betterlovedoll.com

Doll question- Waist size

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
browndoll
Active Poster
Active Poster

Doll question- Waist size

Post by browndoll »

Not sure where to post this. Can someone tell me what's a realistic waist size for petite woman?

I'm looking at this doll here. https://sexdollcanada.com/collections/y ... -head-a-yl

I used to own https://sexdollcanada.com/collections/b ... runette-wm
but I got rid of her. The waist was too small and she was very skinny.

The YL doll in the first link has even a smaller waist (16). My issue is I cant find any proper fitting clothes for these dolls, even if I order smallest size. They are way too loose. I googled to look this up and 24 seems to be the average waist size for a skinny woman. Please help with answers, thanks.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Doll question- Waist size

Post by Mr Franz »

You're right, most smaller dolls have really tiny waists. Some of the larger ones too. That was my issue 4 years ago when I was looking for a doll. They do that to keep the weight down I suppose, but it makes finding proper fitting clothes a real bitch! You're either stuck with kids sizes or have to learn to do alterations, which is really not all that difficult.

The most realistically proportionated petite doll I found was the one I ended up getting, WM's 125cm. She has a 21.5" waist. That's a bit fuller than many larger dolls. Heavy too because of it at 50+ lbs. She's very similar to the 150 slim you had, but with fuller waist and shorter legs.

Out_Of_Sync
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Out_Of_Sync »

I now try to avoid dolls with waists smaller that 24".
Jiusheng-Doll 163F with "Evelyn" Head
SM Doll 160f Silicone with heads 11 (Alice), 60 (Sydney), X2 (Jasmine), X8 ?
Private Island Beauties TPE Island Girls Eden, Hope, Isabella, Mina & Ellowyn
SM Doll 149b #56 "Angélique"
SM Doll 156c Riley (X8)
SM Doll 168c Cherry (102)
Kristi (32)
SM Doll 168c Lisa (X8)
SM Doll 168c Keri (X10)
WMDoll 170D 356 (Vix)
XYDoll 163c in white TPE Misa (Victoria)
Don't let the doll overlords kill your buzz.

Beardo822

Post by Beardo822 »

I've got a YL141 (see my signature) and yes, the waist is very tiny - I can put my hands around it and touch thumbs and middle fingers - but she does fill out quickly and nicely at the hips. You're gonna have to shop for girls clothes in the 5-6X size range depending on how stretchy the material is.
You can find stuff if you look hard enough.
These pants are a girls size 6 I found at Walmart for like $10. The top is a girls undershirt but I can't remember the size. Probably XS.
153 black pants.jpeg
153 black pants.jpeg (4.31 MiB) Viewed 630 times
I tend to go to thrift stores because there is such variety and the prices are great.
Feel free to PM if you have any questions!

J_Kezz

Post by J_Kezz »

Out_Of_Sync wrote:I now try to avoid dolls with waists smaller that 24".
I've always done this, mainly cuz I had a difficult time finding adult clothing I liked that fit anything smaller.

@browndoll I've been looking at a lot size charts, and 21-22" waist was about the lowest I could find for adult sizes. Not a lot of clothing choices for that, though. In fact, a lot of size charts have women's size 0 listed with 24-25" measurements. If I wanted what I considered realistically petite, I'd probably go with something closer to that latter range.

browndoll
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by browndoll »

Thanks for the input everyone. Lets see what I can do.

Nickartdude67
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Nickartdude67 »

My girl has a 18.5 waist that goes up to a full 36 inches at the hips. Wich means that most small sizes will fit her better around the hips than the waist. Now I mostly get her bottoms in the smallest sizes that stretch even her tops I buy size small as long as they are stretchy. I think its more important to pay attention to the cut of the pieces you buy. For example if I'm going to buy her jeans they will undoubtedly have to be a hip huggers cut as opposed to a high waisted cut.
Nick The Albanian Doll Guru

Werl193
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Werl193 »

dam the issue with the clothing haha i never get it right either lol

INFORMATIONS