Starpery.com

Amongst all the tpe quality issues, how’s the silicone?

Starpery mission is that"Let robot service to people, and protect people!". We are the manufacturer of TPE doll and silicone doll, based on Huizhou city, China. We are devoting ourself to improve doll apery ability of appearance and movement so that she or he can help more the unable, or the loneliness, or other fans. Wish our doll can bring the funny, service and protection to all human being in future. Website: https://www.starpery.com
Jay1313
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Amongst all the tpe quality issues, how’s the silicone?

Post by Jay1313 »

Im sure we’ve all heard about the quality issues about their tpe blend and also the defects amongst both tpe and silicone dolls upon arrival in some of the reviews that are out there, I wonder about quality of their actual silicone material, has anyone experienced the same issues with quality as their tpe has been having? Such has cracking and deteriorating? If anyone who owns their silicone dolls for a fair amount of time could share their experience, it will be much appreciated.

ArchieTheBald
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Amongst all the tpe quality issues, how’s the silicone?

Post by ArchieTheBald »

Just got my 171A today. It's my first doll so I have no basis of comparison but based on some of the issues I've seen posted regarding the Starpery dolls I would say it looks like they are doing a pretty good job with their silicone bodies, at least in terms of initial quality. I obviously can't speak to long-term quality. Other than a couple of very minor indentations and a little bump of extra silicone there were no issues.

Unfortunately I have managed to do a bit of damage to both hands and an elbow due to my inexperience handling dolls which I will have to fix, but I can't blame Starpery for that. I do think that they, and other doll manufacturers, should give and option of coating the hands and feet with something to protect them. I don't need the hands to be that soft. I'd rather they be harder but stronger. Same for standing feet.

I hope to post a review of the doll this weekend and will give more detail there.

Jay1313
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jay1313 »

Thanks for your input Archie, I’m sorry to here about the elbow and hands, although many of the reviews I’ve came across a high amount say that they’ve received the doll with hand punctures , seems like it’s either like you stated hands are to soft or just a packing and shipping issue, non the less , your response is much appreciated, thanks again.

ArchieTheBald
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ArchieTheBald »

Jay1313 wrote:Thanks for your input Archie, I’m sorry to here about the elbow and hands, although many of the reviews I’ve came across a high amount say that they’ve received the doll with hand punctures , seems like it’s either like you stated hands are to soft or just a packing and shipping issue, non the less , your response is much appreciated, thanks again.
I inspected them when I unboxed her and they were fine so there were no packaging or shipping issues. The problem is just that it is very easy to damage the hands. The elbow wouldn't normally be an issue I just made a dumb mistake by having her standing with her arms on a table but I actually had a lot more of her weight than I realized on one elbow (and on a hard surface).

sirdave62
Former Member

Post by sirdave62 »

Archie,

If you haven't already checked my Hedy 171C review, I had almost identical experiences to yours.

Some were my own fault, but the problem with the articulated fingers is the very soft silicone and the design of the "finger bones".

Starpery, WM and others use a hand skeleton comprised of thin copper rods with a square cross section; many edges than can cause splits or tears in the soft silicone. Also, some of the fingers were not centered in the finger molds and are closer to the inside surface of the fingers; you can actually see this under the right lighting conditions.

I understand some other manufacturers use rounded metal tubes or rods with rounded tips; this should be standard as it would address the issues we and many others have experienced with Starpery's articulated fingers.

INFORMATIONS