Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Insert variation, plzz...?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

AnonViking
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Insert variation, plzz...?

Post by AnonViking »

What I write varies between persons!

I own two realdolls, only 3 inserts, one is 7 yearold :D made of very soft silicone. The other two are more recent made with more recent silicone, the same that was introduced a few years ago.

Even though the old insert is very dated (overused!) I still prefer it over the new! (honest customer experience feedback lol)

It's softer, and gives more "suction" I feel.

But my dick with inserts, pun intended, is that all the current inserts only provide for aesthetics differences, but not internal differences, textural, soft or hard, etc. I haven't ordered every single RD insert, but only 2. I'd like more differences.

This is what makes me think Abyss Creations has made the biggest sales mistake. There are god knows how many realdolls out there, and if I saw a wide variety of inserts available for my realdolls I'd order a dozen, if I knew they were actually different beyond aesthetics!

Plz makes all sorts of inserts :D

StarCrossedLovers
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Insert variation, plzz...?

Post by StarCrossedLovers »

I agree 100%. It would be nice of they accurately modeled the interior of an RG and offered some options in that way.

Probably Abyss is under serious pressure just to simply get orders out the door much less work on their R&D. But time well tell.

Speaking of R&D It's interesting how some other companies are able to offer in-body warmth wires, standing options, even actual breathing like lungs now (i.e. RLSD dolls). Some people even form their own Silicone molds, could be an option.

AnonViking
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AnonViking »

It doesn't have to be a perfect internal modeled after a real girl.

Fleshlight sells a lot of units with all sorts of textures and all sorts of dimensions.

Having that kind of option for your realdoll would be awesome.

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

StarCrossedLovers wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:13 am
Probably Abyss is under serious pressure just to simply get orders out the door much less work on their R&D. But time well tell.
This is the reason. At least that's what I was told by their sales guy. They have a ton of orders to complete, and therefore not enough time for R&D.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, most likely will sell

AnonViking
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AnonViking »

They always have a lot of orders :)

Insert design doesn't require a lot of R&D in my opinion, at least compared to the robotic heads R&D.
The insert is very small and doesn't need external redesign, only internal.

I realize they're busy now, but I think this should be one of their key R&D projects in the near future. :D

catlikederek

Post by catlikederek »

Abyss does not seem to have done any R&D since they moved office. As far as I can tell they have lost a lot of the talented and experienced employees. Their main focus seems to make dildos now.

anonymousdfuser

catlikederek wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:03 am Abyss does not seem to have done any R&D since they moved office. As far as I can tell they have lost a lot of the talented and experienced employees. Their main focus seems to make dildos now.
They seem to be getting a lot of orders for the dildos now, although I wouldn't say it's their main focus.

And based on the doll I just got, Abyss does have talented staff. But again, in my case, that doesn't mean everything will go right. My doll had an issue with the finish/sealant right out of the box. I'll be returning it for repairs or replacement. Most likely it will be replacement because the issue with the finish/sealant affects the entire body. Plus they forgot to put one of the magnets into the robot head's skull. Although the good thing is that they are making everything right with no cost to me. Just sucks it wasn't right the first time.

Pilgrim
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Pilgrim »

Be sure to let us know how your replacement goes and how long it takes. Curious minds want to know.

anonymousdfuser

Pilgrim wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:26 am Be sure to let us know how your replacement goes and how long it takes. Curious minds want to know.
Will do. I will start by saying that their customer support is mostly sh*t. So far their sales guy has been the only helpful and friendly person to me. It seems like everyone else at Abyss does not want to talk to me. If you are lucky, you will get one email a day from them, they do not answer the phone, and you are lucky if you get one live chat response from them per day. I am completely in the dark about how they will fix this issue. I have not been given a timeline and I have not been told what will happen other than that I'm sending everything back to them. There is very minimal communication from Abyss. I understand they are busy, but they sent me a very defective doll. The head is fine, except for one or two missing magnets. But the doll body is completely messed up. The sealant is rapidly coming off, the silicone is delaminating in various places, and the skeleton or foam core seems to have issues. In my opinion, it's completely unacceptable to have a customer pay what they charge for a doll and then barely reply to them when they want to know what is happening. I'm not asking anything crazy. I was literally just listing issues so Abyss knows what to look for when they inspect the doll, because they said that they want to do that, and also asking about a timeline for a replacement and how to return the defective stuff.

AnonViking
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AnonViking »

Hopefully they find their footing in Las Vegas.
I've yet to order around 10 different realdolls :\

INFORMATIONS