Starpery.com

tearing knee skin

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Satisdix

tearing knee skin

Post by Satisdix »

Lil Sis in white, bad knee.jpg
Lil Sis in white, bad knee.jpg (181.54 KiB) Viewed 174 times
Doll knee is showing rips. Anybody else get that on their dolls ?

Don't mind the wrist wraps. I'm trying to lessen the wear on them, probably with some skin colored wrist braces later. Actually, what do you guys use to support the dolls wrists ? The fingers are a write off all the time so quickly. I hope to get a doll with the more expensive finger skeletons instead of wires.

I bought my girls for the sex and company, but I see why some buy them for photography only. They are fun to photograph !

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: tearing knee skin

Post by seagull »

Satisdix, would be useful to know if this is a TPE doll
Can't make any assumptions about storage, care, etc, as TPE has slightly different characteristics to Silicone

Taeyeon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Taeyeon »

Hello Satisdix,

you have so cute doll!
I like her picture where she sits on bed^^
I wish your doll knee injury can be healed and she is healthy again soon.
It looks there is drying or tension in bent knee area >.<

TaeYeon
(。ᵔᵔ。) SooYoung's pages (DS/Ex-lite/Sino T158) and album

사랑은 그저 사랑이다. 절대 설명 될 수 없다.
Love is just love. It can never be explained.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Looking at her she appears to be a TPE doll, so I'll make my suggestions based on that. :)
This looks like common TPE surface drying and skin fracture at a stress point.

Repair is straight forward. Lightly oil the area and use a temperature controlled hot air gun to gently heat the surface so the TPE melts back together. if you do it gently then there should be no need for extensive surface work to get the skin look back. Search and read a bit before trying it on your doll, and PRACTICE first on a hidden area (neck stump, etc.). Before repair make sure the knee is in a non-stressed position and straight. :)

Not sure how this was caused, but typically this is the result of leaving a doll in a non neutral position for an extended period. So maybe don't leave her sitting with her knees bent for display. Standing is usually better. Plus drying due to oil leaving the surface of the TPE. She might benefit from a light baby oil hydration to get he back in shape. Some older dolls needed more oil than current TPE blends.

With the oil or heat, take your time, practice first and be gentle.
Go slow if this is your first repair, so you don't make it worse.

Good luck.
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

INFORMATIONS