www.wmdolls.com

Meet Nefertari, my open source robot project based on MK-175

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
Skitarii_Arugh

Meet Nefertari, my open source robot project based on MK-175

Post by Skitarii_Arugh »

Hi guys and dolls,

my name is Arugh, I am a tech enthusiast and a tinker.

I have this idea for to build an open-source companion ai/intimacy robot.
Below are the photos (sorry for the quality) of my charming Nefertari, she is a permanent WIP, if you are interested I will post more as I advance - next stage will be installing a passive interaction system, involving an Arduino and a few sensors (IR for motion detection, hall effect) and outputs (speakers, heater, vibrating motors).

Link to my album:
https://ibb.co/album/z6n2fv

The goals for the project are: Open-source, affordable, upgrade-able, sturdy, portable.

Open-source: Because privacy matters. This project will include a software component, mainly an AI that will run on an Android phone or a Linux PC and interface with a logic board installed inside the doll through wi-fi or Bluetooth.
Affordable: my goal is to keep the total price under 500$ Cad, 300$ Cad being optimal.
Upgrade-able: If someone wants to add elf ears, tail, wings, whatever, it should be easy.
Sturdy: Even Silicone deteriorates with time, collects scratches and loses coloring, TPE is even worse when it comes to aging. Polyethylene is medically safe and can last longer, scratches and discolorations are easier to fix.
Portable: Most dolls are heavy, polyethylene is light, thus easier to pose; also, you can disassemble her body and fit it in a suitcase for moving.

So far, the costs are:

1 X MK-175 (about a 100 $CAD on Amazon, linked below)
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B072M9 ... =UTF8&th=1
2 X PVC pipes 1/2'' = 5$
2 X Box of 100 screws = 8$
1 X Toy for shoulder joints = 4$
1 X Set of nipples = 10$
1 X Stroker sleeve = 15$
1 X Wig = 10$

Total = 152$, round to 160$.

Would love to hear your opinion on this, also, can someone please tell me how to upload images?
Have a nice day you all!

Joe 90
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Meet Nefertari, my open source robot project based on MK-175

Post by Joe 90 »

That's a great effort. I would probably post this also in the inventors section viewforum.php?f=6
And the Robotic and AI dolls in general section later if you get the AI system working. viewforum.php?f=587
Where your creation will be appreciated and get more views.
The Puppeteer...
Daniella jiggle wiggle.. :puppydogeyes:

viewtopic.php?p=2144328#p2144328

Aiko my anime girl..
viewtopic.php?t=115753

ZombieWinter
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ZombieWinter »

To upload photos you need to have 5 mod approved posts. At this time you have 2. Keep posting updates and you'll be there in no time! :)
FOR SALE: (PARODY) viewtopic.php?t=146954

ElsaBabe silicone 150 + RHB009, JM Doll silicone Tree Elf AIO, EX silicone 145 + Lilith + Youyi, EX silicone 158 + Kayla + Penny, Sanhui silicone 168 + #12, Starpery silicone 156 + Cynthia, PIB silicone Spinner Cello Shelby, WM TPE 165-D gel, Zelex silicone 155 + GE41 + GE44 + GE45 + GE52, Zelex silicone 147 Premium Series + GD53

PopTarts

Post by PopTarts »

Following this closely, as I was thinking about heading towards this direction in general, though I'd stay with TPE or Silicone due to realistic appearances and feel. You might want to consider Silicone and TPE as viable options for your project. Expanding it versus limiting it might generate more traction. Just a thought.
Doll: Eleanor WM Doll 140D / 4ft7 - Head #253

Doll Dreamer

Post by Doll Dreamer »

I agree with PopTarts on the materials to give a realistic appearance and feel. (Beyond the advantages you mention in your goals, Arugh, doll aesthetics are a big factor in attracting either buyers or investors who might want to further finance your project.)

Arugh, have you considered--for a proof of concept--building your initial robot around a smaller form factor, say like a Phicen doll (1:6 scale doll) or a Ball Jointed doll (BJD)? The BJD would have an advantage of an already open skeletal structure you could attach your armatures/devices. It's just a thought, working with a smaller form, perfecting the movements, etc. and then scaling upwards to a life size doll in a later doll concept version.

Good luck with your innovative project. Very ambitious!
-- My Gal --
Alexis WM 156cm D / 20. Alexis' Thread || Alexis' Instagram

zaxdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by zaxdoll »

Maybe a silicone skin (around 1cm thick) can be applied to the structure ?
BTW it is a great idea ;)

James1fun

Post by James1fun »

nice

Skitarii_Arugh

Post by Skitarii_Arugh »

Hello everyone,
Sorry for delay in response!
Having people that appreciate my art is very uplifting,
thank you very much, I am touched by your replies!

@Joe 90,
Thank you for the suggestion of the inventor forums, and the links. Once I install the sensors and the control boards, I will post it there!

@ZombieWinter
Thank you for the explanation. I do not have much time to work on the project (house renovations keep me busy rn) so five posts might take time lol.

@Doll Dreamer
Interseting, I have heard of Phicen doll (and their copycats), you are right about the attractiveness factor. In the future, having partial silicone coverage on parts such as the buttocks, breasts, top of arms and legs would be indeed something to try. I have not looked into silicone molding yet, (what type of silicone to use and such) but it is a future step.
However, I find that working with bigger form factor in the beginning is easier. It is harder to attach controller boards, sensors antennae and batteries to a 1/6 size doll imo.

@Zaxdoll.
Yep, I am thinking about it. Partial coverage at least. Just want to get electronics working first.

@James1Fun
Thank you!

INFORMATIONS