www.wmdolls.com

Did I get scammed?

List of buyer beware warnings and fraud/theft alerts are all posted here.
Forum rules
Do not post unsupported claims regarding people, products, or businesses (Rule 10 of the RoC).
oarkytorky

Did I get scammed?

Post by oarkytorky »

I found a site zlovedolls.com that had a doll that I wanted. I paid around 800 for the doll, and a few hours later, I received a message saying it was out of stock in my country, even though I bought from this vendor partially because it was in stock when I made the selection!

They asked if I wanted to wait like 35 days for the doll to ship from the production factory or "warehouse another doll overseas" <- maybe a language barrier thing, I was not familiar with this expression.

I sent a reply message about an hour after receiving their message inquring about two other locally in-stock dolls on their site – I wanted to make sure they were in stock before I paid a few hundred dollars more. Nobody got back to me, which I assumed was because the person might have been overseas.

Now it's about 26 hours later, and I still have heard nothing. Even worse, the first of the other two dolls I inquired about now says it too is out of stock! I sent a message through the site's chat and another email askng if they could provide my second alternate choice and that I did not mind paying the price difference, but nobody replied.

So my question is whether I have been tricked and am simply out 800 dollars. This is the first time I am purchasing a doll, and I am more than a bit worried, considering that the first time I tried to pay for the original doll, my bank flagged it as a suspicious transaction (which I fixed and now have a significantly lower balance).

Is this normal? Why does planet earth hate me – On an unrelated note, it's going to be like 110 degrees where I live today and I can't take too much stress.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Re: Did I get scammed?

Post by Nescio50 »

I had a quick look at that site. First, quite some childlike dolls, not even teens :thumbs_down:

Apart from that, some dolls/images that we see at many vendors. I'm not sure if it is actually a scam, but I would never buy from them.

If they don't respond, try to get your money back. Did you use PayPal or a CC? Try to get them to refund you.

Please know that all listed manufacturers and vendors at TDF have been vetted, they are trustworthy.

dollNewbe
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dollNewbe »

Unfortunately, there are a lot of scammers or bait-n-switch operations out there. While this is true generally these days, it does seem that the sex doll industry has more than their fair share.

As already noted by Nescio50 and will be noted by likely all who respond to this, you should only deal with reputable vendors/manufacturers that have been well reviewed and/or vetted by folks like those seen here on TDF. Otherwise, you should go into it much like a trip to Vegas, don't spend/bet anymore than you are prepared to lose. Maybe you'll get lucky and hit the jackpot but you can't count on that.

Good luck, hope it turns out well for you.

Qlaire

Post by Qlaire »

One should always check trustpilot first. When a price is too good to be true, then it usually is.

oarkytorky

Post by oarkytorky »

Nescio50 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:16 pm I had a quick look at that site. First, quite some childlike dolls, not even teens :thumbs_down:

Apart from that, some dolls/images that we see at many vendors. I'm not sure if it is actually a scam, but I would never buy from them.

If they don't respond, try to get your money back. Did you use PayPal or a CC? Try to get them to refund you.

Please know that all listed manufacturers and vendors at TDF have been vetted, they are trustworthy.
Thank you very much. I filed a claim with my CC processor...but I may have made the same mistake again by purchasing a doll from this other vendor sydolls.com. I was not aware of that vetted manufacturers link and saw SY dolls being discussed in the forums here, but reading about them, I see some people say they're good and others say they were here before but got removed. Ugh. Thanks again.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

SY got kicked off because they were selling fake WM dolls.
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Friend-21
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Friend-21 »

Hmmm, I am a noob but the site has kinda suspicious prices, which unfortunately has a doll or two that I kinda want, hopefully you can get the doll you ordered or maybe get your money back. Either way keep us up to date friend.
Mishima Nico Elsa Babe 148cmL
Inoue Miu Elsa Babe 150cmXL
Saya Dollhouse168 80cm "Shiori" (Silicone)
Neko Keibu Elsa Babe
Vampire oral Elsa Babe

AVNDoll

Post by AVNDoll »

The order you should request a refund is: the merchant thenselves, the processor/PayPal whoever it may be, and finally your bank.

If the merchant ignores your request for a refund or your CC processor does not want to process or handle the refund, or denies your dispute entirely you can go directly to your bank and request a chargeback for fraud/scam.

You do not have to accept the loss. Your bank will usually be on your side. They will screw over both the merchant and the processor in favor of you.

Hope this helps, good luck with resolving your situation.

morgan_mr

Post by morgan_mr »

You are most likely going to get bait and switched. You'll receive a doll. But it will either be knock off of the doll you thought you were purchasing or something completely different.

I hope I'm wrong.

Good luck!

INFORMATIONS