sexyrealsexdolls.com

Need recommendations for green screen/background editing

No matter how great your camera might be, it is how you apply your skills that makes the difference between an OK shot and a great shot. Here you can talk technical, talk creative, share your techniques, lighting, and digital editing. This is where we can all help each other to take better photos.
If you post a photo here and are looking for a critique, you should be prepared for honest criticism even if it hurts. It will only help to make us better photographers.

Moderator: Swan

Photo_guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Need recommendations for green screen/background editing

Post by Photo_guy »

I have been overwhelmed with options that aren't quite what I need via google so am asking here in hopes that someone can point me to a simpler solution.
I have a green screen, can take a decent photo, and have plenty of my own photos for new backgrounds. I'm looking for a simple way to put them all together.
And this is going to sound strange in this day & age especially for someone who's screen name is; Photo_guy, but I do not or have ever had photoshop, I've always just tried to take a good photo to begin with. So probably one of my biggest stumbling blocks is not fully understanding all the terminology used with software and various programs that so many of you are used to using.

There were a couple suggested to me, Shotcut and kdenlive which look great but they are complicated video editing programs- I just want to work with jpegs. An online platform is fine or I can d/l a program as long as it's not incredibly large and complicated. Free is good but I'm certainly not against paying a few bucks for something that works.

Do any of you guys have any platforms/programs that you like and may fit my needs? What do you think?
TIA-

*I probably should add that I am using an apple desk and laptop computers.
Every day is a good day, some are just better than others. - RJD
Jo- WM 167 H Cup Fitness Model
Amber- (Shared Body) Head #266

Stacy
Five Card Draw

ZombieWinter
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Need recommendations for green screen/background editing

Post by ZombieWinter »

You can find a free (hacked) copy of photoshop online. It's an easy program to use. SNOW is a good app for your phone if you don't care for FaceApp.
FOR SALE: (PARODY) viewtopic.php?t=146954

ElsaBabe silicone 150 + RHB009, JM Doll silicone Tree Elf AIO, EX silicone 145 + Lilith + Youyi, EX silicone 158 + Kayla + Penny, Sanhui silicone 168 + #12, Starpery silicone 156 + Cynthia, PIB silicone Spinner Cello Shelby, WM TPE 165-D gel, Zelex silicone 155 + GE41 + GE44 + GE45 + GE52, Zelex silicone 147 Premium Series + GD53

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

I do my green screening manually with Windows Paint.

Urdor Izajar
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Urdor Izajar »

Maybe take a look at GIMP. It's free, works with mac and YouTube has plenty of videos about its use. The only drawback is that you have to export as a jpeg every time you save.
#62 and #74 and #108 heads on a 140D, 155A, or 166C
Beth, Eliza, Nikki

Bob Ross speaks to me when I'm doing makeup. He says "Don't mess up or your going to have to put a happy tree there."

ChaXen
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ChaXen »

I thought I would add my photography experience here with no digital enhancements perspective.

With all that I have done, I have never, ever done any kind of digital enhancements of any kind in my nearly 8,000 pic portfolio unless I announce that I have done so to any viewer of a pic that has been digitally enhanced.

This pic I did last Thanksgiving. One who saw it admitted to spending a half-hour thinking for sure it was photo-shopped.

At the end of our pleasant discussion over this, I said to him:

"I slept with a wad of cash over me for at least five days".

I used fishing line, and a bunch of clear scotch tape.

Just sharing here is all! :D
Attachments
moneyshot.jpg
moneyshot.jpg (1.05 MiB) Viewed 767 times
"Leila & Masami"
https://www.chaxen.com

Leila Mayana biography found here: https://www.chaxen.com/post/leila-s-biography

Masami Miyana biography found here: https://www.chaxen.com/post/masami

Aiko Rose description found here: https://www.chaxen.com/post/_aiko

Our official advertisement flyer: https://hungryforhits.com/profilepage.php?id=31455

Leila: Email US! leilamasami@gmail.com

Photo_guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Photo_guy »

ChaXen wrote:
I used fishing line, and a bunch of clear scotch tape. :D
I like it!

All of my photography up to this point in my life has been mostly outdoor, adventure/travel type shooting for which I've never had a need to manipulate the photos much at all. My desire to use green screen is solely for the dolls, mainly for the Five Card Draw story line, to put them in real world places and situations. I've no desire to go through the learning curve of photoshop or anything else that big and entailed.

I will look into Gimp and a few others and try to find one that works for me.
Thanks to all-

Stacy
Five Card Draw

cryptid85
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by cryptid85 »

I've been looking for a real-time Chromakey / Green screen app that that will do real-time Chromakey replacement / green screen photography. Mainly want to be able to preview the replacement without having to transfer and post-process my photo with photoshop to determine if the setup is viable. So far everything I’ve come across is for replacement in videos.

Photo_guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Photo_guy »

Honestly here over a year later I am still in the dark about much of this stuff, the terminology of it alone confuses me.
I ended up buying a scaled down version of PhotoShop- Photoshop Elements, and although I suck at it, the software does do what I wanted to do with my photos, and much, much more.

Cryptid85 I am not sure if it will do what your asking but it does have a whole lot of features, might look into it. I remember from my early searches for software I also couldn't find anything but video applications, it was frustrating to say the least. Good luck-

Stacy
Five Card Draw

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Photo_guy wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:41 pm I have been overwhelmed with options that aren't quite what I need via google so am asking here in hopes that someone can point me to a simpler solution.
I have a green screen, can take a decent photo, and have plenty of my own photos for new backgrounds. I'm looking for a simple way to put them all together.
And this is going to sound strange in this day & age especially for someone who's screen name is; Photo_guy, but I do not or have ever had photoshop, I've always just tried to take a good photo to begin with. So probably one of my biggest stumbling blocks is not fully understanding all the terminology used with software and various programs that so many of you are used to using.

There were a couple suggested to me, Shotcut and kdenlive which look great but they are complicated video editing programs- I just want to work with jpegs. An online platform is fine or I can d/l a program as long as it's not incredibly large and complicated. Free is good but I'm certainly not against paying a few bucks for something that works.

Do any of you guys have any platforms/programs that you like and may fit my needs? What do you think?
TIA-

*I probably should add that I am using an apple desk and laptop computers.
I finally decided to start doing work thru the pc, a bit late really, as I'm not the youngest. I got Corel Paint and Photoshop. I bought a book off Amazon and followed You-tube instructions on how to use them. Believe me, as a traditional pen and paper comic guy it was kinda hard. Everything was SO unintuitive. You can't just pick up a pencil and go.

However the youtube vids and the book really helped and in a year I was making some decent stuff. Even learned how to transpose photographic backgrounds into my artwork. It really isn't so hard.

Photoshop is really good for more formal illustrative draught work, I find, while Corel paint feels more like it's for an artist. I use both.

Ooops, almost forget, it really helps if you can get an art tablet and pen that you would attach to your pc. Costs range from cheap to expensive.

I reckon with your photoskills you would learn these art programs faster than me and make some good work. A good photo improved with one of these utilities and no one will even know you used anything and it'll look amazing!
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

Photo_guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Photo_guy »

Socratus wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:51 pm
I reckon with your photoskills you would learn these art programs faster than me and make some good work. A good photo improved with one of these utilities and no one will even know you used anything and it'll look amazing!
Thanks for the encouragement sir, looking into some tutorials on youtube sounds like a very good idea. I need to, I've kind of hit a plateau and can't seem to get any better. Thanks.

Stacy
Five Card Draw

INFORMATIONS