Starpery.com

Starpery quality issues

Starpery mission is that"Let robot service to people, and protect people!". We are the manufacturer of TPE doll and silicone doll, based on Huizhou city, China. We are devoting ourself to improve doll apery ability of appearance and movement so that she or he can help more the unable, or the loneliness, or other fans. Wish our doll can bring the funny, service and protection to all human being in future. Website: https://www.starpery.com
Stig123

Starpery quality issues

Post by Stig123 »

From what I can read here on the forum, Starpery has some quality issues with their TPE.

What about the silicone versions? How are they after a few months or more?

Jay1313
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Starpery quality issues

Post by Jay1313 »

I don’t know if they are having same issues with silicone , but I have seen a number of reviews and a few video reviews where the silicone dolls show up with major damage, so tie that to the problems with tpe issues, I’ve decided to stay clear, what’s bad is that they are one company with good sculpting, the heads and bodies look suburb, shame that the quality doesn’t seem to follow that trend.

Don’t get me wrong, all companies can have problems , but starprey seems to have an abundant amount in such little time. I don’t own a starprey , I’m only giving me opinion based on the research I’ve done, reviews, and videos.

sleepyDragon

Post by sleepyDragon »

The "boltless" standing feet aside, I don't have any issues.

Aerith Died
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Aerith Died »

Yea some of the horror stories turned me off. TPE disintegrating immediately is no bueno lol

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

As far as I know this manufacturer makes only silicone dolls, not TPE dolls.

Aerith Died
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Aerith Died »

They def make both. What they don’t make is TPE heads. The base pricing shown is for the Silicone head TPE body.

Caradoc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Caradoc »

What a pity these manufacturing failures . 156 is my choice , but I would only risk a purchase when we don't hear about these manufacturing issues again.

chengsta
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by chengsta »

Dollfriend wrote:As far as I know this manufacturer makes only silicone dolls, not TPE dolls.
they do make tpe bodies.

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

Ok...I stand corrected Yes they do make TPE bodies, I actually knew this at one time cuz I saw a video about it but forgot. :|

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

I have two StarPery's on order. As far as I can see They are stepping up to insure that their quality and quality control is improving. I am in more or less direct contact with them on this matter.
They have assured me these two dolls that will be outstanding.Several issues have come up and in all instances they caught the problem and have or are correcting them.
Everyone has different experiences. I could write a book on bad ones like many here on TDF.
But I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and a pile of money.

Both dolls will be silicone.
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

SkyWalker206

Post by SkyWalker206 »

I paid $ 3,300 for my 169c with below config. I've used it about 20+ times within 3 months.
No major defects like poke through except for some minor tears and privates' paint work faded-way a little
and loose joints.

I think the product is worthy of that money but, yes, their quality improvement still has a long way to go.

Material: Silicone Head + Body
Skin Color: Default
Face: Elizabeth
Eye Color: Blue
Face make up: Default
Eyeball Style: Half Ball Eyes (hard to move)
Hair: implant synthetic hair
Shoulder: shrugging.
Breasts: Jelly
Premium options: blue veins tan Lines
Finger Joints: No - wired fingers
Pubic Hair: #Default: No hair
Vagina: Built-in / fixed vagina
Finger Nail: Red
Toe Nail: Red
Feet: Regular cannot stand

Dreamsc4r
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dreamsc4r »

Also quite happy with my TPE body Silicone head 156 d
No tpe issues. Joints were a bit loose. Be specific when ordering. Body makeup slightly faded. No tears or issue in transport.
Would buy again. Be sure to buy thru a solid vendor such as Jeff @BCD as a bad batch or mix of tpe/silicone can happen to anyone. Thats where you need your vendor to stand up for you.
Review available on my thread
Cheers

Stig123

Post by Stig123 »

I reallu hope the fix the TPE problem and get weight reduction on all the silicone versions because the have such nice dolls.

Colonel Angus
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Colonel Angus »

I'm glad that I'm waiting to make my final order. I'm still very happy that I won a doll from them. And, I'm still very impressed with their sculpts and approach. But, until I see weight reduction in the silicone bodies, the finger-poke issues with the finger skeleton fixed, and a few other minor issues and inconsistencies resolved, I'll continue to wait.
Also, in the interim, more faces and bodies may be released that I may find more appealing.
In short, I think Starpery will eventually move past this rough patch, and work out some of the quality control and design issues, and take their place as a Dollforum favorite. I just hope it is soon enough to mitigate the damage that is being done to their reputation. At least it seems they are trying to do right by those who have received faulty products, and reimburse or make ammendse where possible. Which is more than many companies will do.

Jay1313
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jay1313 »

What’s more troubling is that starprey seems to not even care, these issues have been discussed on the forum for a while now, and they have even bothered to make a statement to address it, doesn’t look good on their part.

Hard to have faith or put trust in a company who seem they could care less about their products or the consumers they sell them to. Shame, cuz I really wanted her …….
Attachments
34D1430E-A42F-48EB-9ADC-AE7CDFF9A913.jpeg
34D1430E-A42F-48EB-9ADC-AE7CDFF9A913.jpeg (187.84 KiB) Viewed 3944 times

INFORMATIONS