Starpery.com

deep crease around elbow :(

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
curious_person
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

deep crease around elbow :(

Post by curious_person »

not fatal , i can find poses that hide it but..
I've ended up with a deep crease around the elbow after leaving her stood against a wall with her arm folded upward:
Any advice?
For the moment i'm leaving the area soaked in vaseline (some say to try oil). I should wait a week or so?
I figure in the worst case.. it's a case of hinding it with a long sleeve top, just posing it where it can't be seen, but I figure it might be fixable with some melting. That would probably leave a scar, but it wouldn't be as bad as this deep crease :(
IMG_3662 3.jpeg
IMG_3662 3.jpeg (1.32 MiB) Viewed 309 times
what it looks like bent 90degrees (the injury happened from being bent further)
IMG_3661 2.jpeg
IMG_3661 2.jpeg (1.28 MiB) Viewed 309 times

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: deep crease around elbow :(

Post by Mr Franz »

Doesn't look too bad. I'd just leave it alone. Creases like that usually work themselves out. Best to leave the doll in a neutral position when standing for extended periods though, with the arms and legs straight.

AtomicPunk

Post by AtomicPunk »

Mr Franz wrote:Doesn't look too bad. I'd just leave it alone. Creases like that usually work themselves out. Best to leave the doll in a neutral position when standing for extended periods though, with the arms and legs straight.
no worries. in time, creases smooth out. alita had a crease on her hand when she was shipped and it went away in a few weeks.
-- The AtomicPunk --
** Alita ** WM 157cm B - #368 || The Life of Alita (link) Alita's Instagram (link) || Visit LIFEOFALITA.COM (link) || Alita's YouTube (link)

curious_person
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by curious_person »

Mr Franz wrote:Doesn't look too bad. I'd just leave it alone. Creases like that usually work themselves out. Best to leave the doll in a neutral position when standing for extended periods though, with the arms and legs straight.
thanks for the reassurance.. I've had milder creases (from less extreme fold) work themselves out as you say. and yeah.. the way this happened, really I should have known..

curious_person
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by curious_person »

Can't remember when specifically.. but this has indeed worked itself out by now, it certainly took longer than a week but probably not more than 1 month

INFORMATIONS