betterlovedoll.com

need help regarding how to import a doll to germany

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
jpmorgan
Active Poster
Active Poster

need help regarding how to import a doll to germany

Post by jpmorgan »

hi there,

need some help and suggestions here. I'm currently studying in Germany and would really like to buy a mechadoll or a realdoll. Problem is, it's really expensive over here. So my only alternative is to buy a used one from a forum member. But since i'm very much a newbie, I don't know how do people do that. I read somewhere about broker's fees and tax and customs...but I still don't understand fully what I really need to do.
Has anyone tried to importing a doll to Germany from outside Europe?

Any help or suggestions are very much appreciated. Thanks for reading.

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

jpmorgan, welcome to the Doll Forum. Vanessa's site below, would be a good one to view. This site goes into details about customs and importing a doll into Germany etc. Hopefully it will not be as awkward, for you. Vanessa is a member and moderator here.

http://www.vanessa-realdoll.de.vu/
Traceter and me have bonded. It happened quite magically when I looked into her eyes about 8 0'clock this evening; 12th August 2020. She looked at me, and even seem to regard me. No longer did she look through me or past me. Just like in AI, Traceter has imprinted herself on me. And how I welcome, SO MUCH, this!

Angelina
Doll
Doll

Post by Angelina »

Vanessa's little sister posting here... :P

Like Raysmod said, my sister's website is a good ressource of information, also concerning the customs odyssey. Now legally it's no problem to import whatever doll to Germany (as long as she's no kiddie doll). As for the customs officer part involved, prepare for stupid guys that don't get their own custom rules, and prepare for harassment and stupid looks. In the end, they are corrupted waylayers, means they just want your money...

Now big sis Vanessa was a new doll, shipped by Abyss, using Seko Worldwide. My friend had the Seko boys handle import for a reasonable fee, and the only problem (see above) was they didn't know if they have to declare her as a "doll", or as "silicone", with big sis being a "silicone doll". If you want to import pre-owned, maybe my website is an even better tip. Not that I was pre-owned, but I was shipped by Tabo, meaning by a private person too, not by a company...

If this is better advice for your situation, go to http://www.angelina-tsai.de.vu and have a look at my customs odyssey. If you import from a private person, you will most likely have to go to the customs station yourself to clear customs for her. In this case, do a copy of your bank account showing the total sum of the purchase, and prepare for waylayers and harassment as well.

jpmorgan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jpmorgan »

thanx guys...

but just a question, is there a middle man who does this stuff..?

and what's a broker?

btw, I don't own a car, so transporting would be difficult, nor do I have a driving license..and mechadoll are quite a weight to consider

any suggestion is very much appreciated..

thanx again.

noquiexis
Former Member

Hard Decisions

Post by noquiexis »

jpmorgan,

You stated that:
1. you are currently studying in Germany
2. you don't own a car
3. you do not have a driver's license

If you are not going to stay in Germany, it might be best to wait until you get back home to purchase your doll. Some owners have grown very attached to their doll, and would be hard pressed to give her or him up, regardless of the circumstance.

If you do manage to get a doll in Germany, and then move to another country after your studies are complete, you will be faced with the prospect of having to ship the doll back home.

Assuming that you are a university student, there are more important 'life' issues at hand. Can you afford all of this and still survive? I would caution you to exercise good judgement in these matters.

Perhaps you would do better with a more 'mobile' (easily transported) doll to hold you over until you get settled. There is also the possibility that you might meet someone that you like a lot, and they might not accept that you have a doll. This would be problematic.

I have made many, many mistakes in my youth. The consecquences of some are still with me now. Please understand that I am not trying to talk you out of buying the doll that you want. I am only concerned for your welfare.

I hope you make the right choice.
noquiexis
Arana ( RealDoll Face 8 Body 8 ), Lothlorien ( Matt Krivicke Doll Pixie head ) and Zanthia ( Matt Krivicke Doll Yvette ) exist only in my imagination

"To me the meanest flower that blows can give
Thoughts that do often lie too deep for tears."
William Wordsworth

Yorkie
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Yorkie »

Hi , Mechadoll are based in France and customs are no problem if ordering from UK so maye the same for Germany? I you fancy a 4woods doll you could order from Doll Story also in France.

jpmorgan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jpmorgan »

thanks for your advice guys.

i don't think i'll go back to my country in the near future, becoz importing a doll is forbidden. The customs are strict. mayb i end up working here.

But I do have the financial means to support myself and to purchase the doll. Thanks for your concern noquiexis. I've been saving up.

regarding that special someone, i've had had a few. But as RGs are unpredictable in nature, I've had had problems that eventually lead to our demise in the relationship.

But in case im buying one, i just need more information regarding a 'broker', what do they do and their fees.

hope somebody can help. ur help is very much appreciated.

Bronwen
Ex-Member

Post by Bronwen »

If buying a RealDoll directly is too complicated or unnerving you can use one of their affiliates (see Doll Locations) on their website. World of Erotik in Germany offers an excellent door-to-door personal delivery service which covers all duties and taxes. It's not the cheapest way to go but it's the easiest. As far as I know Mechadolls are now being made in Europe so they shouldn't be too hard to get...

lolipop

Post by lolipop »

@jpmorgan

sent you a message.

INFORMATIONS