Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Wait time right now for new orders

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

taylormayd

Re: Wait time right now for new orders

Post by taylormayd »

princesshunt3r wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:30 pm The wait time is getting quite discouraging. Going into seventh month. I was told about 7 weeks ago that my doll is going to hit pour date soon. Tried emailing twice in past couple weeks with no replies back. Not sure what to think.
And with a delivery date in July, I just found out I may have a visitor come to stay with me for almost a month starting in August. That is going to wreck the honeymoon.
Dude, 7 months is nothing. I had to wait over 9 months for mine. I wish they were more streamlined like the Chinese but they're the best sex doll company on the planet and they operate in the US without slave shop labor, so the demand is high and the costs are high. It's just a price of doing business.

If you have people staying, just keep her in the crate until the guest is gone. I know you'll be anxious to check her out, but the wait will be worth it, and you can savor the experience better the longer you've waited.

chase779
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by chase779 »

My First realdoll will be here Tuesday I’m very excited 😊

princesshunt3r
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by princesshunt3r »

Just checked.
Still says ordered. Nothing else. Same thing it has said since December.
Had a Princess once and she got away.
I guess I should have used a bigger rope.
But now you can get to see Princess Kayleigh viewtopic.php?t=162411

FBC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by FBC »

princesshunt3r wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:53 pm Still says ordered. Nothing else. Same thing it has said since December.
My order from 2021's black friday was most recently projected for early to mid august, so yours may fall in that rough timeline as well. My order was for a doll with customizations (but no special requests). I don't know if they have different schedules for dolls without any changes to the options, or for the realdoll X line.

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

FBC wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:55 am
princesshunt3r wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:53 pm Still says ordered. Nothing else. Same thing it has said since December.
My order from 2021's black friday was most recently projected for early to mid august, so yours may fall in that rough timeline as well. My order was for a doll with customizations (but no special requests). I don't know if they have different schedules for dolls without any changes to the options, or for the realdoll X line.
I ordered a RDX a few weeks ago and I was given a timeline of 10 to 11 months unless I paid extra to expedite. So of course I expedited. I wouldn't recommend it if you are fine with waiting as it is quite expensive to expedite the order. I'm not sure how long everything will take, but my doll will have minimal makeup except for freckles on the face and body.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, will be selling

FBC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by FBC »

anonymousdfuser wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:30 am I ordered a RDX a few weeks ago and I was given a timeline of 10 to 11 months unless I paid extra to expedite. So of course I expedited. I wouldn't recommend it if you are fine with waiting as it is quite expensive to expedite the order.
What was the timeline they gave for an expedited order?

Since Abyss has an emphasis on customizations and special requests and have said that their process is manual labor, I assume that they may have a challenge in expanding - to find people with suitable experience they'd have to pull from the special effects artist job market. That's assuming they want to expand and that they would get more orders if they advertised a shorter timeline given the competition from China. But it is worth noting that the option to pay extra to expedite must exist because they did not scale production.

I assume that timeline of 10 to 11 months for RDX right now, results mainly from their capability, the variable production times that must result from specializing in customizations and special requests, and perhaps the occasional customer skipping the queue (since I doubt paying to expedite translates to overtime).

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

FBC wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:43 am
anonymousdfuser wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:30 am I ordered a RDX a few weeks ago and I was given a timeline of 10 to 11 months unless I paid extra to expedite. So of course I expedited. I wouldn't recommend it if you are fine with waiting as it is quite expensive to expedite the order.
What was the timeline they gave for an expedited order?

Since Abyss has an emphasis on customizations and special requests and have said that their process is manual labor, I assume that they may have a challenge in expanding - to find people with suitable experience they'd have to pull from the special effects artist job market. That's assuming they want to expand and that they would get more orders if they advertised a shorter timeline given the competition from China. But it is worth noting that the option to pay extra to expedite must exist because they did not scale production.

I assume that timeline of 10 to 11 months for RDX right now, results mainly from their capability, the variable production times that must result from specializing in customizations and special requests, and perhaps the occasional customer skipping the queue (since I doubt paying to expedite translates to overtime).
I'll have my doll shipped by early September. However, they don't offer the option I chose anymore. I believe their current expedited option is 6 weeks from ordering to shipment, however that will cost 40% of your total cost. And the expedited option just lets you skip the queue. There isn't anything else to it.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, will be selling

ZZ48UUP
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ZZ48UUP »

princesshunt3r wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:30 pm The wait time is getting quite discouraging. Going into seventh month. I was told about 7 weeks ago that my doll is going to hit pour date soon. Tried emailing twice in past couple weeks with no replies back. Not sure what to think.
And with a delivery date in July, I just found out I may have a visitor come to stay with me for almost a month starting in August. That is going to wreck the honeymoon.
Princesshunt3er, without sharing specifics and/or looking to jam anyone up, I have had a similar experience.

Has anyone received their doll recently and can they provide a date the order was placed??

ZZ48UUP
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ZZ48UUP »

chase779 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:08 pm My First realdoll will be here Tuesday I’m very excited 😊
Chase779, can I ask when you ordered your doll?

chase779
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by chase779 »

2nd week of October 2021

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Looking forward to pics Chase!!!
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky Custom Configuration

ZZ48UUP
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ZZ48UUP »

:multi: :multi: :multi: :drinking: WOO-HOOOO!!!!!!! My Tanya is in the makeup chair! Insert emoji of someone dancing around and jumping for joy!!!!!

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

I placed a order for Stephanie 1.0 and was told the wait time should be around 6 months they had a supply issue with getting the silicone plus the move to vegas made it longer then before but has ben resolved now.

ZZ48UUP
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ZZ48UUP »

Hi mitchrd.

I don't want to get myself in trouble with the forum, but you will be waiting longer than that.

Make sure you have another doll to occupy your time until it arrives.

Good luck

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

I hope not they said that issues where resolved and that dolls that dont have any changes go faster cause of artiest muscle memory.

INFORMATIONS