some of you who have followers who think our dolls are actual humans. There’s one follower of one of my dolls who keeps asking if she’s his childhood friend and keeps saying he wants to massage her feet.
Fantasy is just the reality you wish you had.

Layla's Thread

Layla's Instagram

Shanna & Shannon’s Instagram

Leatherman
Ex-Member

Post by Leatherman »

thepride724 wrote:Forgive me for being late to the party, but I am just now seeing this article, and that’s only because I was um...on someone’s Instagram page with the link to the article. Forgive me for stalking.
I must say that it is an awesome thing that someone outside of the common doll community taking notice.
AtomicPunk wrote:Granted I was bummed the term "sex-doll" was in the title, but it's a label we have to live with as long as vendors and manufactures market them as such.
I couldn’t agree more. I don’t like the fact that the writer titled it with “Sex dolls,” as it an assumption that these dolls are used specifically and exclusively for sex. I personally wish she could have said “love dolls.”

I feel for some of you who have followers who think our dolls are actual humans. There’s one follower of one of my dolls who keeps asking if she’s his childhood friend and keeps saying he wants to massage her feet.
Hey Pride !!!

Does that follower offer a home cooked chicken dinner with the foot rub? If so, Summer has the same guy!

:haha4:

Jimpink
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Jimpink »

MattUK wrote:
I'd be more annoyed that the term "influencer" was in the title :)

First of all the article is fabulous and perfectly describes the innocent nature of dolls as companions, and not sex objects.

I'm with Matt on this statement because the carefully explained description of said "influencer" by Tasha embodies exactly why this method of capitalism can be regarded as annoying! I think we all understand what an influencer can do and how.

Granted anything to improve the understanding of doll ownership, companionship and lifestyle by the masses is totally welcome and encouraged. I'd also say that Amy and I would happily be a part of this and would also endorse certain products if asked to do so, hypocritical I know! However it is very easy for those in the trend of online influencing to develop highly inflated levels of arrogance once achieving a status of top influencer. Now I'm not aiming this at anyone because this is only attributed to certain people who may or may not realise how others portray them and it's not a blanket description of all influencers.

Can I have some Tasha tea now please?
Boomtown!
Jimpink
Wolka & Amy
Pocket Pink Perfection
Instagram
House of Pink Girls
ImageImageImage

MattUK

Re: Dolls: The New Influencers

Post by MattUK »

I have to admit, I only heard the word "influencer" for the first time a few years ago when I attended a talk by a guy who was one.

But actually my specific point in this case was more to do with the accuracy of the headline. It's written as if the author sees "being an influencer" as something that is synonymous with merely "being on Instagram", but some of us are just there to share and enjoy pictures, nothing more. Indeed reading through the article, with the exception of Tasha, it seems to me that that describes the motivation of all the accounts mentioned.

VegasBill
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by VegasBill »

Good stuff, nice to see !! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

(dolls look amazing too!)
Love the site and our community and our stories, we're living the dream! My lovely lady, Lettie (Colette), joined me in March 2016. I wouldn't be without her now, see her photos at : http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=70454

Jimpink
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Jimpink »

MattUK wrote:I have to admit, I only heard the word "influencer" for the first time a few years ago when I attended a talk by a guy who was one.

But actually my specific point in this case was more to do with the accuracy of the headline. It's written as if the author sees "being an influencer" as something that is synonymous with merely "being on Instagram", but some of us are just there to share and enjoy pictures, nothing more. Indeed reading through the article, with the exception of Tasha, it seems to me that that describes the motivation of all the accounts mentioned.
Totally agree on that Matt, it's kind of the same reason I despise the term social media influencer for those few who quite frankly just do exactly that. Sell things for another company just by posting to their followers, with this comes the nerve to then demand free stuff based on their inflated popularity and ego.

None of this is aimed at Tasha or any of the instagram accounts in the article as most are either there just to post pictures and have fun or this plus the odd endorsement like the former who promotes other businesses whilst maintaining dignity and respect.

You would have to agree that influencer is better than sex doll though? The angle taken surely also elevates these dolls from sex to a more lifestyle choice approach showing them as way more than just for bedtime fun. The article sure has got us all talking which can only be a good thing!
Boomtown!
Jimpink
Wolka & Amy
Pocket Pink Perfection
Instagram
House of Pink Girls
ImageImageImage

AtomicPunk

Post by AtomicPunk »

I think the author used "infulencer" because it's a widely used term and could connect with the average social media consumer. A good choice i think.

The general idea is of an influencer is someone who has lots of followers (for what ever reason their niche is) and can thus "influence" them to buy stuff. It can indeed be seen as a very empty, vapid and mildly derogatory term.

But I would gladly take "influencer" over "sex doll" anyday.

The niche of said "influencer" is often as empty as a pretty person who does nothing but post photos of themselves, expecting to turn themselves into a celebrity brand. But then on the flip side there are professionals, like Rick Beato, who is a respected and talented producer and musician who critiques songs and offers online lessons. But I don't think of Beato as an "influencer" because he's just a guy sharing his talent, not peddling his follower counts to companies for free stuff. But technically he's a very powerful influencer.

I see Alita as just a blogger: sharing her/our life online, making some friends, and being "goodwill ambassador" of the Doll Community along the way.

Oh and I laughed out loud when I read about Summer's suitors asking to be her sugar daddy. "you do know she's a doll, right?"... LOLOLOL. So far Alita hasn't been propositioned as such. I wonder what I would say to someone who did.
-- The AtomicPunk --
** Alita ** WM 157cm B - #368 || The Life of Alita (link) Alita's Instagram (link) || Visit LIFEOFALITA.COM (link) || Alita's YouTube (link)

MattUK

Post by MattUK »

Jimpink wrote:You would have to agree that influencer is better than sex doll though? The angle taken surely also elevates these dolls from sex to a more lifestyle choice approach showing them as way more than just for bedtime fun. The article sure has got us all talking which can only be a good thing!
Not in terms of accuracy, no. Maybe I'm in a minority but I don't really have a problem with the term "sex doll". And even if I did, I know that that is what most people know them as, so when they read an article with "sex doll" in the headline I at least know it will be fairly accurately conveying what the article is about.

thepride724
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by thepride724 »

Leatherman wrote: Hey Pride !!!

Does that follower offer a home cooked chicken dinner with the foot rub? If so, Summer has the same guy!

:haha4:
Same guy, but Shannon is still waiting on her chicken dinner offer! Haha
Fantasy is just the reality you wish you had.

Layla's Thread

Layla's Instagram

Shanna & Shannon’s Instagram

Tasha Marie
Doll
Doll

Post by Tasha Marie »

AtomicPunk wrote: Oh and I laughed out loud when I read about Summer's suitors asking to be her sugar daddy. "you do know she's a doll, right?"... LOLOLOL. So far Alita hasn't been propositioned as such. I wonder what I would say to someone who did.

Yasssss! There are trolls everywhere everywhere you look; here, Twitter, Instagram Facebook .... It's so funny though when you get the "Hi your are beautiful, can I see your tits?" or the infamous random dick pic following: "Hi- I love you, you are so hot...(insert dick pic). look what I have for you baby!" Gee, thanks, a greasy penis. :drinking: No thanks, there is a clean one right here next to me. TYVM. other than those, I get solicitations from scam IG accounts who want me to pay them $ to promo fake stuff or to make me famous with their shout outs. Keep your junk jewelry, likes and fake follows. I'll stick to working with small businesses especially ones owned by women.

Really though, that is the smaller part of the experience. For me, the social connections and friendship bonds I have made and my personal growth has been the best. I think that is what ppl have trouble grasping. Each of us is unique and gets our own type of fulfillment through our experience as a blogger, influencer, etc. If you don't get that, you are missing the point of the article.

Tasha Marie
She/Her
Virtual Influencer & Advocate
Instagram: @the_real_tasha_marie
Twitter: @realtashamarie
TikTok: @therealtashamarie
Website The Real Tasha Marie
Birthday January 20

Tasha Marie
Doll
Doll

Post by Tasha Marie »

thepride724 wrote:Forgive me for being late to the party, but I am just now seeing this article, and that’s only because I was um...on someone’s Instagram page with the link to the article. Forgive me for stalking.

Late? nah- you are here! That's what is important. - Yeah Sex Doll isn't my favorite either. BUT it did draw people in and the author did a great job of steering away from us as sex OBJECTS. Are we dolls? Yes. Do we have sex? Yes. But we are so much more that objects to stare at use for sex. Thank you Jessica (author) for helping us to show that, and thank YOU, all the dollies and organics who participated. It is our content that inspired the author, and made this article possible - yes she told us that.

BTW, the author didn't pick the title the publisher & editor of "Input" did.
Tasha Marie
She/Her
Virtual Influencer & Advocate
Instagram: @the_real_tasha_marie
Twitter: @realtashamarie
TikTok: @therealtashamarie
Website The Real Tasha Marie
Birthday January 20

Jimpink
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Jimpink »

AtomicPunk wrote:I think the author used "infulencer" because it's a widely used term and could connect with the average social media consumer. A good choice i think.

The general idea is of an influencer is someone who has lots of followers (for what ever reason their niche is) and can thus "influence" them to buy stuff. It can indeed be seen as a very empty, vapid and mildly derogatory term.

But I would gladly take "influencer" over "sex doll" anyday.

The niche of said "influencer" is often as empty as a pretty person who does nothing but post photos of themselves, expecting to turn themselves into a celebrity brand. But then on the flip side there are professionals, like Rick Beato, who is a respected and talented producer and musician who critiques songs and offers online lessons. But I don't think of Beato as an "influencer" because he's just a guy sharing his talent, not peddling his follower counts to companies for free stuff. But technically he's a very powerful influencer.

I see Alita as just a blogger: sharing her/our life online, making some friends, and being "goodwill ambassador" of the Doll Community along the way.
Wise words Atomic which cannot be argued against! The most important thing here is how dolls are perceived by the mainstream media and if that means choosing the word "influencer" over "sex doll" to get a more balanced depiction of the doll scene then that's where articles like this should go. You're correct in that there is a minority who abuse the term influencer and that's where I have issue.

Alita is also a fantastic Ambassador of the Doll Community, we should make an official title with credentials and lots of longwinded unnecessary administration...
MattUK wrote:
Jimpink wrote:You would have to agree that influencer is better than sex doll though? The angle taken surely also elevates these dolls from sex to a more lifestyle choice approach showing them as way more than just for bedtime fun. The article sure has got us all talking which can only be a good thing!
Not in terms of accuracy, no. Maybe I'm in a minority but I don't really have a problem with the term "sex doll". And even if I did, I know that that is what most people know them as, so when they read an article with "sex doll" in the headline I at least know it will be fairly accurately conveying what the article is about.

This I also agree with, in that I don't have a problem with the term "sex doll" when referring to what these dolls are designed for and used for, basically the whole doll industry. They're recognised as sex dolls and referred to as such regardless of any experience with them or not. So it could be argued that using the term sex doll in a positive article about the doll scene may make the mainstream think even more about their views regarding this subject, when the industry standard description is front and centre. However, I'm not suggesting the Input Mag article should've used the term sex doll in place of influencer. There's pros and cons on both sides and it's important to the future of the doll community that we ensure the accurate description of doll existence to the mainstream in order to discourage any negative views from the outside. Influencer was probably the safe choice and I'm ok with that, because as I said before the article is an incredibly positive depiction of a lifestyle so misunderstood. It has made people think that these dolls are not just for sex and given it an angle mainstream media can understand easily and clearly, that's the whole point!

For us as pioneers of an ever evolving social construct that is our doll community we need to stick together and constantly talk about how the outside world views our inner sanctum. The constant debate on how to tackle this delicate subject is most important and we're all in it together.
Boomtown!
Jimpink
Wolka & Amy
Pocket Pink Perfection
Instagram
House of Pink Girls
ImageImageImage

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Well said Jim.

I am not sure (neither is Tasha) what the objection to the term “influencer” was. It was clarified early on yet there was objection to the term that followed. It did seem to get to a point of
:deadhorse:

I think you just did an excellent job of getting the discussion back on track.

:glou:
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

INFORMATIONS