www.dollcabin.com

Spinner Mey review

DollCabin, Premium TPE dolls manufacturer, located in Dongguan China.
We are one of the world's leading Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) of high-quality love dolls. Starting off as a mannequin manufacturer in 2013, over the years, we have integrated incorporate various different aspects of high-quality dolls and small-size adult toy manufacturing services. Right now, We have served customers from the USA, Germany, France, Japan. Website: www.dollcabin.com
Kyuiin

Spinner Mey review

Post by Kyuiin »

I was interested in the TPE Spinner because I've had a PIB (silicone) Bathing Beauty for a long time and like the quality of Patrick's work. Unfortunately, like my other large silicone doll, it's too heavy for me at this point.

Fortunately Patrick is clever and gifted us with the TPE Spinner: 4'6, 46lbs.

I purchased this model https://www.dollcabin.com/product/lovel ... -doll-mey/ but an "in stock" version so I got a discount and faster turnaround in exchange for not choosing anything but the face. Unlike some of the other manufacturers/vendors I've bought from, DollCabin was pretty good with communication after they figured out my email address wasn't fake. I have that problem a lot so I don't particularly fault them, but it did delay payment and, consequently, shipping. I'd like it if they tried before assuming a problem, but I'd also like a pony for my birthday.

Boring bits:
Bought: Nov. 29, 2022
Shipped: Dec. 1, 2022
Arrived: Dec. 6, 2022
Head: Mey
Skin: Caramel
Breast: Jelly
Shoulder: Shrug
Vagina: Fixed
Pubic hair: None
Feet: Standing

The model says "Japanese" but Mey doesn't sound like a Japanese name to me and with the caramel skin my first thought was "Hawaiian." See what you think:
hw_portrait.jpg
hw_portrait.jpg (2 MiB) Viewed 1527 times
No, that top didn't come with the doll. The wig did.

The skin is what I expect from TPE: soft and jiggly all over. I've never had a TPE doll without jelly breasts and these are like the others: soft and jelly jiggly. The weight makes movement easier and the joints are fairly stiff and keep their position --except the neck. The head attaches with a screw that's not easy to get both tight AND facing the direction I want. After a considerable amount of effort the neck screw got a little too tight in the neck and, because I don't want to risk stripping it by pulling it out with pliers, that's just where it's going to live now (see later pics).

I was concerned when I saw the eyes because ALL the Mey pictures have that same side glance, but they eyes do move. I can take a picture if you don't believe me.

One pleasant surprise was the shrugging shoulders. The idea seemed stupid to me but they were included so there was nothing for me to do. Having wrestled clothes on to a few dolls with simple shoulder movement I can appreciate how easy it was to get this doll's arms above its head and in position to slide on a top with the better shoulders. If you like lots of outfits with your doll the extra cost is worthwhile.

Overall I'm happy with the doll. I'll post some pictures in followup messages to keep them organized by topic and reduce the pictures per post.

Kyuiin

Re: Spinner Mey review (unboxing)

Post by Kyuiin »

I suppose the beginning begins with the beginning, which is unboxing. The box arrived, standard cardboard. If you have difficulty reading the sign saying not to stand the box on its end you're not alone; the UPS driver completely missed it. Good thing I got the "standing feet."
hw_box.jpg
hw_box.jpg (2.64 MiB) Viewed 1525 times
This is the (mostly) undisturbed packaging.
hw_open_box_1.jpg
hw_open_box_1.jpg (3.17 MiB) Viewed 1525 times
This is under the first layer.
hw_open_box_2.jpg
hw_open_box_2.jpg (3.38 MiB) Viewed 1525 times
And here's a closeup of the extra bits.
hw_extras.jpg
hw_extras.jpg (4.29 MiB) Viewed 1525 times
The face ships with a plastic cover to protect it. Said plastic does not flatter or much protect the nose.
hw_face_plastic.jpg
hw_face_plastic.jpg (2.24 MiB) Viewed 1525 times

Kyuiin

Re: Spinner Mey review (details)

Post by Kyuiin »

Here are some detail shots.

Fingers:
hw_fingers.jpg
hw_fingers.jpg (2.04 MiB) Viewed 1519 times
Toes:
hw_toes.jpg
hw_toes.jpg (2.13 MiB) Viewed 1519 times
This is probably a maker's mark of some kind. I'm too lazy to research it because it'll be covered with hair, like the Elsa Babe mark.
hw_makers_mark.jpg
hw_makers_mark.jpg (3.07 MiB) Viewed 1519 times

Kyuiin

Re: Spinner Mey review (blemishes)

Post by Kyuiin »

Now the parts that aren't as fun. The face had a few blemishes on it. They didn't wipe off with my finger so I'll see about cleaning them properly at some point. I've never done it with TPE (or with much success on silicone) so don't expect an update on it soon.

This is the first, a mark on the right cheek.
hw_face_blemish_cheek.jpg
hw_face_blemish_cheek.jpg (2.29 MiB) Viewed 1514 times
Here's a better view of the forehead blemish.
hw_face_blemish_forehead.jpg
hw_face_blemish_forehead.jpg (2.73 MiB) Viewed 1514 times
There's also a blemish on the left side of the nose bridge.
hw_face_blemish_nose.jpg
hw_face_blemish_nose.jpg (2.64 MiB) Viewed 1514 times
Here's the neck screw I mentioned earlier. It's not really broken and, in hindsight, I should have used Vaseline before screwing it in.
hw_neckbolt.jpg
hw_neckbolt.jpg (2.17 MiB) Viewed 1514 times

Kyuiin

Re: Spinner Mey review (follow up)

Post by Kyuiin »

DollCabin just impressed the heck out of me. They saw the review and are sending stain remover for the blemishes and pointed out a different neck connector that snaps, rather than screws, on in my unopened accessories bag.

Their edit:
connector.jpg
connector.jpg (109.67 KiB) Viewed 1464 times
I guess I should spend some time going through the boring extras.

tubbienine
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Spinner Mey review

Post by tubbienine »

Looking forward to hearing more of your review. I just ordered a TPE Alexis (open mouth) Spinner and sadly, there are just hardly any reviews out there to help make a decision. Your small partial one here was one of just a handful.

T9

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Nice write up so far, and a nice cute doll.
QUESTION - Are the fingers wire or articulated ?

Few things to help you out...

1) Neck - common and no big issue. Get two CLEAN wrenches (vice grip, etc.). Gently push down the TPE on the stump and grasp the outside of the threaded neck shaft with one wrench. Grasp the bolt with the other use then together to remove the stuck bolt. You won't damage the neck, just take your time. Again make sure they are CLEAN before you start. :) In the future a drop or two of baby oil on the bolt will help. Also many posts on here about ways to "lock" the head in your preferred position.

2) Facial Blemishes - Again, no big issue. 10% benzoyl peroxide acne cream is pretty much the TPE goto now for fixes like that. See HERE for some comments (viewtopic.php?p=2280485#p2280485) the last post, not the way older stuff. I'm not sure what they are sending you, but the acne cream should do the trick. A bit on a Q-tip to the effected area will fix it. Of course test it first. :) Also will probably take care of her big black birth mark too.

Good luck and have fun.
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

tubbienine
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by tubbienine »

Thanks for the tips. So you are loosening the neck bolt to raise it's height to where it acts as a stop nut for the head?

Actually, paint thinner (turpentine) is magic for removing any TPE stain. Just wash it off after the stain is removed and powder.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

tubbienine wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:34 pm Thanks for the tips. So you are loosening the neck bolt to raise it's height to where it acts as a stop nut for the head?

Actually, paint thinner (turpentine) is magic for removing any TPE stain. Just wash it off after the stain is removed and powder.
For the head bolt the two wrenches allow you to hold the metal neck tube in place while you remove the bolt with no damage to the doll. The initial concern was that the bolt was frozen into the neck.
Many ways to "lock" head to preferred position. Usually I will place the appropriate sized metal washer over the neck stump to protect the TPE stump, then use lock washers, nuts, hose washers, etc. to position the head where I want. With any of these the metal washer is key to protect the TPE neck stump. Using the right sized nut as as stop nut or jam nut would also work.

I would suggest EXTEME CAUTION if you are going to use direct applied turpentine to TPE as a stain remover. Some have had positive results, others disaster. So test first. The acne cream has so far been a mild and gentle stain remover that works well with the new blends of TPE. It's your doll so do what you want, but just move forward with your eyes open as to the risks and be aware you should test it first.

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

tubbienine
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by tubbienine »

Got it on the neck!

The turpentine is used in very modest amounts, just the minimal needed applied on a cloth rag, never direct to the TPE. It works magic and will remove disastrous stains that others will not. But you must wash it off immediately after using. I never witnessed it damaging TPE like Acetone will or other solvents. It just is toxic to your skin and smells like hell.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Thanks for your info on using turpentine for stain removal.

... W ...

INFORMATIONS