Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Price increase

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

mitchrd

Price increase

Post by mitchrd »

Just noticed a $500 dollar price increase also heard that by the new year could see the rd2s going for near or above 10k.

anonymousdfuser

Re: Price increase

Post by anonymousdfuser »

mitchrd wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:04 pm Just noticed a $500 dollar price increase also heard that by the new year could see the rd2s going for near or above 10k.
Where did you see the price increase? And where did you hear that RDs are going to go above 10k sale price?
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, most likely will sell

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

That's the possibility that I was told from Sam while on the phone ordering a couple months ago. And just noticed the 500 price increase today on the site cause I knew the normal prices when I was picking the model I wanted. Also it hasn't updated on the main page then clicking the model shows it being higher.

anonymousdfuser

mitchrd wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:32 pm That's the possibility that I was told from Sam while on the phone ordering a couple months ago. And just noticed the 500 price increase today on the site cause I knew the normal prices when I was picking the model I wanted. Also it hasn't updated on the main page then clicking the model shows it being higher.
Might be a reaction to inflation or other supply chain issues. But I have serious doubts that they will raise their price that much, when their competitors are offering increasingly good products at a fraction of the price. RealDolls are already very expensive as it is. And I do see the $500 thing on the website. I have a feeling it's a bug on the website. Anyone, including people at RealDoll, will tell you how broken that website is.

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

Yeah the tpe is cheap but you get what you pay for. The quality and longer lifespan justify the price but I do feel tpe is plenty good enoght to get the job done but RD is like art compared to the others. Plus they must be doing great business if the queue is 9 months out so could see the prices on some getting close to 10k in the near future.

blindwebster
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by blindwebster »

Still with no improvements and increasingly awful wait times. Just sad, but I wish them luck with that. :lol:

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

The wait time is because they make them by hand with talented artist and have a long Q from selling a bunch so feel they are doing fine and don't need luck. As far as improvements just look at the new dolls and how far they have come let alone gel booties unlike stiff tpe butts thats worth it on its own. The detail and looks are great only knock is a few heads are really bad.

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

With that being said its nice to be able to order a tpe get in a week and gets the job done but its apples to oranges comparison if where being honest both have a place and are great so why hate on either.

Justinpassinthru
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Justinpassinthru »

They sent an email out on their newsletter list a while back. They announced the price hike and I believe they attributed it directly to increasing costs of doing business. Of course it was worded to sound positive, but a number of us saw this coming. I'm not a fan of real doll, and while in understand the need to combat inflation, I think they still need to counter balance the bad news with some sort of new value. Sure, their prices haven't gone up with the times, but neither has their quality.

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

Go to any plumbing and hvac supply and look at the price of silicone tubes. They are 2-3X and the shelves are empty. While not the same Silicone that Abyss buys its a good indicator into the industry. Whole sale silicone prices have exploded recently to $4,700 a ton in 2022. 2020 / 2021 they went up a little but not like 2022.

RD1 /2 are not TPE like the cheaper Chinese dolls.
RD silicone is sourced from a US supplier I forget the name but its made in the USA.

They have always had a flat rate for dolls. I amine that the heavier dolls are gettin more expensive to make like D / F vs petite ones

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

Quality has improved through the years just look at the pics from old to new but I haven't seen either in person i feel they should step up the insert game but that's about it. The realism compared to tpe is not fair just look at this vid.

https://sexdolladdict.com/jiggle-vids-from-realdoll/

anonymousdfuser

Justinpassinthru wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:40 pm They sent an email out on their newsletter list a while back. They announced the price hike and I believe they attributed it directly to increasing costs of doing business. Of course it was worded to sound positive, but a number of us saw this coming. I'm not a fan of real doll, and while in understand the need to combat inflation, I think they still need to counter balance the bad news with some sort of new value. Sure, their prices haven't gone up with the times, but neither has their quality.
If possible, can you copy paste it here? I must have missed it.

Bubbagumps
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Bubbagumps »

First World Problems. I am not being mean but if you are looking to buy a multi-thousand-dollar sex doll to begin with, chances are you are not starving or just looking for clean drinking water like around 20% of the worlds population. A lot worse things can happen to you in life than a sex doll company raises the price.

But what has not increased in price ? Just the nature of the market today. Raw material costs have soared. Inflation in North America is approaching historic levels.

Here are a few items I usually buy and how much they cost compared to a year ago:

A dozen eggs - a year ago I usually paid $2.25...now the average is $4.50

A loaf of Sarah Lee Wheat bread a year ago - I paid around $2.99...as of this weekend : $4.25

A 5 pound bag of red potatoes one year ago - $3.25 This past weekend I could not find a bag for less than $5.00

A 8 oz bag of Dorito snack chips - a year ago about $3.00..This past weekend - $5.19

Inflation is everywhere. But as stated, I am glad for the things I do have. Even though I don't like paying more I understand I am still lucky to be able to affords things.

Joedude17

Post by Joedude17 »

Air used to be free. Now its $1.25.

catlikederek

Post by catlikederek »

I have 2 Realdolls but i also have recent silicon dolls from other manufactures. They have surpassed Realdoll in realism, tactile feel and features. They can be had for less than half of a real doll in 3 months from order. I don't mean to piss all over Abyss as i like my girls very much, but the only reason you would get a Realdoll today is if you have fallen for one of the bodies like Body F or Body C that are unlike the offerings from other silicon manufactures, or you want a specific head.

Comparing RDs to TPE is a tired trope and no longer relevant in the current marketplace. It is like comparing beer and coke, you can drink both, but they are not the same thing.

INFORMATIONS